ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, news from Frontline:

RIPLEY and HUDSON custom heads are in the works. No pix yet.

Sadly, no plans for Vasquez and Drake at this time.

However, Lonnie said this may change now with the new announcement.

Partly good news, as we obviously need a Hudson head swap. We'll have to see what Lonnie does with the Ripley sculpt.

Good newws for you Mikey, looks like you shouldn't have much trouble affording Jabba! The Vasquez head is actually really decent, but even the new photo of Hudson looks like he could use a custom head!

I agree, I'm good with the Vasquez sculpt for now. Just needs a repaint. What I'd like to do is get buffer arms for her.

Hudson will need the "Apone" treatment from Mikey and FL, although the new pix posted look a lot better than that preview pic we saw originally.

The ALIEN...

IMG_0253.jpg

Too bad his tongue is upside-down.

Wasn't the Hudson sculpt before of an African American? Just saw this one on RS:

Oops... the picture never showed up, here's the link:Hudson

Last edited:
galactiboy said:
Wasn't the Hudson sculpt before of an African American? Just saw this one on RS:

image206.asp

Your pic's gone, but yeah...Hudson looked more like Frost, that was the confusion. And he had some weird moustache thing. He looks a lot better now in the RS pix. Still not Bill Paxton, but closer.

Wor-Gar said:
Your pic's gone, but yeah...Hudson looked more like Frost, that was the confusion. And he had some weird moustache thing. He looks a lot better now in the RS pix. Still not Bill Paxton, but closer.

Looks like they swapped generic heads

to Lonnie we go!

Wor-Gar, what I did to get buffer arms for Vasquez is to switch out the body for one of the Cy Girls with a somewhat latino skin tone. The Cy Girls bodies have buffer proportions. Everywhere.

Ahem.

ambac said:
Wor-Gar, what I did to get buffer arms for Vasquez is to switch out the body for one of the Cy Girls with a somewhat latino skin tone. The Cy Girls bodies have buffer proportions. Everywhere.

Ahem.

Can you post a picture? Please.

I'd like to swap her body out before I actually get around to putting her together. But I have to say, I really like the HT Vasquez body. Other than the arms, the proportions are great, very real. Too bad only the arms show.

On this note, I like that they have "jointless" arms for DRAKE (rubber arms, whatever) but I am concerned that, like the Rambo figure, they will be prone to snapping the metal inside fairly easily. Also, rubber (any kind) degrades in time.

Wor-Gar,

You'll have to give me a tutorial on how to post images on this board. I'm a newbie.

ambac said:
Wor-Gar,

You'll have to give me a tutorial on how to post images on this board. I'm a newbie.

Hey welcome aboard!

Just open an account at Photobucket and use their link to "browse" to your pictures, download it, then copy the first link...post a reply here, click on that little yellw square above (in the tool bar here) and paste your pic url there and hit enter. Your pix are auto resized for you by photobucket.

Thanks WG for the update on Hudson and Frontline! I'm super excited to see what happens there! His work is outstanding and it will be just the fix we need. But at least HT seems to have made a switch to a sculpt that is a little bit better... I LOVE the armor thought, perfect!! :D

4 new figures announced and this thread is getting no love?

Well.... BUMP-O!

OK, who is getting the 16" ALIEN and what do you think about him?

I want him, but I have not ordered him yet as my gut says... wait, wait...

So maybe someone can convice me that the AvP Alien is the way to go.

I decided against the AVP Alien. I couldn't convince myself that I'd want it. It's just not the Alien I want even though it looks cool. I did order Ripley. She'll be my first Aliens figure.

Sorry for the delay in reply Wor-Gar, but SDCC beckoned! If I can't figure out the image posting I can always email you the image. As for the AVP Alien figure, I'd say buy it. It's not enough of an abomination for me not to purchase it as we may have to wait a while for a better version.

Once my finances calm down a bit I'll pick up the Ripley and Hicks from the set. The other marines are cool, but pretty hit and miss w/likenesses. I too will hold out for Classic Aliens and Predator figures... which I feel pretty confident Hot Toys is just holding out on us!

Thus far I'm picking up all the preds and the 16" alien. Looks simply amazing, but I'm a freak for anything alien, so enough said. Hot Toys is doing a great job thus far with a great license.....................

Wor-Gar said:
I agree, I'm good with the Vasquez sculpt for now. Just needs a repaint. What I'd like to do is get buffer arms for her.

Hudson will need the "Apone" treatment from Mikey and FL, although the new pix posted look a lot better than that preview pic we saw originally.

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking Wor-Gar...as far as Vasquez with buffer arms...She'll look GREAT with Drake that way...

I now have Ripley, Drake and Hudson on pre-order...We might just have to team up with pjam again on a Mikey repaint of a custom Hudson head! Man, I still can't believe that we'll soon have at least 5 Marines on our shelves with Ripley! Absolutely BADASS!!!

:D

Oh, I'm definitely getting the alien, Ripley, Hudson and Drake. I already have Hicks, Apone, Celtic and Scar, and they are possibly the coolest figures I own right now.
I'm quite sure we'll see an Aliens alien down the road, but I like all aliens, so I'm getting each and everyone that HT puts out!

Indiana Fett said:
That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking Wor-Gar...as far as Vasquez with buffer arms...She'll look GREAT with Drake that way...

I now have Ripley, Drake and Hudson on pre-order...We might just have to team up with pjam again on a Mikey repaint of a custom Hudson head! Man, I still can't believe that we'll soon have at least 5 Marines on our shelves with Ripley! Absolutely BADASS!!!

:D

Yep. I emailed Lonnie regarding when those new heads will be ready but he's remaining very hush-hush. He said he'd let me know as soon as they're ready. I guess we have time as Ripley, Hudson and Drake may be awhile before they start to ship.

In the meantime, I'm on hold with putting my marines together as I may include the Vasquez and Hicks head for the repaint package. I just don't know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back