A message to anyone awaiting commissions....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Carnall

Formerly hunky_artist
Reaction score
Hi guys. As some of you know my commission orders had been building up for some time, and much faster than I could get them done to the point where I had to put a halt to any new orders in order that I could spend a few months working my way through my already paid for commissions. (since that halt to orders.... I've taken another 42 advanced orders and rising.... go figure!)

So something had to be done.

part (most?) of what is taking my time at the moment is producing, cleaning up and preparing casts for people (in addition to painting them, and doing other one-off sculpts and full figure commissions). So even though it is going to cost me I've decided to take action in the way which will let me get everyone's heads out to them the quickest. I've received a few quotes over the last day or two from places that do mold and cast making in the quantities that I require... some here in the UK, one in The States and one in Canada. I'm currently speaking to all of them to find the most suitable, and once this is done I'll be sending the relevant heads off to be made for me.

This will shorten my timeframe in geting themm all done from 3 or 4 months down to less than one. (possibly a few weeks depending where I go). So for those waiting on heads, please bear with me... I'm taking this action to help me get your orders out to you the quickest way i can :)

(I'll still be producing other heads and repaints/full customs while I am doing this.... which essentially will let me shift my custom production forward by about 2 months.... a huge difference! :rock

After this... and when I'm back making new head sculpts.... from now on I'll be employing someone else to produce them for me. I really don't like keeping people waiting... and I figured I could do everything myself. I guess I just didnt count on the interest in both the resculpted heads, but also my repaints, and my one-off/full customs.

I've learnt my lesson now :lol

so I apologise to anybody who has been kept waiting longer that I initially said it would be....... but now that I've decided to let somebody else do the repetitive (and for me very time consuming) work..... I can start to whizz through the orders, and get many more commissions out the door than I have been.

Thanks for your patience :eek:

Let us know when you are going to start taking commisions again because I want you to do an "classic" Darren Anakin head for me. Paint and all. :rock

pix just pm me, otherwise I'll forget to remind you, lol. I've got a new list (for when I'm back taking new orders?!) so your request will just be added to that list basically..... despite being 'on hold' I'm taking more orders now than ever :lol

it's just that I'm telling people in no uncertain terms..... they'll be waiting :cool:

Man, do I understand your dilemma Darren!
I too have let my headpaint work overwhelm other work, for a long time now.
I admire your finding a way to keep it all up, and to accommodate so many requests.
This says a lot about you.

I hope I can work out something in the future that allows me to do more also.

Great news though buddy! Your work is indeed in demand, and you deserve all the kudos you get! :rock

Keep up the good work!

(And I might want more than I have too! But, I will let others in line ahead of me for a while, before I come back to add to your workload. :D )

Thought you wern't going to make very many casts of the heads sculpts you altered? Sounds like some mass production to me :lol

EVILFACE said:
Thought you wern't going to make very many casts of the heads sculpts you altered? Sounds like some mass production to me :lol

Considering he overhauled about 90% of the SS sculpt, I don't think thats an issue. :D

I agree with Les, it really shows your character.... Doing your best to deal with this load of work. Glad to hear of the new developments...:rock

EVILFACE said:

well for a start I'm only selling these to people who have already bought the figure. And so Sideshow have been paid, the sculptors have been paid, and the chinese painters have been paid. And to be honest I only thought about 5 ppeople would want these when i got my first "hey... mine looks like crap now.. can you do mine too?" email :lol

but I don't want this thread to get about the morals of selling customs or not. People ask me for things... they already have the sideshow figures... I'll do them :)

and for those who have been understanding about this.... i thank you all :bow

Darren,

We really must get together and have a beer and a chat seeing as we're only like 40 minutes away from each other.

How are you fixed next Saturday afternoon.

You want to meet in Liddypool for a drinky-poos?

abstractharmony said:
Darren,

We really must get together and have a beer and a chat seeing as we're only like 40 minutes away from each other.

How are you fixed next Saturday afternoon.

You want to meet in Liddypool for a drinky-poos?

Darren and Abstract together under one roof?? Too much cool in one room! :lol

If you guys do meet up, take pics! Always cool to get the Freaks together. :rock

Back