Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People will catch on fast.

And it looks like the prices are going to be increased. This would have probably cost $85 max if Mondo had sold it themselves. And some of us need to add almost ten bucks worth of sales tax. Ouch!

Ah, well. Gone!

The price increase does suck, but it does look like the edition numbers, if this is an indication, will be pretty low though. I missed out on the Steamboat Willie and Wise Little Hen pieces, so I don't mind paying a slightyly increases price if I can get them from Sideshow.

Last edited:
The price increase does suck, but it does look like the edition numbers, if this is an indication, will be pretty low though. I missed out on the Steamboat Willie and Wise Little Hen pieces, so I don't mind paying a slightyly increases price if I can get them from Sideshow.

I am interested to see what the Willy and Roger Rabbit variants look like.

People will catch on fast.

And it looks like the prices are going to be increased. This would have probably cost $85 max if Mondo had sold it themselves. And some of us need to add almost ten bucks worth of sales tax. Ouch!

Ah, well. Gone!

Actually I think $100.00 is about what they would have charged. Look at their other cut vs. uncut edition prices prior to this one. All are more than double the price of the cut versions.

I am interested to see what the Willy and Roger Rabbit variants look like.

I won't expect anything more tahn color variations, and if Tron is any indication, pretty sublte changes as well. But man, why did it take 6 months to get these out?

But yeah, I already have these two Tron posters from when Mondo put them up, but I'm more than happy to buy this one as well. I'm a Tron fan, and worthwhile Tron collectibles are practically nonexistant other than these posters and whatever Sideshow offers in the future.

I won't expect anything more tahn color variations, and if Tron is any indication, pretty sublte changes as well. But man, why did it take 6 months to get these out?

But yeah, I already have these two Tron posters from when Mondo put them up, but I'm more than happy to buy this one as well. I'm a Tron fan, and worthwhile Tron collectibles are practically nonexistant other than these posters and whatever Sideshow offers in the future.

I am hoping the Roger Rabbit variant has metallic inks. I think that poster would really benefit from that.

I guess I was just thinking of it as a single 24x32 print.

I would usually expect an uncut version to be the same as the original--just uncut. Knowing that this was going to be a single piece, they got rid of the yellow layer and treated it as a single blue/orange print.

I would usually expect an uncut version to be the same as the original--just uncut. Knowing that this was going to be a single piece, they got rid of the yellow layer and treated it as a single blue/orange print.
Yeah, but they always charge a lot for the uncut versions. Look at Stout's Warriors print. You got both cut prints for $35.00 total, but the uncut was $80.00. Amelie and Rocky Horror are a couple others that have had similar pricing.

I see what you're saying. How can they technically call it "uncut" when they standardized the colors as if it was one complete print.

I guess I'll wait and see what they charge for Steamboat Willie.

Did any of the previous uncut versions omit any of the colors?

I don't believe so. I am pretty sure the previous ones were all just the same with the artwork consolidated as one print instead of two. I don't think they have ever sold cut versions separately like this either. You couldn't buy each half of Stout's Warriors print, you just got both. Of course all the previous ones were for one single film.

I got in on the Tron prints .. But now I have this "waiting list" email .. Ive never ordered from SS before .. can one of the Vets fill me in on the process?

If you're on the waitlist (i.e. your order number begins with a "W") you're not guaranteed one. You'll need to hope for some cancellations/cc declines to convert to an active order (which begins with a "T").

That's how Sideshow handles orders. The people who order inside the edition get active numbers and then everyone else is waitlisted and converted/fulfilled in order as cancellations and credit card declines hit. Sideshow does indeed close down waitlists if they get huge and they know they've way exceeded the number of waitlist orders they could ever expect to fulfill. For normal Sideshow products early waitlist orders almost always convert... but for these... good luck!

Hope this helps.

Man... the EB boards being down stinks!

NOO!!! I was being a noob about it and had to create my SS account over my phone when the Mondo tweet went out .. I bet if I had had my account info already Id have gotten in on it .. Thats my luck :( Oh well heres to hoping I make it in !! :)

Back