AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

Hopefully pieces like these will convince some people that SS can still make a mean collectible!

After looking and comparing this to the Lara comiquette, I actually prefer the face sculpt of the comiquette then this one.

I actually prefer the faces of both the comiquette and the original PF to this one.

But I must say this looks nearly identical to the Proto and that's why this piece is so good. Wish I cared more for the face though...

This is still the ultimate rendition of the character in statue form for me. Of the available options, this one was the first to say "BUY ME!" to me. I really love the character, and have at least tried most of the games.

The snow day face sculpt is, however, superior. I've only seen pics of that one.

Why can't Sideshow get the glossy look of the lips and eyes consistent across their statues? I had to apply some mod podge to mine to alleviate the dry matte look to them. I've had to do that to a few other items as well. Some statues don't need that touch up, though.

Square Enix owns Tomb Raider now? Bet we'll get a reboot Lara figure from Play Arts then.

Square Enix bought Eidos (hence Crystal Dynamics) so yes they own Tomb Raider, Legacy of Kain, Thief, Deus Ex.....

This is still the ultimate rendition of the character in statue form for me. Of the available options, this one was the first to say "BUY ME!" to me. I really love the character, and have at least tried most of the games.

This is the one reason that's making me consider getting it though I don't collect PFs.
That and since she's crouching the statue's not 24" high so that helps too.

Hi fellow collectors, need your advise. I just got my Lara Croft today. When I opened it for inspection, I saw this "white" unpainted line on the back of her right thigh. Is this normal? Should I get it replaced? Thanks

DSC01085.jpg

After looking and comparing this to the Lara comiquette, I actually prefer the face sculpt of the comiquette then this one.

I think that both faces are great, but I personally prefer the new PF's face a little over all others. I love the look she has on her face, and it works perfectly with the action pose. The comiquette's face is very pretty though too. I have never seen the old PF in person, so I really can only comment that it looks nice, very screen accurate for the PS2 era of gaming, but I still prefer the new PF 100 times over the other two statues.

I think that both faces are great, but I personally prefer the new PF's face a little over all others. I love the look she has on her face, and it works perfectly with the action pose. The comiquette's face is very pretty though too. I have never seen the old PF in person, so I really can only comment that it looks nice, very screen accurate for the PS2 era of gaming, but I still prefer the new PF 100 times over the other two statues.

I couldn't agree more on all points. Well said NorthernLad.

I really like both faces. The Snow Day face looks a little softer, but she's also in a moment of rest and thought. The PF looks a little more stern, but then again it looks like she's shooting, and probably getting shot at, by the bad guys so it makes more sense.

They both look really great though - some of the best female faces SSC has done.

I really like both faces. The Snow Day face looks a little softer, but she's also in a moment of rest and thought. The PF looks a little more stern, but then again it looks like she's shooting, and probably getting shot at, by the bad guys so it makes more sense.

They both look really great though - some of the best female faces SSC has done.

They're both sculpted by Tim Miller. His work is loved by many.

I ordered her today after much pondering, and being a huuuuuge Lara Croft fan i couldn't pass this one up, i've already passed on the first two ss statues cause of lack of money, so it was perfect timing that it had been delayed so much i guess. I hope she gets here fast, i cannot wait to get my first pf! <3

I ordered her today after much pondering, and being a huuuuuge Lara Croft fan i couldn't pass this one up, i've already passed on the first two ss statues cause of lack of money, so it was perfect timing that it had been delayed so much i guess. I hope she gets here fast, i cannot wait to get my first pf! <3

Congrats you are going to love this and welcome to the addicting and dangerously expensive world of PF's.

Looks great next to my 1:2 scale bust, I hope sideshow will do an LSB or Life Size bust in the future!

photo2saved.jpg

She is definatly lOoking great but isnt her legs n hands looking musculer bit oDD :cuckoo:

Dude ! She raids tombs for a living @ Shes going to be fit !

Back