Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm super happy, one thing that bothered me on the proto was the overspray on the teeth. Looks like they took care of that. Now lets hope all the people working on these do just as good a job. The tubing under the dome on this one seems a bit darker then the one yesterday so now my only concern is how consistent they are in paintjobs.

I'm not loving the completely clear dome, I liked the slight tint of the prototype. But the teeth look good. If this weren't so incredibly expensive, it would be one of my easiest collectible purchases ever. As it stands, I'll wait to see a few more and keep thinking about it...

https://www.instagram.com/ryo5045/
Overall seems well done. The chrome teeth really stand out from the rest

I'll embed them for the sake of ease

28155625_1486256621473658_7168486427762622464_n.jpg

28153749_167428733911954_8801407756473991168_n.jpg

28157184_946641038826045_6915884750951415808_n.jpg

28429789_343332336173386_8622374316777930752_n.jpg

28753998_2031811660420068_85844503482597376_n.jpg

28152798_252322645309919_3925117062162153472_n.jpg

Really cool looking piece. I think if there was one to have, it would have to be this one. Id argue Aliens version is more iconic to the casual fan, but theres just too many nit picks. This one is pretty much spot on with the dome being a calculated choice and not an error. So i can live with it if the liberty was taken to spotlight the skull.

Japan receives a separate 150. And if it's anything like the Dog, they will also be produced in a different factory (in Japan) which is why they are early.

Looks nice...but the clear dome is not so good.And I cannot help me..the snout looks to sterile/clean for this slimy monster.A little bit toylike flair.

While the dome's opacity in behind the scenes photos usually looks quite low, in the film and in a few photos from the set it looks like this:

99f964320bc989954d6712a7e517424d.jpg

I understand coolprops not wanting their work under the dome going unnoticed, but the clear dome, for me at least, takes something away from the menace of this eyeless creature.

Fair enough. I'd rather have them go too clear then too opaque. They sell frosting spray for those who want to make it less clear. They can't make everyone happy I guess. I'm glad its not super clear like the early pics. If it was as foggy as you just posted i'd be the one disappointed. Its easier to make it foggy then to try to clear it up. Not something someone wants to hear on a $1900 prop for sure though, I get it. All in all I think they did a great job, so far. Seeing how its got lineage to a real head and is Giger licensed, I think this is as close as anyones going to get to the big chap for awhile. Sure there may be some fan sculpts that will look great but no matter what , they are not Giger, this sculpt is.

I understand those posts about the opacity of the dome...me too, that I have bought one of this heads, had the same feelibg at the begining...however, this bust as zombiekiller said, is an exact copy of the giger’s one! If you are looking something 100% accurated to the original sculpt, that one and the maquette are the way to go! If you are looking for a pose or slime or somethng more menacing, then probablybit will be other figures out for you.

As I said before, I put this question to me a lot of tines before preordering this and the maquette, and the fact that in all the others representations of the creature with better poses, with slime or not..., I always was complaining about..yes, but it is not 100% accurated to the monster, makes me decide on buying this! No more complains about if it is Alien or not..this is 100% Alien and that’s what I was looking for. This is the creature that scared me since I was a child! (And no more! No:-ufff it looks like a horse a litle bit, the tendons are wrong, it is too thin...it is cool but there is something wrong in his face...) for this price I want perfection, and it is Perfect! (We can improve the paintjob with different tonalities of black...ok ok, sculpt is PERFECT and if we only see the Alien in 5%. of the movie...light conditions were not the best ones to appreciate this tonalities (at least not me), so for me it is perfect the way it is!

Extremely happy whis this and can’t wait to display the bust and the maquette together in my room

<sarcasm>The black mustache under the nose is a nice feature.</sarcasm>

I also noticed that the 'cracks' in the forehead are sculpted in??

Fair enough. I'd rather have them go too clear then too opaque. They sell frosting spray for those who want to make it less clear. They can't make everyone happy I guess. I'm glad its not super clear like the early pics. If it was as foggy as you just posted i'd be the one disappointed. Its easier to make it foggy then to try to clear it up. Not something someone wants to hear on a $1900 prop for sure though, I get it. All in all I think they did a great job, so far. Seeing how its got lineage to a real head and is Giger licensed, I think this is as close as anyones going to get to the big chap for awhile. Sure there may be some fan sculpts that will look great but no matter what , they are not Giger, this sculpt is.

That is true, increasing the opacity is easier than trying to clear the dome up. I wonder if the dome is easily removable.

Clutch, yes they look sculpted and painted on top, a bit poorly painted too. Ive tried looking for pics of an original with grooves and the only thing I find that's close is in this pic. The 3rd from the left when zoomed in looks like it MAY have them . Hard to tell. It seems to have the same look where the other ones look like they either don't have them or they are different like the one all the way on the right where it has a odd line across the forehead.

I don't think the dome will be easily removed. You will have to straight up cut it out and then reattach and redo the seam and then repaint. I guess that could be considered easy for some here. Not me.

545384_472603002779481_1349787191_n.jpg

A clear dome looks not like a real living creature or the screenused props.But for a piece of art,its ok.And I see this as a piece of art.Giger Art.:wink1:

knowing that the Alien appears no more than 10 minutes in the whole film, that in each of his appearances we see him 1 or two minutes wrapped in smoke, hidden in the darkness, etc., I do not know what we mean by poor painting. I do not think the bolagi costume is painted better than this bust sincerely. Also, I'm sure pictures of this bust doesn’t make justice to this piece. Yeah! I really love paint jobs from some artists like Chase (specialy him:))! But I have already seen the original suit in switzerland and if it was not completely black, we couldn’t appreciate details or different tonalities at all...(so for me it was completely black:))

On youtube there is a preview of this bust and it is all I need to know that the figure is incredible. The good thing about collecting is that not everyone love the same figures, we will pay a lot of more for every piece in that case!

Anyway, it can not be denied that it is the exact representation of Giger's Alien. I am also with the ones who say that in the movie the dome is not clear at all.this is the exact giger’s design and that’s why. Same with the maquette (it has different hands that from the movie)

I respect all the opinions from here, sorry for my english, but one friend told me yesterday that this bust looks like the 25th anniversay bust (the obe with dvds inside), and sorry but NOT...lol:) it is awesome! But doesn’t matter,i will be a proud owner of this and the maquette and more than happy to display both in my freak room:))

The only thing I meant by "poor painting" was the lines they put over the cranium cracks. They didn't have a steady hand or were in a hurry. I can live with it and its why I never even brought it up. The rest is fine to me. I am so glad I ordered this. With the 8 payment plan they had it was affordable to me at $230 a month. Now that they only have a 4 month plan at $400 a month I don't think I could swing it. Lets hope we see some more pics soon. They wait is killing me.

Back