A question on fetts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'v seen quite a few people wihth custom boba figures, and i was wondering: can anyone answer a few questions for me about the VOTC Boba figure that some of you have used. specificly, his hands. how eaisly can they be removed, and are the hands themselves separate from the gauntlets? Considering using the hands and the bodysuit and the armor from the medicom boba on a HT body to make a slightly taller boba. Can anyone tell me anthing about his hands? I'm sure I'll be drilling them out to make the HT wrist post fit them, but that's ok. What I'm more concerned about is getting the wrist armor off the hands. will I be doing any cutting?

I'v seen quite a few people wihth custom boba figures, and i was wondering: can anyone answer a few questions for me about the VOTC Boba figure that some of you have used. specificly, his hands. how eaisly can they be removed, and are the hands themselves separate from the gauntlets? Considering using the hands and the bodysuit and the armor from the medicom boba on a HT body to make a slightly taller boba. Can anyone tell me anthing about his hands? I'm sure I'll be drilling them out to make the HT wrist post fit them, but that's ok. What I'm more concerned about is getting the wrist armor off the hands. will I be doing any cutting?

The hands are part of the gauntlets. You would have to cut them apart to separate them.

I think putting the medi boba onto a HT body would be a crime.

I agree maybe a little excessive to just make him taller(filled out).

I added a little over a 1/4 inch to the leg extensions and stuffed Medi-Boba's boots and Imo he stands fine along with my SSC figs and does not look freaky.

To each their own, but once you actually have a Medi-Boba in your paws and do your first pose with the RAH body.

I think you might actually reconsider the body swap.

:D

Somehow I don't think the mix will work...
Medi figures are smaller overall, not just height-wise. So a mix of Medi and Hasbro parts would look very strange IMO.
Have you tried tracking down a Marmit Boba? The scale/size is much more in accordance with HT/SST.

I am going to have to agree with everyone else here.
If you want a taller Boba Fett then track down the OTC Boba Fett and/or the KayBee Exclusive Talking Boba Fett. I have made 2 custom Boba Fett figures using the parts from both of these figures and regular Dragon Models figures. Using a Hot Toys figure instead of Dragon should not be that hard.

Believe it or not I have found the Hasbro stuff is larger and easier to customize. Weathering the armor usually isn't that hard and you don't feel bad because the stuff you are using is pretty cheap and easily available.

Not so sure. I posed the question of swapping him to the mediworld forums, it was met with " oh yeah, someone else already did that, Aside from the bodysuit being a little short, It looked GREAT, made him look a bit buffer too. " and other such responses. The main things i'm looking at usingfrom the medi fett are the gun, the headgear and his vest/armor. Probobly his gauntlets. Found a pair of gloves for HT bendy fingers that actualy look ALOT like fetts recently, So i'll go that route on the hands..... annnd... i've got a deal pending for a marmitt boba with broken hands for 80$. So i should be able to bypass on the otc version now :)

Hmm, I see.
Sounds a bit expensive though, using a few accesories from a 150 dollar figure.
Please share pics once he's done!

I have the old school Marmity looking Fett put out by some company (Marmit?), in a too large Hasbro looking green box, that is a wonderful figure, just no real head inside the helmet, just this ball...but he rules my figures! I wouldn't take any of these new ones for him! And I did repaint him, so he is my fave.
I do wonder about the newer RAH one though. He looks smooth.

that's actualy the one I'm planning on taking the body suit from for my custom Fett Les. I was going to get one, but recent financial stumbles ( a busted heater core in the car) have given me less to work with. I
m considering forging the fet custom allthgether, I'll make my final decision when the new Medi fett arrives I soppose.

Once you get that Medicom Fett there is pretty much no looking back. With a few minor alterations to the Medi Fett, he blows the Marmit and Hasbro Fetts out of the water. I've had all three versions and the Medicom figure is far superior in my opinion.

Hey, since you've got all three.. how easy is the medi fett to strip? and how well would his armored vest fit a slightly larger body (like hot toys) Same question on the gauntlets, and head. I'll probobly cut the visor out and put in a polarized lense in regardless.

I havent comepletely stripped the Medicom Fett. I am kind of afraid to take the flak vest off because the armor seems to be glued on and I dont want it to come off and have to re glue it back on. I already had some problems with the shoulder pads coming unglued when I first took him out of the box.
I really wouldnt be concerned about putting the Medicom Fett clothes on a different body, the Medicom body is pretty good to begin with. I just made a few adjustments to the shoulder pads, helmet and jetpack to make them sit a little better on the figure.
Like I said, you only need to make a few minor adjustments to the Medicom Fett figure for it to look better. I wouldnt really recommend swapping bodies and armor. The Medicom body articulation is already very good. If anything, you should just add a height extension to the legs.

As far as the gaunlets, you can take the on and off along with the hands. I had to use the blowdryer to get the helmet off of the head which took little time. Go check out the Medicom RAH Fett review in the star wars section on this site or over at rebelscum. I posted some pics at rebelscum showing the adjustments I made to my Fett.
The link below is he rebelscum thread
https://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB38&Number=2160918&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=10

Back