Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait for a legendary scale alien....you know they'll go all out in terms of detail...

Watch alien first...
Some Basics every Alien fan should know:

ALIEN was released in 1979 by 20th Century Fox Film Corp

Directed by Ridely Scott

written by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shusett

Tom Skerritt ... Dallas

Sigourney Weaver ... Ripley

Veronica Cartwright ... Lambert

Harry Dean Stanton ... Brett (cameo in Avengers referencing "alien")

John Hurt ... Kane ( Harry Potter: Ollivander)

Ian Holm ... Ash (Lord of the Rings: Bilbo Baggins)

Yaphet Kotto ... Parker

Bolaji Badejo ... Alien

Music - Jerry Goldsmith

Alien designs - H.R. Giger

concept artist - Ron Cobb (worked on Conana the Barbarian, Indiana Jones, etctribute Clone Wars character jedi Roron Corob)

costume designer - John Mollo (Star Wars costume design)

Cargo Vessel: Nostromo
Shuttle Craft / Life Boat : Narcissus

Cat: Jones / Jonesy / "little $_____head" (Aliens)

Wow thanks so much for all the great info. I believe I've seen all except the first part.

picture.php
Made a college to go with my chap

LOVE this set up!!!:yess::clap

you have seen every one of them except the true original:slap

COMICBOOKGUY,
just do yourself a favor and watch it before Prometheus...actually watch it asap...on BLURAY the original cut then the theatrical cut...

The film is a genuine classic... but genuinely well-made cinema from one of the masters...Ridley Scott storyboards his own films and this is one baby that is just beautifully crafted from the acting to the execution of the editing and of course the artistic design...and then it's imprint on pop culture to top it off...this film is the reason alien movies were ever spun off in the first place...

Last edited:
The special effects are amazing for how old it is..at least in the director's cut. I have it on blu ray, but haven't watch the theatrical version in a long time. Alien is a great movie. It will seem a little slow if it's the first time you've seen it, but it's really suspenseful when you have a feel for the movie, and when you know what's coming. So many great actors too. I didn't even remember Ian Holm (Bilbo Baggins in LOTR) was in Alien.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME --
Yoshihiko Sano sculpted 1/2 scale A L I E N !!!

SIDESHOW, ARE YOU LISTENING?

Now THAT would be something!! :thud:

I don't have room for a 1/1 full scale but, I would definitely find room for a 1/2 scale, no doubt! :drool

Received the Big Chap Maquette(nr:427) today!
I'm super pleased with it!, love it!!

Did survive the journey all the way to sweden.. *phuu!* =D

Last edited:
^^^^^
Man, that sucks. Instant replacement.

Hopefully SS won't give you the old "we checked several of these in our warehouse and we can confirm they are all like that" company line....:gah:

Here goes mine. Just arrived to Spain!!

D-12.jpg

C-16.jpg

J-2.jpg

E-12.jpg

F-5.jpg

L-1.jpg

I used to be one of those who were not totally convinced with the pose of this big chap, but once seen in person I think that it's unbelievable!

Back