A Hot Toys rant to us consumers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads.

kingofpopcorn.gif

Yes, and those dealers throw on eBay and pay their mortgages.

that's really sad, I used to post there but got banned so maybe, as one of their forum moderators said, it's a blessing in the skies. I want nothing to deal with that type of shady.

1.) Blade sculpt
2.) T-1000 sculpt (ears especially)
3.) Black shirt added to T-800 at no additional cost to us.
4.) Additional Leonidas sculpt added at no additional cost to us.
5.) Bird added to Falconer Predator at no additional cost to us.

Yes Hot Toys is a very pro active company they listen to what their fans say. And designing these figures is a very fluid process, when prototype pictures are released, nothing is set in stone

Also fans comments have resulted in :

Marcus Wright: Re-sculpt

Wolverine: Re-sculpt

Sheva Alomar: Rubber sleeves arms (Now standard on female figures)

DX Joker: Updated costume, added suspenders, gold chain

Berserker: Re-sculpted mandibles

The thread is subjective. What may grate on one persons nerve may pass harmlessly to another. I don't care about nipples etc. I think it is obsessive but that is me not everyone. I generally voice displeasure over a bad sculpt but rarely other inaccuracies because they don't matter to me. I typically ignore rants over things I consider silly they don't
Impact whether I buy or not. I don't see the big deal but it's just me with folks voicing their opinions just ignore the post.

so does hot Toys have someone who reads these forums, where do we post these suggestions on their FaceBook?

Yes Hot Toys is a very pro active company they listen to what their fans say. And designing these figures is a very fluid process, when prototype pictures are released, nothing is set in stone

Also fans comments have resulted in :

Marcus Wright: Re-sculpt

Wolverine: Re-sculpt

Sheva Alomar: Rubber sleeves arms (Now standard on female figures)

DX Joker: Updated costume, added suspenders, gold chain

Berserker: Re-sculpted mandibles

I promise you this came from HT's R&D who often put out figures before they are done to solicit them and continously make changes based on design as quoted in many magazine articles but then again now I'm just screaming at a wall as well.

so does hot Toys have someone who reads these forums, where do we post these suggestions on their FaceBook?

They used to, but if someone critiqued everything you do with OCD douchiness would you come back for more? I think it's funny how people take credit for the standard refinement process of taking something from prototype to production. However, if they do listen, Facebook is the only place most opinions will hold any weight.

it silly how people get all offended when other people criticize a toy company. its like they think the toy company is their personal friend or something. :lol

You would probably be better directly contacting them or FB over this forum.

alright thanks Sexy I want to ask them if they are going to re-do the head sculpt for the T2 T-800 because if they do I'd like to exchange the one I am about to receive for the updated version.

I think some folks who hold such a grudge against the nitpickers are just as bad as them.

alright thanks Sexy I want to ask them if they are going to re-do the head sculpt for the T2 T-800 because if they do I'd like to exchange the one I am about to receive for the updated version.

:lol he called you Sexy :naughty

it silly how people get all offended when other people criticize a toy company. its like they think the toy company is their personal friend or something. :lol

What? Hot Toys isn't my fraand? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back