Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While i agree with the lsb of the queen... Where would anyone put it hahahaha. That queen is 1/4 scale i believe... You would need to double up plus it. That would be insanely massive and pricey hahaha.

Yeah, I bet the creative teams at Sideshow are seriously debating whether to make a Queen LSB & if so whether or not they should go half scale or less. I'd love to see it happen though & would sell one of my kidneys to get one. :)

Got #439 today and all is good! No major issues or broken tendons. So relieved.

resized.jpg

Yeah, I bet the creative teams at Sideshow are seriously debating whether to make a Queen LSB & if so whether or not they should go half scale or less.

I don't think they really have much debating to do there, a 1/2 queen would be something like 45"+ Deep. Nobody could display that. She will be 1/4 if they do her, the benefits of "Legendary" scale is that it can be anything. This big chap is slightly larger than 1/2 it seems.

I don't think they really have much debating to do there, a 1/2 queen would be something like 45"+ Deep. Nobody could display that. She will be 1/4 if they do her, the benefits of "Legendary" scale is that it can be anything. This big chap is slightly larger than 1/2 it seems.

:doh

Yes, that was arguably the dumbest post I ever did submit. I wasn't thinking straight & should have put 1/4 scale where I put half scale. :slap

1/3 scale queen possibly ?? And i had a few more minutes to scan over my big chap.. one minor issue was found but i have a question. First minor issue is the tube connecting from the head to the base on the side was only glued halfway. So theres a gap that can be seen ughhh. But my question lies in the base. You can tell different painting techniques and or different people painted bases and heads. But does everyone elses base portion feel rough ?? Mine feels as if theres no clear coat on it. Just curious.

But my question lies in the base. You can tell different painting techniques and or different people painted bases and heads. But does everyone elses base portion feel rough ?? Mine feels as if theres no clear coat on it. Just curious.

Yes mate, mine is the same. I mentioned in my post on the previous page that the paint seems inconsistent on this thing, where parts of the bust are painted nice, but other parts are painted poorly and feel rough, as you said. Someone elwe in this thread also mentioned the same thing, so i think they are all like that.

Weird thing is that there is a spot at the back underneath the head where its painted smooth and glossy, in a spot that nobody will see or touch, yet there are visible areas that feel like sandpaper lol.

The SS Alien Queen was 1/4 scale. If they do a queen lsb I can't imagine it being bigger than that. Honestly I'm hopeful for a runner lsb. Alien 3 design was one of my favorites. Those slanted ridges showing through the back portion of the clear dome...

The underside of my dome is covered in overspray. But its underneath and behind the piece where you cant see it. on a sidenote curious thought... If everyones base is like this whose not to say that every single piece is flawed ??? What if just for second we think about this. Shipment comes in from overseas and upon inspection its noticed that every single base is missing its clearcoat. What would sideshow do ?? Find a way to delay the piece possibly ?? Maybe say the shipment is held up by customs at port maybe ?? Oh wait they did that. Just enough time to decide what to do. Maybe the answer was to just ship them out anyway. And maybe scuff marks and broken tendons are a saving grace. Their making it so we just gloss over the base issue. Just a what if.

I've contacted fedex to ask about getting my import fee's back and if that is possible, I'm just going to request a refund.

It's possible but not through Fedex. You have to apply to HMRC directly using form C285 PI (Private Individual). Here's the link:

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140603102731/https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/c285-pi.pdf

You can claim back the Duty & VAT, but not any clearance/handling fees, which Fedex keep. You'll need to supply evidence/documentation in the way of emails and photos to prove the imported item was destroyed. The whole process usually takes about 4-6 weeks before the claim is approved and you get (most of) your money back.

After having to go through this process one too many times, I now think very carefully whether I want to risk ordering Sideshow product. And with this one I decided not to roll the dice.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

The SS Alien Queen was 1/4 scale. If they do a queen lsb I can't imagine it being bigger than that. Honestly I'm hopeful for a runner lsb. Alien 3 design was one of my favorites. Those slanted ridges showing through the back portion of the clear dome...

It's been a while since I watched Alien 3 so I just googled some pictures of the Runner Alien & I can't wait to see them unveil this one as it's design is going to look strikingly different to the first 2 & does look awesome.

I think I'll watch Alien 3 at the weekend. The question is, original or Assembly Cut? It really has been several years since I watched either & I've only seen the Assembly Cut once & can't remember whether I preferred it or not. I'm pretty sure that there were things in it that I did prefer & a few scenes that I missed from the original.

Directors cut for Alien 3. I never understood the hate that film got myself, I've always liked it a lot. The Alien is great also... Lips and all ;)

The underside of my dome is covered in overspray. But its underneath and behind the piece where you cant see it. on a sidenote curious thought... If everyones base is like this whose not to say that every single piece is flawed ??? What if just for second we think about this. Shipment comes in from overseas and upon inspection its noticed that every single base is missing its clearcoat. What would sideshow do ?? Find a way to delay the piece possibly ?? Maybe say the shipment is held up by customs at port maybe ?? Oh wait they did that. Just enough time to decide what to do. Maybe the answer was to just ship them out anyway. And maybe scuff marks and broken tendons are a saving grace. Their making it so we just gloss over the base issue. Just a what if.
You reported that yours was 'Pretty much flawless' :huh :slap :lol

Did you think about how much grief you've thrown at Sideshow and come back to justify your stance?

Directors cut for Alien 3. I never understood the hate that film got myself, I've always liked it a lot. The Alien is great also... Lips and all ;)

Yea, I love Alien 3. Haters gonna hate, then the bandwagon joins in.

The 2003 Assembly cut is the way to go. Ox and all. And I agree with everyone else, Alien 3 is very under appreciated. Fincher did a fantastic job for a directorial debut.

Back