360 Achievements?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidwolverine21

Super Freak
Reaction score
After talking about the seriously 2.0 achievement in gears 2, i began to wonder what every ones opinion is on the achievements. Is it something you like to play for in the games you are playing, or do they not matter?

I most of the time like going for some of the harder achievements that take a good bit of time and frustration:lol like seriously 2.0 or veteran on call of duty or even the 100% completion on gta4/ but thats just me.

what about you guys?

I think they are neat, but I don't ever try and get them. If I get them during normal gameplay, so be it.

For some reason, I really like the achievements. Makes me feel like I accomplished something for the day while sitting in front of a TV for 4+ hours.

I was pissed when I found out, after completing Assassin's Creed but before creating my Live account, that my achievements wouldn't carry over to my newly created Live account once I finally found a name that wasn't in use.

I love the achievements and actively seek them out for some games. Maxing out a game is a cool thing, just wish they actually did something. Like 10000 achievement pts got you 10 xbox live pts or they unlocked additional content in the game.

I love em. I play for em on alot of games. I know some of my friends think when I play games for fun and then for all the achievments it takes the fun away but it doesn't for me.
It just makes the game more challenging and makes it last longer. :rock

The hardest game I ever did 100% all acheivments was crackdown !!!.
Finding all those orbs and doing all the side things took forever but hey if those achievments wern't there that game probably would of bored me within 2 weeks.

Acheivments are the main reasons I play xbox over ps3. I feel like I'm being rewarded when I play , you know...

I was pissed when I found out, after completing Assassin's Creed but before creating my Live account, that my achievements wouldn't carry over to my newly created Live account once I finally found a name that wasn't in use.

That is one of the bad parts. There are some achievements i cant even think of doing again.

depends on the achievement and the game but i won't go after an achievement unless i enjoy going for it .....except for COD 2 which wasn't fun on the hardest diffuculty setting but i loved the game. Dead Space on the other hand I've beat 3 times and am going to go through it again to get all the achievements because I love the game. I'm not going through Tomb Raider: Underworld for all 179 treasures but I will for the Swan Dive achievements and the Speed Demon achievements because I love the game and those achievements aren't boring to me.

There pretty fun but like I usually won't go for the harder ones, but If i see one thats I can do during the course of regular gameplay and that I don't have to go out of my way to get it, sure i'll go for it.

depends on the achievement and the game but i won't go after an achievement unless i enjoy going for it .....except for COD 2 which wasn't fun on the hardest diffuculty setting but i loved the game. Dead Space on the other hand I've beat 3 times and am going to go through it again to get all the achievements because I love the game. I'm not going through Tomb Raider: Underworld for all 179 treasures but I will for the Swan Dive achievements and the Speed Demon achievements because I love the game and those achievements aren't boring to me.

exactly , if the game sucks ass forget them. If not play for em all and get the most of the money you paid for it !. :rock2:banana

It cool too sometimes because you see extra stuff , I recentley completed Indana Jones lego 100% for all 1000 gamerpoints. I found secet star wars characters hidden everywhere , little movies , secret levels and throughout all this I'm beng rewarded with achievments and points for my personal profile.

Hi, my name is Ill and I am an Achievement Whore. :eek:

No, I think you're a whore who services other gamers.

On the other hand, I think that the achievements are kinda nice for gamers. I for one won't just play a game for points, or play a game through needlessly to get more points.

I think achievements are a nice addition and can add alot to a game. Personally I don't go all out trying to get every last one. If it seems like it's achievable without too much stress I'll probably go for it, but I won't desperately try to get every last one.

Yeah, that's how I am.

I like having a higher gamerscore, but there are some achievements that are just too hard and I'm not going to spend my time trying to get them. Like the Seriously 2.0 achievement in GoW2, way too much work.

Or trying to shoot all of the flying rats in GTAIV.

Yeah, I am an achievement whore too these days. I never used to be until Gears 1 though.

exactly , if the game sucks ass forget them. If not play for em all and get the most of the money you paid for it !. :rock2:banana

It cool too sometimes because you see extra stuff , I recentley completed Indana Jones lego 100% for all 1000 gamerpoints. I found secet star wars characters hidden everywhere , little movies , secret levels and throughout all this I'm beng rewarded with achievments and points for my personal profile.

Haha im a huge achievement whore. I dont think a game is worth playing if you cant unlock at least half of the points. when i compare games with my friends i see points below a hundred and even 200 i cant help but think whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaat you must suck????

Hicks..im working on Lego indy right now because i bought a new xbox(it came with it) because mine got the one light failure..and i wont be able to ship it off for repair til i go back home. I dont see how you got 100% percent complete on that game.

Gotta admit I like trying my hardest to get them as well. I go to a site that tells what they will be for games as they come out and start figuring out what I'll have to do.

Back