Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been pleased with the paint jobs for the most part, though I still feel some SSLSBs need that EXTRA touch. For some reason something (s) seem a little off on the SSEXBCLSB...... one issue being the teeth which I DEFINITELY plan to retool. Are you positive in regards to the dome being permanently attatched, I recall a past product description that stated the dome would be removable so the skull could be examined.

The dome will be sealed, I guarantee it. I wish it was lose but it wont be.

Edit...

we have to seal the dome on in the end, that's the only way to get the smooth transition in the back. Otherwise there'd be a huge-ass unhidable seam...

Thank you for the updated info Python, looks like Im gonna have a project ahead of me, Ive cut through polystone before so its not going to be a problem customizing this AMAZING piece.

I look forward to seeing it. The dome will most likely be acrylic though so you shouldn't have to cut any polystone. SS will hopefully do a damn good job of it yet anyway and negate the need the cut anything...

Yeah im really excited for the piece as well. But im still thankful I can paint and work with clay JUST incase its NOT up to par. Ive been disappointed several times in the past already with a few of the SSLSBs Ive purchased and have ALWAYS enjoyed FIXING them.

I wish I could sculpt...I'm jealous. I have fixed a few small things though, and it is a rewarding feeling.

Been awhile since i have been on and posted but whats the concensus on release dates for big chap and warrior ?? 2 more flex pays on warrior and im hoping it gets released on time. Fingers crossed. Btw xenos look good stuffed what pieces have you modified ??

Probably my BEST custom was done to the original 1:1 scale Alien Warrior bust. I modified the back tubes so they were more screen accurate. I also chopped through the polystone mouth to open it up, sculpted an inner mouth and finished it off with hot glue to simulate the drool. Not my best work but it still looks pretty nice.

Woah woah woah whaaaaaaaatttt ??? A 1/1 warrior bust ?? Hot glue ??? Chopped ??? Are you serious ?? Thats a holy grail piece.... Are you joking ??

No need for panic Wierzbowski, YES it was a beautiful LSB BUT it WAS NOT perfect, there were several flaws that NEEDED to be corrected and other areas of the piece that NEEDED custom attention. Ill be happy to discuss the SSWALSB in another section....this particular forum is dedicated to the SSBCLSB, sorry.

Thank you, definitely WILL be posting pics as soon as I can take em. Im just lookin forward to gettin my hands on this BIG CHAP once its released.

I just jumped on the WL for this guy. I'm mostly a PF collector but for those of you more familiar with this territory are these LSB's considered good value for what you are getting. They seem a little small for my taste but very detailed.

They are great value for me. Big enough to have plenty of detail and presence, but not so big that they are hard to display. The Big chap is 20" long, over all he will be larger than many people are expecting him to be as they are hung up on height alone as usual. I love the LSBs. It is very late to be jumping on the Wait list however as it has a bit of a queue already I believe. The EX has long been sold out and the regular has just a few left. I think I'd be pre ordering the reg locally at this point to avoid disappointment. Best of luck though, you never know.

Back