3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the bigger an item is, the harder it is to resell. Just the shipping of it alone is annoying.

Wish I could go back and tell my younger self to curb it with some of the more extravagant purchases I made but, live and learn. As nice as some of these collectibles are, I know from my 20 year+ collecting experience that sometimes appreciating something from afar is better than actually owning it. It?s fun in the beginning when you open the box, put it together and ?play? with it, but the flip side of it is 5-10 years from now, it?s just sitting there taking up space and you don?t want it anymore.

A figure is easy to get rid of. A lot of figures are easy to get rid of. A huge vehicle, playset, role play/prop item, or quarter scale figure? Not so much.

Makes me glad am a new-ish collector.

I'm in. Thought long and hard about it, but *&^% it, when Season 1 opened, one of the early thoughts I had was wanting a model of the Razor Crest. And figure there's gonna be "real models", upscale models, etc. in time. Over the long term - at least this piece - IMO it's a great display piece. The ILM vid of the design got me more interested. Don't know what else the show might bring - or even if the Razor Crest gets destroyed at some point - but I like origins. And I like having a piece of SW history that got those original ST designers and craftsmen so hyped. I like being able to add a few additional figures for interest, if I like.

Since I don't have anything else like it and don't plan to. About the only other thing I'd like is a Sandcrawler; but I may or may not pass on something like that because of the bulk. The Crest can go nicely on a high shelf - not much different than having a ship model.

And I deserve it 'coz I talked myself out of the ANOVOS Mando helmet:monkey2, so the Crest is a bargain by comparison.:cool:

With the RC still a year away, i'm prepping to populate it. Got a set of carbonized Mando figures in the mail today (as well as a ARC trooper 3-Pack).

Did not expect that new cardback construction on those carbonized figures. First thought it was a thicker layer of cardboard but then noticed the bubble wasn't glued on the surface. Instead, it looks like Hasbro changed the card construction to have the bubble fixed in between two cardboard layers for that exclusive wave.

17k reached, Jawa secured. Site not updated yet...
fba43989f0f49ecae72254ae69820011.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

It even jumped past 17.5K. Could Hasbro put a last bonus goal at 19K for the last three days?

Well I can think of a few more things that interacted with it if they need ideas for some last minute unlocks...

Like some HUGE holes in the hull... smashed windows and some ******** up spider infestation. RC took a beat down.

Love those cocky X-Wing pilots.

The most logical unlocks would probably be led lights or Kuiil but I'm not terribly optimistic about either one. Kuiil they will want to sell at retail and lights add complexity and potential headaches.

Back