ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must... have... Alien... figures!!!

Can't wait for Hicks, Apone, and Vasquez to ship. One of my all-time favorite figures is a 12" Alien figure made by Kenner, came out sometime in 1997. I've had this figure at various times on my desk at work, by my computer at home, in my living room, and in my gameroom. It's quite possibly the most "active" action figure I own! Right now it resides once again by my computer.

Can't wait for either SS or HT to unveil an Alien figure. I would dearly (and I mean DEARLY) love to get Cinemaquette's 1/3 scale Alien figure, but WHOOOSH, it's a lot of money. I'm not saying it's not worth it (does anyone here have this? It was due out end of 2005), but I can get several other figures for the same amount of money, and if SS and/or HT come out with something, whether 1/6 or 1/4 scale, I'll be able to get that AND some other stuff.

Just saw this in the Superman link below. Here's the picture. Look behind Superman and Batman...see the Hot Toys ALIENS with Hicks...and there's that RIPLEY that I posted!!!

hot20toys20superman.jpg

So its real!? Hard to tell if that table is far enough back to be 1/6th scale...but that marines looks like HT Hicks.

EDIT: Apparently they are Aliens Trading figures. But this must mean a 1/6th scale soon.

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
Just saw this in the Superman link below. Here's the picture. Look behind Superman and Batman...see the Hot Toys ALIENS with Hicks...and there's that RIPLEY that I posted!!!

So its real!? Hard to tell if that table is far enough back to be 1/6th scale...but that marines looks like HT Hicks.

EDIT: Apparently they are Aliens Trading figures. But this must mean a 1/6th scale soon.

EXACTLY what I thought as soon as I saw this photo Wor-Gar. I believe the figures in the back of the ALIENS and MARINES are part of an upcoming Hot Toys 4" OR 5" SNAP KIT series of figures similar to their snap kit AVP figures. Interesting that the Ripley visible in the back is VERY similar to the image you posted of the 1/6 prototype (or is that custom?) Leads me to believe it's a DEFINITE 1/6 prototype Ripley now! I saw a ROBOCOP shot taken from the same photo-set on another board...Aside from the fact that Robo looks AWESOME...It also looks like DRAKE is back there with a Smart-Gun and eye-sight scope (missing his cap though I think!) Could a 1/6 Drake be not far behind? Hopefully with a Pvt. Hudson and Ripley as SERIES 2!!!

:D

I only just noticed this. You know how on the HT stands theres the name plate, well it looks like on the Ripley pic that its infact been ripped off. Im thinking it was originally from one of the other Marines:monkey2
That makes we wonder if it IS real. I can only hope.

On a side not, the HT Supes and Batman look fantastic! FAR superior to Medicoms! Theyre proportioned far better and are far more impressive. Like the nameplates with these ones alot too:D

Here'a another angle on those 4" "snap kits"...

alienssnap.jpg

It definitely looks like a miniature version of the 1/6th fig I posted. So... maybe there is a 12" Ripley and HT is just her holding back while trying to cash in on the Superman hype right now (before the movie comes out and is bad).

Perhaps we'll hear more about Aliens Ripley this summer during the SDCC. Drake and Hudson too. Talk about a 20-year-old dream come true...and I don't mean Jessica Alba.

Wor-Gar said:
Here'a another angle on those 4" "snap kits"...

alienssnap.jpg

It definitely looks like a miniature version of the 1/6th fig I posted. So... maybe there is a 12" Ripley and HT is just her holding back while trying to cash in on the Superman hype right now (before the movie comes out and is bad).

Perhaps we'll hear more about Aliens Ripley this summer during the SDCC. Drake and Hudson too. Talk about a 20-year-old dream come true...and I don't mean Jessica Alba.

Look for an SDCC announcement. If they're using her likeness for snap kits, that means they have it sewed up!

Batman Begins and Supes look amazing, glad I held back!

I'm glad Hot Toys is expanding their 4" Alien snap-kit line. I've got their Queen and their AvP stuff and they are quite nice -- if a little demanding.

gdb said:
I'm glad Hot Toys is expanding their 4" Alien snap-kit line. I've got their Queen and their AvP stuff and they are quite nice -- if a little demanding.

Nice!
Could you post some pics of those?
Thanks!

I would love to see a Hudson figure! He was my favorite character outside of Hicks, kinda like a Jackass.... very close to how I was in the military. :lol

Didn't like the Hicks likeness so I did not get him, but the Ripley looked awesome. I know I would put down the money for her or Hudson.... for sure.

"Game over man..... game over..."

Wor-gar, the review from MWC was helpful in helping me decide whether or not to get these figures.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_012006b.htm

I don't think the likenesses are spot on, especially with helmets off, but the gear they come with was the deciding factor. I ordered through Sideshow, so while not in hand, I hope the review helps.

Apone has a goatee beard, though, which kinda bugs me, as I don't recall that he had one in the film.

Any chance that there are alien/predator smilies?

Thanks Seaward.

Yeah I saw that review way back. Been wanting the Aleins Marines for some time -- just a question of money and SW preorders. Now that there's a break...

I'll probably cave and get APONE. I'll have to swap out his head for one of Lonnie's sculpts. But you're right, the equipment is awesome. Just wonder if I really need Apone as the only different item he comes with is the flame-thrower...and Ripley will come with that when she's made.

Rip-LeeeY!!!

Definitely will come with a flamethrower, wish someone would make a sixth scale Power Loader and a 16-18" Queen Alien!

Btw, when are these Hi-End Toy Companies going to start making environments? I see Arnie Kim is breaking new ground by including some with his Bruce Lee figs, I am very surprised SSC hasn't cracked that area yet!

Ripley is a go!?! If so, commence with pants-a-crapping, because that is awesome news!

I would kill to get my hands on this Ripley toy. Somebody please ask me to kill for them!:lol

Seaward said:
Ripley is a go!?! If so, commence with pants-a-crapping, because that is awesome news!

I would kill to get my hands on this Ripley toy. Somebody please ask me to kill for them!:lol

There is NO confirmation that a Ripley figure is being made, only rampant speculation driven by the pics Wor-Gar posted of a possible 12" Hot Toys Prototype and displayed Ripley snap-kit, which bodes well for us optimists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back