ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

Where are people considering preordering from? I see BBTS will have 'em, which is always my default go to if there's no sideshow option.

I'm personally thinking I might wait a tiny bit longer to see what Asmus has up their sleeve - but so far, their offerings haven't impressed me as much as I wish. The preview pics of the Aragorn head have been good - the last batch, anyway - but I can't get over how bad those boots look!

Yikes... that's too much. If the figure was spot-on all around I'd be inclined to buy now... but the head is still quite a ways off from looking right and the bulk of the body is a problem for me.

Guess I'll see if Asmus is able to get a better looking prototype, or I'll just rework the Sideshow figure and call it a day :huh

Price is a bit high at about $40 more than what I was expecting. I'll wait to see what Asmus comes up with, but unless they absolutely blow this away I'll pick it up. I still think it looks phenomenal.

I wasn't going to, but that last round of pictures forced my hand. Hopefully Asmus looks good too. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with both!

Decided to order the exclusive Hairagorn. I'm sure it will look better than the Asmus economy model.

I am leaning towards the ACI version, but my opinion could easily change. Thankfully there is time to figure all that out! I hope asmus does a reveal soon.

I am leaning towards the ACI version, but my opinion could easily change. Thankfully there is time to figure all that out! I hope asmus does a reveal soon.

I need Hairagorn so I can get rid of that cartoonish Sideshow one once and for all. That Play-Doh hair sculpt drives me nuts.

Price is a bit high at about $40 more than what I was expecting. I'll wait to see what Asmus comes up with, but unless they absolutely blow this away I'll pick it up. I still think it looks phenomenal.

I pre-ordered the special edition with Anduril and scabbard from Animarket and it comes to about $247 shipped, which is about $40 cheaper than the BBTS price for the same, excluding BBTS shipping. There's a 20% deposit, but I'm getting it regardless of Asmus' Aragorn reveal.

Wow, the head is just horrible (nose and above that is). Igor

for $150, maybe, for $300 no way. People complain about HT prices, but at least their sculpts are great. LOTR really needs EB or HT to get the line, but sadly that will probably never happen.

ghostbusters-guy1.jpg

Anybody here order from Hobby-Galaxy before? Are they reputable? They have it for $239 but you have to pay the non-refundable shipping up front.

https://www.hobby-galaxy.com/aci-the-lord-of-the-rings-aragorn-1-6-scale-action-figure-with-anduril-am002sp/

Yes I have. They're good people with good communication. I even had a pre-order once with them that fell through on their end, they let me know right away, and I was able to get my money back. Then oddly they ended up getting the product in later and allowed me the option of getting it at the original discounted pre-order price -- again, all this communicated by them first.

I made a custom Aragorn ten times better than this. I bought the Asmus Witch King (morgul Lord) and although that fig was really cool, it still had shortcomings. a $270+ pricetag is ridiculous though. Asmus must be on crack, they keep raising the price with each release. Witch king was $174.

Back