Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grats Thrifty and Zod!! Glad you guys both love it!!

It was definitely worth the year's wait. Such a beast!!! I just can never get over it...it's kind of silly :lol

Zod, definitely contact them and inquire about it and see if there's a way you can fix it. From the way you have it displayed it should be okay, but always best to ask!

I figure it can't hurt to see what they say. I rarely have issues with anything from Sideshow --this is the worst case I've had and it's nothing compared to some others I've seen. Wouldn't expect a replacement or anything since those should go to people that really got screwed but I'd love to see if there's a way to get this stuff off. I think I can deal with it as-is, but it's so close to being perfect I gotta know if there's anything I can do.

I figure it can't hurt to see what they say. I rarely have issues with anything from Sideshow --this is the worst case I've had and it's nothing compared to some others I've seen. Wouldn't expect a replacement or anything since those should go to people that really got screwed but I'd love to see if there's a way to get this stuff off. I think I can deal with it as-is, but it's so close to being perfect I gotta know if there's anything I can do.

Well this is a great piece to have near perfect! Like I said, mine has a few minor issues...very minor. To the point where I'm not even mentioning them to SS because that'd be really nitpicky! It's really superb. I really can't get over it. I love the size!

If I decide to try and get a full refund instead of a replacement, is there any way to claim my import fees back?

Can anyone that knows answer this please? ^^^

They've offered me $50 CREDIT or the option of returning it for a refund. No replacement as the issue is so small, a new one could end up being worse. I said I'm not happy with either option and that the issue isn't as minor as they're making out. If I can't get my import fees and shipping back, I'll be £80 out of pocket. Any advice? I really don't know what to do. I'm so annoyed.

Can anyone that knows answer this please? ^^^

They've offered me $50 CREDIT or the option of returning it for a refund. No replacement as the issue is so small, a new one could end up being worse. I said I'm not happy with either option and that the issue isn't as minor as they're making out. If I can't get my import fees and shipping back, I'll be £80 out of pocket. Any advice? I really don't know what to do. I'm so annoyed.

It can be done, but I wouldn't know how as I've always taken the credit or a replacement. Best bet is to just contact HMRC and inquire.

HM Revenue & Customs: Goods posted from outside the EU: tax payments, queries or refunds

I'm apparently the only one so it's a one-off.

Well it's probably worth it then. Didn't mean to be rude if it came across as such by the way. I just can't believe GG are asking $500 plus shipping and duty etc for a large figure. Still, hope you like it when it arrives, no ES is announced as far as I'm aware? I expect it will be low..

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

SS have got back to me and are investigating replacement stock, I hope they send me one out as I really want this in my collection.

Those recent alien bust had just proved one thing, without the involvement of Giger, Winston studio or ADI, Sideshow wouldn't be able to make any great alien collectible. As a alien fan, even the prototype is a simple pass to me, not to mention nowadays Sidesho's QC problem.

Well I decided to send mine back and see if the replacement they send me is any better. Hopefully it will at least have all of his tendons, broken or not, since mine is missing some of the broken pieces. One thing I noticed last night which I didn't before is that the broken tendon on the left side that I have a piece for is missing another very small piece. A piece that wraps under the jaw slightly where they would have glued it. The weird thing is theres not glue residue or mark or any sign that glue was ever there. Which leads me to believe the tendon was broken there before they glued it on.

They're refusing me a replacement because "you will be able to find small imperfections somewhere on every bust if you look close enough". The most frustrating thing is that they don't see a problem. At first they tried to pass it off as shipping damage, and now they're saying I'm just nitpicking and don't want to replace it because I'll just find something wrong with the replacement. I've contacted fedex to ask about getting my import fee's back and if that is possible, I'm just going to request a refund.

They're refusing me a replacement because "you will be able to find small imperfections somewhere on every bust if you look close enough". The most frustrating thing is that they don't see a problem. At first they tried to pass it off as shipping damage, and now they're saying I'm just nitpicking and don't want to replace it because I'll just find something wrong with the replacement. I've contacted fedex to ask about getting my import fee's back and if that is possible, I'm just going to request a refund.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like some bs.

I'm reluctantly getting a replacement for mine and just hoping that the ones they've set aside for replacements have been double checked. Anyone ever have experience receiving a botched replacement piece from SS?

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like some bs.

I'm reluctantly getting a replacement for mine and just hoping that the ones they've set aside for replacements have been double checked. Anyone ever have experience receiving a botched replacement piece from SS?

There was a story on here recently but I forget which statue it related to. Basically a forum member returned something due to several defects, and Sideshow received it and slapped a QC sticker on it and shipped it straight back out as a replacement. The recipient was actually another forum member though so they got caught out and pretended it was a mistake. That's how I remember it anyway, I'm sure someone else will have more details.

There was a story on here recently but I forget which statue it related to. Basically a forum member returned something due to several defects, and Sideshow received it and slapped a QC sticker on it and shipped it straight back out as a replacement. The recipient was actually another forum member though so they got caught out and pretended it was a mistake. That's how I remember it anyway, I'm sure someone else will have more details.
Warrior LSB. The member received the returned bust as a giveaway prize.

My big chap is at work waiting for me. Im reluctant to be excited. And to tell a customer they are nitpicking or that its a small issue is bs. The customer should be 100% satisfied with their goods. Not have to hear the company tell them why they should be thankful or appreciate it flaws aside. If you are not pleased return it. Hopefully if they see they are losing money they may begin to listen to us. Although with such pieces as the iron man ls... Man of steel... And r2d2 and c3po pvc trash.. i doubt it.

My big chap is at work waiting for me. Im reluctant to be excited. And to tell a customer they are nitpicking or that its a small issue is bs. The customer should be 100% satisfied with their goods. Not have to hear the company tell them why they should be thankful or appreciate it flaws aside. If you are not pleased return it. Hopefully if they see they are losing money they may begin to listen to us. Although with such pieces as the iron man ls... Man of steel... And r2d2 and c3po pvc trash.. i doubt it.

Don't forget the :grouphug

Back