After-market cup holder (back seat)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maglor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get one of these?

c5549dca561b5faf32d52afb53d40515.jpg

I just got a compact sedan, and the only way to get cup holders in the back was to get the top trim level. So I passed in hopes that I could get something like what is in the above picture. I can't find one though, and no search has worked.

Any suggestions?

What's the name of the car?

From my 2 minutes of searching it seems it would help to have the make and model of your car.

EDIT:

Here's where that image came from:

https://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5545

It seems that those are actually being held on with velcro. I wouldn't trust that in my car.

It's a 2013 Subaru Impreza.

Yeah, Velcro is no good for that design. I was hoping for something that would clamp or ratchet down in place.

The old fashion 'set on the hump' kind would probably work to if I could find one the right size that didn't look too trashy.

try all the different auto parts stores?

Good idea. There are like 6 of them in my town.

my first though is "The cup holders in my backseat have been used maybe twice in 12 years" :lol ...... :monkey1.....

Prolly why it's only available in the one trim level. But I often have passengers. And we often get coffee.

so where are your passengers putting their coffee now?

In my last car (Civic) they just had to hold it. At least the Impreza has "bottle holders" in the doors. They don't "recommend" that you put coffee in these, but I think it will be okay.

Nothing beats American ingenuity. If you can not find any...make some.

I do actually have an idea.

When I went to the parts store there were a couple different cup holders that were actually designed to be bolted down. I would never stick a bolt into the floor of a new car, however... I have ordered Weather Tech floor liners, and the back liner goes up over the hump. I could easily stick a bolt through the floor liner so that a cup holder could be fixed to the hump.

Just a thought. I will most likely just make people use the bottle holders in the door.

When I went to the parts store there were a couple different cup holders that were actually designed to be bolted down. I would never stick a bolt into the floor of a new car, however... I have ordered Weather Tech floor liners, and the back liner goes up over the hump. I could easily stick a bolt through the floor liner so that a cup holder could be fixed to the hump.

Just a thought. I will most likely just make people use the bottle holders in the door.

Weathertech floor liners are great and a perfect fit. They are located near me.

This thread was so obscure I had to look, but now that I have it's a thread about cup holders :( ....... Buy a real car or get less friends those are the only options I see :dunno

That sounds like a good idea. And I might just steal it.

Back