ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pjam said:
Yeah Chase, get to 'em when you can BUT get them done. :D When this set is complete with a hi res digital film image display background it will provide a lifetime of coolness! :cool:

I agree Paul, I CAN'T wait to have my ALIENS display fully set-up...I already have in mind what I want to do...

a shelf/scene of Ripley and Power-Loader battling (hopefully) an HT Alien Queen...(That will rival my Jabba Throne Room display for ULTIMATE show-stopper!)

a shelf/scene of Drake and Vasquez battling off Aliens with their Smart-Guns-A-Blazin' (Still need to track me down a Vasquez at a decent price...)

a shelf/scene of Ripley, Hudson, Hicks and Apone searching LV-426 colony with motion-trackers and guns at the ready...OR...

...If I decide to remove Ripley from that scene, I'll make Ripley into the 'Egg-Chamber' scene Ripley! More BADASS!

So many choices, so many possibilities!

Of course I already have my Apone custom head painted up by Mikey...Just waiting patiently for Les to have some time to attack my Ripley, Hudson (Hicks - Stoner), Drake and (hopefully) Lonnie Hudson sculpt OR Les' Chronos redo!

Exciting times for sure...It's all going to look EXCEPTIONAL when it's said and done. :chew

I don't even want to think about all the $$$ I've dropped on Aliens, Predators, and now Terminator figures over the past year, but I'm way too crazy about 'em to think of cutting back anytime soon! I'm still committed to SSC's LOTR lines, but Hot Toys stuff is just too hot right now to think about much else. I can hardly wait for my Aliens warrior drones to arrive so my marines finally have some bugs to hunt! :D

True, true guys, just remember there won't be another line like this, once complete, you're done. Like a car repair, pay now or pay more later. :lol

Btw, we should be seeing Les' resculpted/painted Hudson very soon! Can't wait to check it out. :cool:

Last edited:
As a matter of fact Paul.....

Here's my Hudson with the Chronotoys head now!

HUDSON010.jpg

More pics in my custom thread.
BIG thanks to Ironman for the loan of this head, so others could have access to it. And a shout out to all you who helped me research this and Hudson's uniform details. Aliens fans are the best!

Now, tear my uniform apart, as I am sure there are SOME things off on it! :D
No, really! I'm sure I need to make some corrections or add something.

HUDSON002-1.jpg

:eek: HOLY F'N COW LES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless!!!!!!!!!! I am aghast!!! That is EVERYTHING I had hoped it would be. After seeing that Chronos sculpt a few weeks ago and embarking on a quest to find one you and Ironman have made it a reality!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! UN-F'N'BELIEVABLE!!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

HUDSON002-1.jpg

hudson.jpg

Hudson3.jpg

dekadentdave said:
:eek: HOLY F'N COW LES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless!!!!!!!!!! I am aghast!!! That is EVERYTHING I had hoped it would be. After seeing that Chronos sculpt a few weeks ago and embarking on a quest to find one you and Ironman have made it a reality!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! UN-F'N'BELIEVABLE!!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I couldn't agree more, Dave.

:bow to LES!

GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!

HUDSON013.jpg

Stunned! Nonplussed. Awestruck! Wow, I think I'm okay. I'm wearing diapers now. :lol How lucky are we to have Les doing this for us?

Amazing work Les! Congrats Bro! Hudson has arrived!

Man, that is freaking awsome, wish I had the skills to do stuff like that. Very nice work :cool:

ALIEN license

When Hot Toys eventually works it's way to the ALIEN license (and mind you, while I feel they will, I also feel they are only halfway done exploiting the Aliens license, so they have a while yet till they'd have the need to move on), I hope they make a giant Space Jockey!

I do feel they would make the humans from Alien, even though they don't always go after humans and likeness. I think obvious opportunities would be:

Alien (D'uh!)
Ripley (Nostromo jump-suit) and Jonesy
Ripley (spacesuit w/grappling gun, probably in underwear beneath)
Dallas and Lambert in space suits
Kane in space-suit w/face hugger attached
1:6 Space Jockey accessory

and if they were adventurous enough, any of the regular Nostromo crew. At least with the space suited crew, the lack of likeness wouldn't be as glaring if they didn't try. I think they would all sell well!

William Shatners Toupee said:
ALIEN license

When Hot Toys eventually works it's way to the ALIEN license (and mind you, while I feel they will, I also feel they are only halfway done exploiting the Aliens license, so they have a while yet till they'd have the need to move on), I hope they make a giant Space Jockey!

I do feel they would make the humans from Alien, even though they don't always go after humans and likeness. I think obvious opportunities would be:

Alien (D'uh!)
Ripley (Nostromo jump-suit) and Jonesy
Ripley (spacesuit w/grappling gun, probably in underwear beneath)
Dallas and Lambert in space suits
Kane in space-suit w/face hugger attached
1:6 Space Jockey accessory

and if they were adventurous enough, any of the regular Nostromo crew. At least with the space suited crew, the lack of likeness wouldn't be as glaring if they didn't try. I think they would all sell well!

