Ada Chan Nathan Fillion Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the urge about once a week to start pestering him about the Mal head. But I'm cool...I'm cool....I'm totally patient....:bounce:redblob:thwak:dance:bouncin :wacky:google:ccheerlea:ted:banghead

Ya I think I keep holding out waiting for Trev to make an annoucement that he is working on a Mal head... Its the only thing keeping from buying other so far..

Trevor is the man

I have been keeping quiet because I know how long it can take me to get things rolling. :) I did "finish" a Mal portrait for myself, but I just wasn't happy enough in the end, so I'm revising it ever so slightly to pump it up. I LOVE the character and I just can't bring myself to let it be anything other than my best attempt.

Fillion is a tough man to capture, that's for sure! I guess the more I do this kind of work, everybody seems tough. heh! He definitely has a ton of characteristics that set him apart from other faces, so he shouldn't be as difficult to capture as he is. *shrug* you just never know.

Trev

I have been keeping quiet because I know how long it can take me to get things rolling. :) I did "finish" a Mal portrait for myself, but I just wasn't happy enough in the end, so I'm revising it ever so slightly to pump it up. I LOVE the character and I just can't bring myself to let it be anything other than my best attempt.

Fillion is a tough man to capture, that's for sure! I guess the more I do this kind of work, everybody seems tough. heh! He definitely has a ton of characteristics that set him apart from other faces, so he shouldn't be as difficult to capture as he is. *shrug* you just never know.

Trev

WOOHOO Trev wow cant wait to see what you got in store, this thread is slowly turning to the Trev Mal hs thread :)

Trev

I don't know you, but I do happen to love you very much at this moment. No restraining order needed. Unless of course you store a pretty mal sculpt in your house...and don't share! :)

Get in line, BuffyGirl, get in line, make room for lots of lovin' for Trevolver!! (In a non-scary way, of course!) :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I have long hoped for a Mal sculpt that would grab me. I've seen some fine attempts, and some "almost there's", but please let us see what you come up with when you're ready to reveal it... and to take pre-orders from us Freaks board members!! :lol :joy :peace

I decided to order the Ada Chan sculpt. Trev's is a given, but I need something to tide me over.
I'll post pics when I get it painted up...

Trev! Trev! Trev!

I will gladly wait for Trev's sculpts of the Serenity crew. Well, not gladly. But I'll wait!

b

so how did he come out so I see if I want one too.:naughty

A few quick WIP shots, see below for my inital 2 cents -

trevbait.jpg

mal1.jpg

mal2.jpg

mal3-1.jpg

mal4.jpg

This is my first Ada Chan head. I have to say it is a mixed bag, probably due to limited reference material. I say that because from some angles it looks great, from others he looks more like Kurt Russell than Nate. I'm not a fan of the "fine arts" style sculpted pupils and I plan on filling them in. There's a lot of assymetry, the head is placed oddly on the neck, and it's very angular...almost a political cartoon caricature quality.
All in all I'm on the fence about it. It definitely requires a lot of TLC and I'll see how I feel when I can devote more time to it.
Right now, this is basically a place holder while I wait for Trev.:D

Back