3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally picked up batteries for the LED helmet and I can't believe how lame and low-key it is. First of all, they're supposed to be flashlights, not random pieces of white light coming from his helmet. These LEDs are weak and don't project at all. They're pure white and clash with the rest of the armor when turned on. Would have been cool to see them use lights that were a bit more flashlight-like here. This is weak sauce.

All i have to say is LOL in the smugest way possible. First comment I made on this was that the arms were too puffy (due to the rubber) and people jumped down my throat and pre ordered anyway. You got exactly what you deserved. If a prototype is crap and you PO anyways, then why on earth would they change anything?

Too funny

You are completely right except for were you're wrong... which is all of it.

The gauntlets are a titch large but that isn't the reason the figure has problems. If this figure had proper joints that could hold their position or even fingers/hands that could grip the guns at all then there wouldn't be any problem.

Even if the gauntlets were smaller, it still wouldn't be able to hold a weapon or pose. This was not evident in the prototype either, which if you recall showed a MC that was perfectly capable of holding weapons.

I do agree that preordering is a risk though and not only will I never do it again with ThreeA but I don't think I'll buy anything again from them.

perfora.net rejected your message to the following email addresses:
[email protected] ([email protected])
A problem occurred while delivering your message to this email address. Try sending your message again. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.
perfora.net gave this error:
Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation Quota exceeded. For explanation visit Postmaster MailSecurity (1&1, Postmaster Mailsecurity)

1and1.com said:
552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation, Quota exceeded

We were unable to deliver your email because the potential recipient does not have sufficient free space in their inbox. Please use a different method to contact the person in question and inform them of the situation.

Same issues with my Master Chief model that I just received, I actually think the magnets broke free in my Light Rifle and Assault Rifle as I can hear them rattling around when I move the model. I can't even have it stand upright for more than 20 or so minutes without eventually falling over.

I go to send 3A an email and I get the above message. Looks like they are full with e-mails. Had to use the contact form on their website instead.

You are completely right except for were you're wrong... which is all of it.

The gauntlets are a titch large but that isn't the reason the figure has problems. If this figure had proper joints that could hold their position or even fingers/hands that could grip the guns at all then there wouldn't be any problem.

Even if the gauntlets were smaller, it still wouldn't be able to hold a weapon or pose. This was not evident in the prototype either, which if you recall showed a MC that was perfectly capable of holding weapons.

I do agree that preordering is a risk though and not only will I never do it again with ThreeA but I don't think I'll buy anything again from them.

I just want to say, pre-ordering should only be a risk in that it might misrepresent how a product would look in-hand or how large it looks. Or the product might be faulty in some way not intended by the developer (a defect, essentially). Pre-ordering should never be a risk in terms of the manufacturer not only describing but also showing off detailed pictures of one thing and then turning around and shipping something almost eight months later that's clearly not nearly as functional as the thing they showed off.

Same issues with my Master Chief model that I just received, I actually think the magnets broke free in my Light Rifle and Assault Rifle as I can hear them rattling around when I move the model. I can't even have it stand upright for more than 20 or so minutes without eventually falling over.

I go to send 3A an email and I get the above message. Looks like they are full with e-mails. Had to use the contact form on their website instead.

That doesn't surprise. I just want to note about the magnets: I haven't noticed any that are loose in mine, but I have been fiddling with it and my magnets seem to have been inserted backwards in my figure. I'm finding that I can at least somewhat reliably sling weapons straight across the middle of the Chief's back. Quite obviously, it looks horrible. But it's something. What intrigues me is that, if I try to attach them in a way consistent with how they show it off in the promotional pictures, a couple of my weapons are actually repelled by the magnets - the opposite of what should happen. They clearly didn't pay much attention to the magnet orientation when slipping them in there.

PSA: My figure's LED lights went from moderately bright to very, very dim in a matter of about twenty minutes. Flipping the batteries did nothing. Whatever, the lights don't look that good anyways. I'm just upset with the principle of the thing - how many features of this figure which were clearly advertised are going to be broken?

[email protected]

That's their customer service email.

And I just got an email back from them. They want me to send pictures.

How the hell am I supposed to prove the limitations on joints in a photo? I told them a video would be the best way to show how hindered this thing is, but that would cause issues emailing because there's so much **** wrong with this thing that it'll be such a long recording.

How the hell am I supposed to prove the limitations on joints in a photo? I told them a video would be the best way to show how hindered this thing is, but that would cause issues emailing because there's so much **** wrong with this thing that it'll be such a long recording.

I'm think that, because these issues are obviously widespread (we're all experiencing them), they'll have to address them on a wider scale than simply asking for videos from customers who complain.

Ouch. Sorry to hear of everyone's troubles with this. NECA's 1/4 scale Chief blows this out of the water at less than half the price, and is a good piece to have if you are searching to replace this, provided you get any compensation for your troubles.

Could you make the video, upload it to YouTube and link that in the email? That way the issue is also exposed to the internet, rather then just a private email, and might be harder for the issues to be ignored.

**** that.. Just cancelled my preorder at BBTS. Can't believe we've waited this long for this figure and 3A pushes him out like a bad lunch... Master Chief deserves better than this.

Probably going to order the NECA version since that one has stellar reviews.

So on Tuesday I had both the NECA and 3A Chief arrive.

Was initially blown away by the NECA and then opened the 3A. Initially I thought it was bollocks, it weighs next to nothing, the under-suit is horrible and flimsy and Ive no idea why its basically silver?

Articulation is shocking, but when stood in a simple museum type pose it is growing on me. Paintwork is amazing minus the chest damage, thats just hilariously bad.

I would forgive the articulation and chubby arms just if he could hold his bloody gun in either his hands or on his back!

Someone needs to walk up to ash at sdcc with a camera filming and plop down John and challenge him to recreate any poses from the promo shots

Don't know how many of you have seen this but here's a youtube video showcasing the figures issues:

Courtesy of KORNdog1986:

Back