ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dekadentdave said:
Yeah, proof that you need to buy it BEFORE they sell out or pay the price later!

I dont think any will ever fetch as much as Hicks.

I wonder if Ripley will be worth much in a year from now?

WE ARE COMING UP ON 90,000 VIEWS!!!!!!! WHERE'S THE DEDIKATED ALIENS/PREDATOR/TERMINATOR FORUM DAVE?????????

Yes, between Aliens, Pred, & Terminator threads there are over 110,000 views. Most of which are here, but still, those 3 need their own forum.

Cocoboloboy said:
Amen to that. i.e.Takara Batman, HT Rambo II, Hicks.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but is HT Rambo 2 really as much a holy grail as Hicks in the collecting world?

MaulFan said:
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but is HT Rambo 2 really as much a holy grail as Hicks in the collecting world?

I've seen him sell as high as $285 without shipping.

So I would say yeah, hes definitely up there with Hicks.

Wow, I remember seeing it a little over $100 on eBay when it first released, but shortly after Sideshow had it for like $70 and I was glad for my patience, now I"m really glad I've been getting them when I can. When Sideshow offered Hicks, there was no sign of an ALIENS Alien Warrior so I didn't really think I'd necessarily want to just have Hicks around, boy what a dumb move there. I also wish I'd have known about these figure makers and all back when Batman begins came out, I'd have loved to get the Takara, perhaps with the next film, the suit will be the same or close and I can snag a figure from that one at cost. I can't wait til my ALIENS snap kits arrive, they look really nice and I think they'll be a great addition to the collection.

MaulFan said:
Wow, I remember seeing it a little over $100 on eBay when it first released, but shortly after Sideshow had it for like $70 and I was glad for my patience, now I"m really glad I've been getting them when I can. When Sideshow offered Hicks, there was no sign of an ALIENS Alien Warrior so I didn't really think I'd necessarily want to just have Hicks around, boy what a dumb move there. I also wish I'd have known about these figure makers and all back when Batman begins came out, I'd have loved to get the Takara, perhaps with the next film, the suit will be the same or close and I can snag a figure from that one at cost. I can't wait til my ALIENS snap kits arrive, they look really nice and I think they'll be a great addition to the collection.

My thoughts on why i NEVER bought hicks....dammit!!! i hope my friend going to japan can help me procure one....please..pretty please!!i need a hicks...
daymn hot toys for never telling us they're gonna make an aliens warrior

clarenced said:
My thoughts on why i NEVER bought hicks....dammit!!! i hope my friend going to japan can help me procure one....please..pretty please!!i need a hicks...
daymn hot toys for never telling us they're gonna make an aliens warrior

I hope your friend is able to find one for you, but they're getting hard to find here too. I just got the last Hicks at one of the larger retail outlets in Osaka that had lots of 'em several months ago. He's been sold out everywhere else since last year. There are secondary market chances here, but he probably won't be cheap. I know a place that still has about 8-9 Apones in stock as I write this. He was the first one to sell out a year ago but they somehow got more in stock and it looks like nobody's interested anymore. :confused: Very strange. I'm waiting for them to start parting some out so I can grab some extra armour and stuff.

One word of advice on the snap kits. Be very careful when putting them together. I got 2 aliens and broke each trying to put them together. Different places on each. The joints are tight and can easily twist off when trying to pose them or just snap off trying to pop them together.

I imagine the Apone scenario is similar to the WaitList conversion for Vasquez we've heard of in here, in that both are nice figures and cool characters, but to a mass market, you have to wonder would a casual ALIENS collector want them versus the more die hards like us, plus with Vasquez, some collectors may lean more towards owning the male figures, putting Hudson and Hicks at the forefront of key marines throughout the whole film, and maybe an edge to Drake for having his badass gun. I think they're all impressive, and if my financial place accommodated buying lots of stuff I would have the whole marine corp, but there are just WAY too many cool collectibles, for licenses I love, coming out these days and I have to be more selective, hopefully things will work out down the road so I won't have to cancel the power loader, that's deffinately going to be an ALIENS centerpiece collectible.

DBoz said:
One word of advice on the snap kits. Be very careful when putting them together. I got 2 aliens and broke each trying to put them together. Different places on each. The joints are tight and can easily twist off when trying to pose them or just snap off trying to pop them together.

Thanks for the heads up!

DBoz said:

This will be no good now, but did you try heating them up?

A couple of pics of two amazing "collectibles" from a fellow alien fan over at the hive:

giger_002.jpg

giger_003.jpg

And just how many of you knew the alien's talons (sp?) were decorated with ox jaws?

giger_010.jpg

Needless to say, this guy is my hero!

Wow! I hope that when Hot Toys makes theirs it will be as detailed as those. Very impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back