Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spent the last 3 days thinking about it and thinking about it and reading this thread all the way through.... and I just finally placed my order! :)

It'll be (by far) the most expensive toy/decoration I've ever bought, so I'm a little nervous. And I may have to skip buying a few other things I'd like to have this summer, but I'm hoping this will be the centerpiece of my collection.

I've spent the last 3 days thinking about it and thinking about it and reading this thread all the way through.... and I just finally placed my order! :)

It'll be (by far) the most expensive toy/decoration I've ever bought, so I'm a little nervous. And I may have to skip buying a few other things I'd like to have this summer, but I'm hoping this will be the centerpiece of my collection.

You wont regret its must have for Alien Fans.....:hi5:

You wont regret its must have for Alien Fans.....:hi5:

I'm not so sure,the SS maquette is fine but the must have for an ALIEN fan is the Sano ALIEN:):yess:
img_406045_64670296_16.jpg

I'm pretty torn on this piece. I already have the CM Alien, but I really dig this Big Chap. To the guys who have both...is it different enough in person to warrant buying both? Space is an issue for me.

I've recently seen it in a window shop (SS maquette)and I have to say I was disappointed:monkey2
You should stick with the CM,it is a much greater piece(more Gigeresque) that the SS maquette especialy it you don't really have enough room for it...!I don't beleive it is a must have:dunno
But anyway it's cool to own both:lolUp to you:wink1:

I like the SS one much better because of his moving pose. The other one to be looks like a big action figure standing straight lifeless.

I like the SS one much better because of his moving pose. The other one to be looks like a big action figure standing straight lifeless.
..exactly. The Sano perfectly captures the presence of the Alien. Whereas the SS Maquette looks like a goofy phantom of the opera guy.

Plus, it's more accurate.

The Sano is supposed to be more of a museum piece anyway. The Alien is one of the only movie monsters that looks best in very static, still poses. Such a unique and creepy feature of him.

I'm not so sure,the SS maquette is fine but the must have for an ALIEN fan is the Sano ALIEN:):yess:
img_406045_64670296_16.jpg

Yehh SanO Alien is also nice but I prefer SS .... price wise.... oHH :wink1: I m Predator Fan tOo & I have ordereD Wolf LSF ..... & upcoming 1/5 scale Predator & Elder Predator ....... Wolf LSF is most expensive Statue i M getting.... i dont think that kind of money i will spend on any other statue.......:)

I've been debating on buying this one for a long time now. I have the opportunity to get a Cinemaquette Alien, albeit a few hundred dollars more, but I keep coming back to this thread and I can't make up my mind. I'm actually loving the pose and paint on this SS piece, and it's cheaper. Anyways, congrats Niceman. I'm glad you were able to pull the trigger on this, I'm still :panic: :thud:

..exactly. The Sano perfectly captures the presence of the Alien. Whereas the SS Maquette looks like a goofy phantom of the opera guy.

Plus, it's more accurate.

The Sano is supposed to be more of a museum piece anyway. The Alien is one of the only movie monsters that looks best in very static, still poses. Such a unique and creepy feature of him.

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

Yehh SanO Alien is also nice but I prefer SS .... price wise.... oHH :wink1: I m Predator Fan tOo & I have ordereD Wolf LSF ..... & upcoming 1/5 scale Predator & Elder Predator ....... Wolf LSF is most expensive Statue i M getting.... i dont think that kind of money i will spend on any other statue.......:)

To each his own:wink1::hi5:
Congrats for all your pre-orders:clapAwesome pieces:clap
ALIEN and Predator :rock

I've been debating on buying this one for a long time now. I have the opportunity to get a Cinemaquette Alien, albeit a few hundred dollars more, but I keep coming back to this thread and I can't make up my mind. I'm actually loving the pose and paint on this SS piece, and it's cheaper. Anyways, congrats Niceman. I'm glad you were able to pull the trigger on this, I'm still :panic: :thud:

I pulled the trigger with a 4 month flexpay to make it not hurt so much. If my business goes well this summer, I'll pay early and have it shipped, but if things are slow, I should be able to manage $200 a month. At least now, I know I've reserved it.

I just can't let myself get in the habit of buying $800 decorations, no matter how awesome.... but I think this one is the right one.

Going back and forth I was really torn about if I preferred the Sano or the Big Chap Maquette (The Cinemaquette never grabbed me.) I think I picked the right one for me aesthetically and financially. I love the dynamic pose of the Big Chap Maquette I'm seeing in the in-hand pictures. That's the kind of drama I prefer.

Luckily for me, I'm not a predator fan, so I don't have to spend 2K on the Wolf! :D

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger with a 4 month flexpay to make it not hurt so much. If my business goes well this summer, I'll pay early and have it shipped, but if things are slow, I should be able to manage $200 a month. At least now, I know I've reserved it.

I just can't let myself get in the habit of buying $800 decorations, no matter how awesome.... but I think this one is the right one.

Going back and forth I was really torn about if I preferred the Sano or the Big Chap Maquette (The Cinemaquette never grabbed me.) I think I picked the right one for me aesthetically and financially. I love the dynamic pose of the Big Chap Maquette I'm seeing in the in-hand pictures. That's the kind of drama I prefer.

Luckily for me, I'm not a predator fan, so I don't have to spend 2K on the Wolf! :D

Great choice you will like this a lot. :clap not saying this because I can't afford the other one. I just like the big chap much more than the sano version. I think you will too.

I was on fence about this one but scored a deal I couldn't resist so have this coming to me soon! Can't wait. Been watching YouTube reviews to hold me over

Back