You are on a roll with all the figures you have suggested man!
I'd get all of em!

figuremasterles said:
As a matter of fact Paul.....

Here's my Hudson with the Chronotoys head now!

HUDSON010.jpg

More pics in my custom thread.
BIG thanks to Ironman for the loan of this head, so others could have access to it. And a shout out to all you who helped me research this and Hudson's uniform details. Aliens fans are the best!

Now, tear my uniform apart, as I am sure there are SOME things off on it! :D
No, really! I'm sure I need to make some corrections or add something.

HUDSON002-1.jpg

Don't want to sound hokey or corny here but I HAVE to say it.

Les, I just want to thank you for doing this for us. :D You have provided so much joy to us and it goes far beyond repaint services. You're a generous and caring dude and I SO much appreciate you sharing your enormous talent with us.

I know I speak for more than a few of us, this kind of stuff is extra special Aliens coolness and will stay with me forever. :cool:

Okay, after seeing these shots again, I have to go change my diapers. Again. :lol

Last edited:
Especially for pjam, here's a starting shot of the Aliens Sub-Level 3 backdrop for the Coloniel Marines. There really weren't any screen frames where a majority of the environment was showing, so I'm going to take elements from various frames and build it into a Giger-styled backdrop of the Sub-Level 3 environment the Aliens created.

aliens_bg.jpg

pjam said:
Don't want to sound hokey or corny here but I HAVE to say it.

Les, I just want to thank you for doing this for us. :D You have provided so much joy to us and it goes far beyond repaint services. You're a generous and caring dude and I SO much appreciate you sharing your enormous talent with us.

I know I speak for more than a few of us, this kind of stuff is extra special Aliens coolness and will stay with me forever. :cool:

Okay, after seeing these shots again, I have to go change my diapers. Again. :lol

True dat, P. This is even more special because together we willed this headsculpt into being when Lonnie was MIA. I BIG thanks first of all to Abake whose posting of the Chonostoys Marine inspired this fantastic FML fabrication and to Ironman1188 for providing this headsculpt to the great and powerful Les so that he could conjur up his magic and manifest Bill Paxton's Hudson incarnate. While I still look forward to seeing Lonnie's take on Hudson, Figuremasterles' Ultimate Badass Hudson is a unique and definitive Hudson to have.

We went from this:

uscm06.jpg

To this:

HUDSON013.jpg

And finally a big thanks to Wor-Gar for starting the most kick-ass thread on the Freaks Board and pjam whose unprecedented knowledge and attention to detail have been inspiring to us all.

abake said:
I feel honored to be of even a little help to all of you guys!
Rock on!

You were a bigger help than you realize. You got me obsessing over that sculpt that I spent almost a week tracking down it's origins and as luck would have it, Ironman just happened to have one! Fate was on our side! All thanks to you!

dekadentdave said:
BIG thanks first of all to Abake whose posting of the Chonostoys Marine inspired this fantastic FML fabrication and to Ironman1188 for providing this headsculpt to the great and powerful Les so that he could conjur up his magic and manifest Bill Paxton's Hudson incarnate. While I still look forward to seeing Lonnie's take on Hudson, Figuremasterles' Ultimate Badass Hudson is a unique and definitive Hudson to have.
To all of the above mentioned, you guys f@#kin' ROCK!!! :rock :rock :rock

MaulFan said:
Especially for pjam, here's a starting shot of the Aliens Sub-Level 3 backdrop for the Coloniel Marines. There really weren't any screen frames where a majority of the environment was showing, so I'm going to take elements from various frames and build it into a Giger-styled backdrop of the Sub-Level 3 environment the Aliens created.

aliens_bg.jpg

Dittos to all you dudes, Aliens freaks All!

MF, WOW! as if you're not busy enough, laying this image down was so cool of you bro! Actually, this image has some backstory (see JC CE DVD). This particular shot was done with a foam/stryro appliance painted and hung over the camera. It was the first shot presented to the "suits' at Fox and they were dumbfounded, so much so it caused concern over the budget, not knowing it was f/x shot piece. They thought it was a full set! :lol

Now, this is a beautiful image of the entrance to SL3. I know it is going to be tough to find a clean interior SL3 shot but there are some to work with (cropping may be necessary). That is sortof what I'm looking for, an interior with a curved wall on one side to display behing our guys. Maybe when they first entered, maybe a grate floor wide shot when they first entered or a side wall shot we can crop. Don't get me wrong, I love this iconic image, just wondering if there is maybe something I'm missing. :D :cool:

But, that's just me. Again, kudos and many thanks to the Image King MaulFan for this. I love it, just wondering, that's all bro, just wondering.

And with that I summon the one and only Image ref king Dekdave for a mission to Sub Level 3. Anything there DD?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back