A RATM Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khan_Tusion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a quick question, how awesome would it be to own a Rage Against the Machine custom figure of Zack or rest of the band?

I walked into my local toy shop and saw the huge figure of Kurt Cobain which led me to this topic, I am a die hard fan of RATM. And I have always wanted a custom Zack or Tom.

Anyways does anyone out there have a band related custom figure/s?

I love RATM too, but I don't want any of them in figure form.

On the other hand, HT needs to do 1/6 KISS figures.. yesterday. :lecture

Music is a weird thing... I think they need to be iconic to work. Iconic in a pop culture way that completely transcends music.

Right now I have Elvis, The Beatles and Michael Jackson In my collection. In a way that's sort of the perfect music collection. A trifecta of the three biggest musical icons of all time, and in way adding anyone else sort of screws up that perfect balance.

That's not to say I don't like Rage or the Chilis, U2, NIN, pearl jam, radiohead or other artists who are almost there in terms of larger than life entities more than evis or MJ...
But they are not important enough to the zeitgeist to mean something beyond their music, in a way that moves merchandise outside of t shirts as a persona and not the music itself which is more intangible.

In fact outside of what I think are the magic three there are some clear contenders

Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hemdrix
Jim Morrison

Then the waters get even murkier...

Freddie Mercury
Kiss
Zeppelin, but from zeppelin you pretty much just want Page right?
The Stones but do you really want anyone other than Mic and Kieth?
And who besides Slash is worthwhile out of G+R? Not axle.
Even Metallica, it's arguable who the right base player is to put in the lineup and even then no one would buy a 200 Dollar Lars
And from U2 you'd never sell Adam and Larry but do you do Bono without The Edge?

It's why few bands outside of the Beatles really work because each member is a legend in their own right, right down to the lovable but still clear weak link Ringo.

So from Rage is it Zach or Tom? And the truth is are either even larger than life enough to warrant a figure?

I'll admit being dead helps that icon status, such as with Cobain. It meant something to us 90s kids when he blew his brains out and it meant something to that time culturally, but real grunge fans know that Cobain can't hold a candle to Cornell or Vedder, he can't even hold a candle to Dave Grohl if you ask me! But no ones asking for Cornell...

So a long answer to your question but no i don't want RATM figures, but I do however think I'll throw in Evil Empire for a long overdue listen ;)

MegaDave... figure him out... :lol

In all honesty Ill buy a Classic Megadeth Lineup... and Pink Floyd too...

or just marty friedman will do

That would be an outstanding collection, RHCP, RATM, Soundgarden/or Chris Cornell in the mix with Rage ala Audioslave etc., why not a lollapalooza concert diorama. That would be EPIC.

Sidenote: a 1/6 scale of the cover of the boy on Evil Empire :) custom suit and everything. Only in my dreams of course lol

Wait, are you someone famous? :lol

I'd love figures of Axl Rose / Slash / Zakk Wylde / myself (i'm not famous) :lol

:lol no Im not famous...yet!

That would be an outstanding collection, RHCP, RATM, Soundgarden/or Chris Cornell in the mix with Rage ala Audioslave etc., why not a lollapalooza concert diorama. That would be EPIC.

Now that I think about it yeah that would be cool!

Only music figure i would buy is my musical hero, Les Claypool.

Hey guys do you know anyone who did some custom 1/6 music figures(except common subjects like the beatles or elvis)?

Serang's hendrix is one of my favorite.

Last edited:
Rage would make a neat set up.
The Beatles are my favorite band so that would be a must.
Hendrix
Morrison
KISS is dying to have quality figures made.
A Cliff Burton figure would be awesome.

And yeah, I'd love a figure of myself more than anything. :lol. Always wanted one. Maybe ill commission a sculpt one day.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I can say this. I would pay top dollar for a 1/6 display of Metallica. Maybe a 12 inch version of the McFarlane Justice for All set.

It's been a while since I posted here but man a Zach Delarocha 1/6 custom figure would be beast. Dreads and everything I know it can be succeeded but would need someone like rocco for the headsculpt and maybe moe for the clothing.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I want a 1/6 Papa Emeritus. Bad.

116.jpg

1044913_10201578711179688_21489248_n.jpg

1003430_10151510259867536_248048935_n.jpg

10154_10151510261947536_10440568_n.jpg

Tool figures would be awesome. Not of the band mambers, but of the characters from their videos. Some really interesting displays could come out of that.

Back