• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boonie Hat for my custom Captain Price 1/6 figure from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freeze001

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello,

I am working on my custom Captain Price figure. I need to get his iconic boonie hat for him. I ordered the one in the attached picture, but unfortunately, I was told by the seller it is not available anymore. Would anyone have a tip where to get something like that? I searched all over aliexpress and ebay, but I haven't been able to find anything that interests me.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Sdac9e23ae7a94bdf9c33a3c0349f7a41r.jpg
    Sdac9e23ae7a94bdf9c33a3c0349f7a41r.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 119
Ehm... I just found exactly the same hat on Ebay. :oops: Sometimes I just don't understand how this universe works.

Hello,

I am working on my custom Captain Price figure. I need to get his iconic boonie hat for him. I ordered the one in the attached picture, but unfortunately, I was told by the seller it is not available anymore. Would anyone have a tip where to get something like that? I searched all over aliexpress and ebay, but I haven't been able to find anything that interests me.

Many thanks!

https://echobasetoys.myshopify.com/...nie-dpm-arl1-b301?_pos=1&_sid=f8832519b&_ss=r

https://echobasetoys.myshopify.com/...s=19&_sid=f8832519b&_ss=r&variant=25840416899

https://echobasetoys.myshopify.com/search?page=1&q=boonie

^

The above link is to Echo Base Toys. They are or were the main US distributor for a brand called Toy Soldier. That's helpful to you, because if anyone has Vietnam era "tiger stripe", it would be them. Emailing or trying to use the website is mostly miss than hit. Call them directly. If you see something you like, order it over the phone. The owners are ( or were) Nan and Tung. Usually Nan answered the phone, but I don't know anymore since it's been probably 15 years since I've bought anything from them. They are reliable honest dealers, or that was their reputation as long as I've known about them.

The first link is British DPM.

The second link is Toy Soldier Vietnam Tiger Stripe.

The third link is an aggregated listing of all their boonies through Shopify

It's unclear what Price is actually wearing, it's just a short boonie. If you want DPM, a brand called Armoury made some carded sets a long time ago, and you might be able to find some loose somewhere in trade or through Ebay in loose parts.

If you are not registered with OSW ( One Sixth Warriors Forum) I would recommend doing so. They lean modern military oriented. If there are traders with older tigerstripe and DPM, odds are better to try to find it there loose than here to be honest.

There's a method called "tea dye-ing" to darken items. You might find that to some helpful effect if you get a boonie that is too light. Or slightly light.

Something to keep in mind is that all brand boonies are finicky. What might fit and look good on one figure will look bizarre on another. It's just how it works. It's hard to just tell by the photos. To get that shape you want, you might need some thin wire to lace inside the boonie to give it some bend and hold.

Good luck. If you finish off a kitbash, then post a photo here the forums military section. And also at OSW. Be nice to see what you came up.

the_ultimates_soldier_british_sas_scud_hunter-2.jpg

The absolute cheapest rock bottom boonie you could find that "might" fit your Price figure is the 21st Century Toys / Ultimate Soldier British SAS SCUD Hunter. TUS made both a boxed set and a carded set, so there's no shortage of potential stock out there.

If you do an Ebay search for old loose Ultimate Soldier 1/6th, odds are some of the Scud Hunter sets will be mixed into some loose lots, etc ,etc. The material is thicker as it's essentially 2nd generation type 1/6th, but trim it and dye it, and it might be functional. TUS boonies ran a little large from my first hand experience.

Again, good luck.

Wow, thank you so much for such a great answer! I will show the result when finished.

Back