Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised anybody is questioning the screen accuracy of this one, it's probably as close as we'll ever get given the condition of the original props. I understand that some people don't like the set up with these literally just being heads on a stand with no shoulders etc and that's fine. But this is the most accurate Big chap head we've ever seen, as cool as Chase's looks, it won't be more accurate. It'll also need painting at a fairly large cost, although you obviously get what you pay for with custom paint apps. For those who want a collectible, pre-painted Alien bust, this is the one to go for. Unless Prime 1 use their relationship with Coolprops and make a version of this exact head with added body parts down the line which is possible I guess, but not a given...

I'm surprised anybody is questioning the screen accuracy of this one, it's probably as close as we'll ever get given the condition of the original props. I understand that some people don't like the set up with these literally just being heads on a stand with no shoulders etc and that's fine. But this is the most accurate Big chap head we've ever seen, as cool as Chase's looks, it won't be more accurate. It'll also need painting at a fairly large cost, although you obviously get what you pay for with custom paint apps. For those who want a collectible, pre-painted Alien bust, this is the one to go for. Unless Prime 1 use their relationship with Coolprops and make a version of this exact head with added body parts down the line which is possible I guess, but not a given...

Yeah, people are ridiculous. It looks great.

I’m considering selling my newborn and getting this instead. Trying to sell it now. No one wants it.. [emoji23][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, people are ridiculous. It looks great.

I’m considering selling my newborn and getting this instead. Trying to sell it now. No one wants it.. [emoji23][emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a sec I read that as you were trying to sell your kid :lol

:goodpost:

No..years ago they sold casts from an original moviehead.I think it was on the RPF.I have no clue why coolprops cannot do that.They only resized the small Gigerhead to lifesize and says its from the Gigermuseum.Thats right because the small head also was.Giger signed it.But I think "Gigerstyle"is not good enough for this extreme high price.

It looks good...no doubt..but is it really worth this extreme high price?
But I think "Gigerstyle"is not good enough for this extreme high price.
So, what are you getting at?

You seem to be educated on the matter, but you keep talking about the price like you cannot understand why it is higher than the others. We have known since the start the reason the price is what it is was because the Giger estate charged a hefty licensing fee to let CP/SS replicate the head which was specific to Gigers design.

And if you are asking is it worth the money, the answer is no. The value isnt there at all. But if you notice a common theme over the last couple of months, people arent waiting for a price drop to pull the trigger. They have been waiting to see what the production pieces look like to pull the trigger.

This entire forum is based around items that are not value for money. They are guilty pleasures for nerds.

No..years ago they sold casts from an original moviehead.I think it was on the RPF.I have no clue why coolprops cannot do that.They only resized the small Gigerhead to lifesize and says its from the Gigermuseum.Thats right because the small head also was.Giger signed it.But I think "Gigerstyle"is not good enough for this extreme high price.

lol, did you not see the life size real head they show at every Con? Can you tell us where you got this information? Where did you see that it says it was a scaled up HCG or what pictures do you make this assumption from? That's a hell of an assumption and would like to see where you got it from. Ill call BS on it but hey, if you have something, put it on the table.

You're correct that Chase's is from an original mold. But he is adding too it and does not have the same access to the Giger museum that CP had. I'm sure it will be superb and I'll definitely want one. But this CP version is most definitely faithful to the real thing and isn't just a scaled up version of the old 1/2 head. And we all agree that the price is way too high, nobody here is arguing with you there...

Shipped! Estimated delivery to UK is Friday.

:banana Looking forward to seeing it!!

Shipping to the UK is $124.33. Relieved! Was dreading something more just to add icing to the cake of the price.

... Now lets see what the customs charge has in store.

Just worked out the total price for this including shipping and customs charge to UK.
£1573 taking into account I used $94 SS reward points towards it.
Straight forward purchase without reward points would cost around £1656, which is a lot cheaper than my local retailer CD UK who had it up for £2250.

Just worked out the total price for this including shipping and customs charge to UK.
Straight forward purchase without reward points would cost around £1656, which is a lot cheaper than my local retailer CD UK who had it up for £2250.

CDUK have been taking the biscuit lately with their pricing. I would be very surprised if they sold any for what they were asking for it.....

You're correct that Chase's is from an original mold. But he is adding too it and does not have the same access to the Giger museum that CP had. I'm sure it will be superb and I'll definitely want one. But this CP version is most definitely faithful to the real thing and isn't just a scaled up version of the old 1/2 head. And we all agree that the price is way too high, nobody here is arguing with you there...

Do you have a link to the Chase´s head build?I lost it.

Do you happen to know what courier sent it, and what the customs charge will be?

Do you happen to know what courier sent it, and what the customs charge will be?

Courier is DHL and my customs charge is £272.
DHL sent me a text with a link to their website to pay the charge. You just enter your waybill number and it will bring up your details and invoice.

Courier is DHL and my customs charge is £272.
DHL sent me a text with a link to their website to pay the charge. You just enter your waybill number and it will bring up your details and invoice.
Ta, perfect, thanks for the info. I paid off a DHL charge a few weeks ago on another item, and ive been worrying about what to expect on customs charge here. You've put my mind at ease, cheers

Back