Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet phyton????lol

Not quite lol, I'm on the edge. My heart says yes, my head says no as there's several expensive Prime 1 Aliens and Predators on the way... And this is very overpriced imo, as much as I love it.

I'm still not happy about the giant price increase from the other heads, but I honestly don't know if anyone will make a better bust than this. I halfway hoped it would have sold out by now so I wouldn't have had the temptation to order. :lol

Yeah, I don't think this will be topped for a long time, if ever.... Might have to consider selling a few things.....

The edge of its dome is just too dark.I mean it,I will not pull the trigger because of this.

Just talked with Sideshow.
The head is due to arrive at their warehouse next week on March 19th. So shipping will start from this date.

I just got my last payment notification for the 20th so it should only be a few more weeks. Man i cant wait!!!! Shipping to the east coast was 60.93 but your mileage may vary.

For those that own this piece is there variation in the black tones on the head or is is just flat black and the same all around?

It'll really start selling when more in-hand pics pop up. The price is a *****, but I don't know when another one of this quality will get made so I decided to get my preorder in.

It'll really start selling when more in-hand pics pop up. The price is a *****, but I don't know when another one of this quality will get made so I decided to get my preorder in.

You’ll eat your words when someone does one this good with shoulders 2 years later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll eat your words when someone does one this good with shoulders 2 years later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it. I like the head by itself at this size. Plus, one with shoulders will probably cost at least double this one by that time.

I'm waiting to see in-hand in America before I buy this, even at such a ridiculous price. This is the one to get.

I wonder how many will be damaged in shipping. Sideshow shows the head is just shy of 36" and the box is 39". That's 1 1/2" of foam protection, in the hand of UPS that doesn't sound good. AND the fact they say its 48lbs. For $1900 you would think they'd put it in a slightly bigger box. Time will tell I guess.

I´ve seen lots of very great Alienbuilds on the RPf over the years.Please don´t forget that this coolprops head is also not a copy of a screenused prophead.
It is only a head in "gigerstyle".It looks good...no doubt..but is it really worth this extreme high price?

this coolprops head is also not a copy of a screenused prophead.

This made me curious which product is. Old SS 1/1 bust? HCG 1/1 with shoulder? Or the original head was so damaged it couldn't bear any physical contact with it so recreating 100% screen accurate is not possible? Like Predator 2 hero mask?

Certainly the chase’s bust will be awesome! It’s prize too!!also shoulders and arms will make this bust bigger and if it is difficult to display the coolprops’s one, I can’t imagine the chase’s bust.

Coolprops bust is not only a head in gigerstyle, is the exact copy of this head certified by giger’s museum too. The Coolprops’s bust is a must have for me. Can’t wait to receive it.

Can't wait to see what can chase do with the bigchap. I am sure I will love it as well but this won’t mean that his bust will blow away mine.

Different concepts for two pieces of art and very happy to afford at least one of them.

15C476B1-3084-4746-9281-F29984B73677.jpeg
F4FF573C-E04F-472B-BFF5-30C9E17B5CE1.jpg

How can it be "Giger style" when it was cast from one made by Giger? lol Maybe "screen used style" or maybe even "Big chap style' but if this was cast from one of the originals then it was made by Giger, whether it was screen used or not. He made many slightly different ones and this is one of them, albeit repaired by Coolprops. Id rather have one cast from an original head then one by some guy on therpf no matter how good it will be and I have no doubt Chase's will be great. Different strokes for different folks. Some want what they think they see on screen, some want it to be exactly like the original, some rather have something with direct lineage to an original and some have to have the original. Like the difference between a beautifully machined lightsaber and a wonky resin cast from original. They all have their places for each persons taste. If you don't like this one then that's fine get chases or wait for another. I've waited years for one of these and its here and 90% of what I want . In the world of licensed collectibles that pretty damn good.

How can it be "Giger style" when it was cast from one made by Giger? lol Maybe "screen used style" or maybe even "Big chap style' but if this was cast from one of the originals then it was made by Giger, whether it was screen used or not. He made many slightly different ones and this is one of them, albeit repaired by Coolprops. Id rather have one cast from an original head then one by some guy on therpf no matter how good it will be and I have no doubt Chase's will be great. Different strokes for different folks. Some want what they think they see on screen, some want it to be exactly like the original, some rather have something with direct lineage to an original and some have to have the original. Like the difference between a beautifully machined lightsaber and a wonky resin cast from original. They all have their places for each persons taste. If you don't like this one then that's fine get chases or wait for another. I've waited years for one of these and its here and 90% of what I want . In the world of licensed collectibles that pretty damn good.

Well said. :rock

Back