Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We picked up our Cap print a few days ago and had it framed. I did not feel very excited about the look of the print when it released. But in person, wow. Beautiful. We even had a guy at the frame shop says WHOA and then follow us to the framing department to ask where we got it.

I did get some info though from Mondo at their gallery. Hulk and Thor should be this week. The following week should be the group Avengers shot. And Iron Man is going to be last, with no specific date/week in mind. For some reason it is taking extremely long.

Thanks for the update BG. :cool:

I should also add that when I was there J.B. mentioned to us that the Cap print was done by a Canadian artist, and hoped we were not offended by that. Then they proceeded (especially J.B.) to say he cannot stand Canadians. So, I have lost a lot of respect for a couple of the people in there. I don't care who you like, and who you do not. But you do not offend people like that. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think it's offensive to have a Canadian do the poster for Captain America. Black Widow came from the UK, Hulk from Australia and Thor from Uruguay. The Avengers poster series was an international affair.

What I think is offensive is selling a poster in April and not shipping it until June, lol.

I agree. Have they at least been in contact with you to appologies for the inconvienience? That would and should be good business practice. :dunno

Haven't heard anything. But they are really busy with gallery events and screenings, etc. It's a great time to be a Mondo fan if you live in or near Austin. Unfortunately, I don't. There is getting to be less and less to get excited about for the online crowd. Gallery events, the Film Foundation screenings, the Summer of '82 screenings, other random screenings like Iron Giant and Toy Story, the next Mystery Movie that just got announced. I wish I lived closer to Austin, so I could be more excited about practically everything Mondo has been doing lately. If they are pushing the Avengers prints back to make room in the production pipeline for all the local events, then that makes it even worse.

I should also add that when I was there J.B. mentioned to us that the Cap print was done by a Canadian artist, and hoped we were not offended by that. Then they proceeded (especially J.B.) to say he cannot stand Canadians. So, I have lost a lot of respect for a couple of the people in there. I don't care who you like, and who you do not. But you do not offend people like that. Absolutely ridiculous.

You sure they weren't just kidding? Canadians get a lot of crap for some reason, but I don't think the majority of people are really serious.

People "try" to make fun of Canadians/me for being Canadian all the time. It never works. Canadians have a very dry dark sense of humor.. most of the time I just feel embarrassed for the person because they aren't funny.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL01SReeOqE[/ame]

This fad will be over soon and they will have to find themselves real jobs. Mondo will crash harder than Beanie Babies. I've been saying it for months.

You sure they weren't just kidding? Canadians get a lot of crap for some reason, but I don't think the majority of people are really serious.

Actually, they were being serious. I can also tell when people are joking. And I got into it with them on why. And they just kept saying "I just can't stand them."

That's really weird.

For the most part people just like to make fun of Canadians because they're funny, I don't know why someone would hate Canadians.

I know. You can hate some Canadians that you've crossed paths with and they've been jerks. Just the same as Asians, American's, etc, etc. But as a whole, I think that is lost on me. I wasn't the only one who witnessed their display of hate towards them, btw.

Anyways...what is happening with Mondo today?

Also, Hawkeye looks great! What a nice print. The colors are beautiful. I can't post a photo though since it's in a tube. I wont be framing it for a very long time.

Last edited:
Back