Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£55.29 here. Maybe they only billed you based on what you actually paid for the item after reward points were used

£55.29 here. Maybe they only billed you based on what you actually paid for the item after reward points were used
Nah, discounts aren't considered. They charge on full retail value, which should be about $100 for mine.

I've realised they make it up as they go. I was charged about £30 over on my Red Sonja.

That's quite an arrogant statement there, man.
I know, their entire reply just made me even more annoyed about the whole thing. The direct quote was

Thank you very much for your response. Please know we try our best to provide replacements whenever we can, however with the limited nature of everything we create, this is not always possible. Every one of these pieces are hand-made, and because of that you will be able to find small imperfections somewhere on every bust if you look close enough. For that reason, we do not feel we can provide you a replacement that would be a significant improvement over your current item.

As a courtesy, I can increase the credit to $55.00 credit toward a future order, however this would be the maximum amount we will be able to offer due to the low retail cost of this item.

Damn Col, sorry to see that, I'm pretty worried now. If I get something like that after all of my anticipation for this one I'll be extremely unhappy...

It's weird, the warrior was great apart from the paint chips etc! awesome paint and finish etc... No consistency.

Sorry you got hammered with that one Col :gah:

Hopefully they'll hook you up with a replacement, as that's one of the rougher ones we've seen. Keep us posted!

Yeah, i'll take a replacement and hope it's alot better.
Messed up my display plan...

1zob4uc.jpg

fubedd.jpg

xghes4.jpg

jgtfnl.jpg

At least this makes the Warriors teeth look amazing...

cumfb.jpg

At least this makes the Warriors teeth look amazing...

I thought that same thing. Personally I think the issue with the Big Chap's teeth is a bad sculpt job on them specifically. They have a very unevenness to them all around.

And sorry to see yours showed up that badly damaged. That's terrible man. I'm hoping my replacement shows up in good shape. Has anyone else sent off for a replacement?

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

It's terrible that Col, hope they give you a replacement. They offered me $50 but I still opted for swap. Think they will tell me they can't find one any better though.

I'm really sorry to hear about yours, Col. Mine has just this second arrived & was handed to me upside down. :slap

I am not expecting this opening & inspection to go well. :(

I have to go out now so I'll message this thread with the results of my Big Chap when I get back in & open it.

Mine showed up Wednesday. Relieved to say it's a pretty good one. No tendon issues, dome seal is good aside from one quarter of an inch spot that's not noticeable in any viewing angle of display. I do have an issue I haven't seen anyone mention yet: a small chip of the area below the "cheek," on the side of the chin, with some sort of rust colored material showing. Again, not really noticeable and I'm really happy with the piece. Yes the paint down below should've been more detailed, but as I'm not focusing on Big Chap's chest or neck areas really, I'm not too bothered by it. Teeth of course are ugly like everyone's.

Sorry to see so many didn't turn out well... Hope everyone ends up happy. I know how crushed it makes ya feel to get one that's less than acceptable. Due to the roll of the dice that's seemingly involved on some of the pieces SS makes, holding to my decision to be done with SS statues.

Not sure many can help here, but I'm wondering if SS 1/6 scale figures have the sorts of QC concerns we get with some of our statues? Seems they'd be less problematic. I have a credit and reward points I want to use up on something, and have my eye on the 1/6 Scout trooper and Speeder bundle.

Mine showed up Wednesday. Relieved to say it's a pretty good one. No tendon issues, dome seal is good aside from one quarter of an inch spot that's not noticeable in any viewing angle of display. I do have an issue I haven't seen anyone mention yet: a small chip of the area below the "cheek," on the side of the chin, with some sort of rust colored material showing. Again, not really noticeable and I'm really happy with the piece. Yes the paint down below should've been more detailed, but as I'm not focusing on Big Chap's chest or neck areas really, I'm not too bothered by it. Teeth of course are ugly like everyone's.

Sorry to see so many didn't turn out well... Hope everyone ends up happy. I know how crushed it makes ya feel to get one that's less than acceptable. Due to the roll of the dice that's seemingly involved on some of the pieces SS makes, holding to my decision to be done with SS statues.

Not sure many can help here, but I'm wondering if SS 1/6 scale figures have the sorts of QC concerns we get with some of our statues? Seems they'd be less problematic. I have a credit and reward points I want to use up on something, and have my eye on the 1/6 Scout trooper and Speeder bundle.

From my experience 1/6th figures are a lot more consistent with coming out superb. They're not hand painted, which helps huge in terms of human error and googly eyes, or anything like that. They're more like really high quality action figures over the more artistic statues. So if you've had your eye on the Scout Trooper, I say go for it! Is it already out? If so, you can always check out the forums for customer's thoughts on it as well!

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

af2b902bb04c4310bf57811373e19546.jpg

Repainted the teeth and like the chrome look much better. Looks nicer in person than my phone camera pic. It's too bad the teeth are so rough as I would need to sand and redefine from the poor factory job.

Im genuinely sorry for the condition of your bust collectorcol. Thats pretty bad. Your setup looks awesome though. I hope everything works out for you. And im being honest not an ass.

Back