ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

Personally I think Aragorn is the perfect candidate for real hair. I think this looks great. But those shots from the show look like he has PERS. I don't see how that would work with real hair.

Personally I think Aragorn is the perfect candidate for real hair. I think this looks great. But those shots from the show look like he has PERS. I don't see how that would work with real hair.

I really don't see the big deal with PERS. It just makes the figure more expensive.

The ACI solicitation letter just came in, the pictures of the final product cleared the last bit of doubt in my mind, YES THIS IS THE ARAGORN YOU WANT TO OWN!!

And the best part is, the Anduril is NOT an exclusive item, it will just be an add-on that costs a bit extra, so all your favorite dealers will be able to offer it! REJOICE!

I'm sure they will be everywhere by the end of today, but what the heck, here are a few... (maybe they were already shown somewhere before but I'm not sure).

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Nice pictures, we have seen them before here so no worries.

Funny, the 1st pic and the 3rd pic look like two different headsculpts.

I'm really liking the real hair.

Yeah, I just realized they were posted before, I must have missed those... but anyway the Anduril not being an exclusive is great news!

Nice pictures, we have seen them before here so no worries.

Funny, the 1st pic and the 3rd pic look like two different headsculpts.

I'm really liking the real hair.

Does look different. The weathering and detailing as well as the paint all look great. Really well done. I don't know why but the Anduril bit really annoys me.

Does look different. The weathering and detailing as well as the paint all look great. Really well done. I don't know why but the Anduril bit really annoys me.

Annoys you because he never had it in this costume? Or annoys that people can pay a little extra and get another accessory?

Annoys you because he never had it in this costume? Or annoys that people can pay a little extra and get another accessory?

The first part. It's book accurate for the whole thing to be together but if they're going movie it either needs to be the shards or add the red shirt.

Last edited:

I don't know why but the Anduril bit really annoys me.

The reason I don't like Anduril being an exclusive is he should have had it with him since Rivendel, if they followed the books that is. I have my Aragorn displayed with the letter opener version of Anduril or Narsil which ever one came with one of the DVD exclusives. I never liked how they made him so reluctant in the movie compared to the books where he had been waiting for this moment for a long time.

The reason I don't like Anduril being an exclusive is he should have had it with him since Rivendel, if they followed the books that is. I have my Aragorn displayed with the letter opener version of Anduril or Narsil which ever one came with one of the DVD exclusives. I never liked how they made him so reluctant in the movie compared to the books where he had been waiting for this moment for a long time.

This is true. If they're following the books it should be whole post Rivendell or shards before they left. Movie wise we need that red shirt. I've never had a problem with that. I like both versions and I think both show qualities that make a great leader.

I guess the better choice of words would have been I would have preferred it. I see the movies as Peter Jackson's interpretation on Tolkien's story and that has let me not nick pick and get in a tisy about his changes. They are my favorite movies and books.

I guess the better choice of words would have been I would have preferred it. I see the movies as Peter Jackson's interpretation on Tolkien's story and that has let me not nick pick and get in a tisy about his changes. They are my favorite movies and books.

I think that's a fair way to approach it. I'm with ya there. Just finished a marathon today and will start another yearly reading in about a month.

I think that's a fair way to approach it. I'm with ya there. Just finished a marathon today and will start another yearly reading in about a month.

Nice. While I haven't read it yearly I have read it at least once at every single place I have lived (excluding the place I was born and live at till I was 4). Right now I am just starting book IV with my oldest daughter. It's taken us a while because when we started it the black riders were just too intense for her so we had to shelve it for almost a year before starting it again. She's seen a very edited (excessive violence, gore and anything too scary has been fast forwarded) version of the movies up to where we have gotten to in the books.

I think I have read the thing at least a dozen times starting from the age 8 till now. It is nice knowing others love the books and that now most people know what hobbits are. When I was in third grade I went dressed up as a hobbit including hairy homemade feet for Halloween and in 5th grade I did my biography report as Tolkien (dressed up as him for the report and all) at that time no one new what the heck a hobbit was and I remember feeling pretty foolish. It wasn't until I was 18 that I ran into someone else besides my one aunt that had read the books.

That's cool! Sounds like you've got another generation ready to become a Tolkien fan. That's a good thing even if you have to break it up in certain ways. :rock

I got a late start in getting into it. It was seeing FOTR and my mother telling me she enjoyed the stories that got me into it back in 01. Been reading the books at least once a year ever since and I've lost count how many times I've seen the movies. That's a pretty cool story. I wish I had been into it that long but at least now there are more of us than ever. That is a good thing. :rock

Id have Aragorn dual weild both swords at the same time, skyrim style :-D

Back