3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a distinct possibility you're right. Thanks for that input. I could not buy it and, well, I would live. Perhaps I shouldn't risk giving myself future headaches....or more than I already have at any rate.

Don’t do it.

There’s gonna be a time in the future where you’re going see that thing in your home and want to get rid of it and it’s not going to be easy to do so. It’ll be more of a burden longterm vs the short burst of excitement you get from that dopamine rush when you first get it.

My wallet wants to kiss you right now. :lecture

I hate selling things. I hate the hassle of it and larger items present the most hassle. So I wouldn't deliberately buy to resell and I'd prefer not to buy when I have any suspicion that I might end up selling.

Agree with a-dev. I have the BMF from 08 and AT-TE that are collecting dust, and I couldn't be bothered to put them up in the market :lol Besides, flipping anything is against my ethos as a collector.

I'm back giving it consideration - obviously with having seen the first episode of season 2 and with the imminent deadline. Spacewise I shouldn't buy it but damn it's hard not to want such a beautifully made beast of a toy.

In addition to the space concern buying this would open my door for the first time to Disney era Star Wars toys. I'm supposed to be winding this ***t down not adding new lines that I might feel compelled to collect.

Don't do it. The reasons are all in your post. Future you will thank you.

Yeah the bigger an item is, the harder it is to resell. Just the shipping of it alone is annoying.

Wish I could go back and tell my younger self to curb it with some of the more extravagant purchases I made but, live and learn. As nice as some of these collectibles are, I know from my 20 year+ collecting experience that sometimes appreciating something from afar is better than actually owning it. It’s fun in the beginning when you open the box, put it together and “play” with it, but the flip side of it is 5-10 years from now, it’s just sitting there taking up space and you don’t want it anymore.

A figure is easy to get rid of. A lot of figures are easy to get rid of. A huge vehicle, playset, role play/prop item, or quarter scale figure? Not so much.

There is a distinct possibility you're right. Thanks for that input. I could not buy it and, well, I would live. Perhaps I shouldn't risk giving myself future headaches....or more than I already have at any rate.

Yes, I've found that passing on even the most coveted item eventually leads to a time (whether it be weeks, months, or years) that I go "eh, whatever." The hardest part is weathering all the awesome pics that people post when the item arrives but in time those threads always fall by the wayside and then it's one less thing on your shelf, in storage, gathering interest on your credit card (though hopefully no one here goes into debt for these things.)

I remember things that were absolute "grails" years back ("PF Dr. Doom's chalice OMG!1!" Hulk vs. Spidey dio, etc.) that literally nobody cares about anymore except a very, very select few. Buy it if it's an absolute sure thing that you can't wait to display. Don't buy it if you're simply feeling artificial pressure from some arbitrary ordering deadline.

You be can always sell it once you get it and get your money back but it’s never going to be available at this price ever again. You’d have a year to think it over and decide if you really want it.

But as someone who bought an extra barge I can say these bigger vehicles are a pain to store.

You be can always sell it once you get it and get your money back but it’s never going to be available at this price ever again. You’d have a year to think it over and decide if you really want it.

But as someone who bought an extra barge I can say these bigger vehicles are a pain to store.

You got an "extra" barge?? :horror

[...]But as someone who bought an extra barge I can say these bigger vehicles are a pain to store.

As others have said, a pain to sell and ship, although I suppose this one will definitely have life on the aftermarket, the real issue here is time. Time spent selling, packing, shipping. I think it's great but it's an easy pass for me given Hasbro is just a spectator sport for me. I think if someone is looking to wind down and stay focused it's likely not a good idea, but that's one dude's opinion.

One thing that sucks about the exclusive Child and Jawa (if it's unlocked) being carded is that now I'll be forced to leave them carded, lol. No way am I breaking the seal on a $350 Jawa, lol. At least the Child is also coming with the new Walmart Din Djarin so I can just open that one to display with the Crest. Soft Goods Mando won't be an issue since he won't be on card but he will be the definitive 3.75 Mando. Plastic capes just don't look right on 3.75 inch figures to me since all the vintage Kenner capes/robes were either cloth or vinyl.

So this set coming with the one and only cloth cape Mando makes it all the more necessary IMO.

Reselling should be a breeze. It's big but it'll hold its value so long as Mando's ship doesn't get blown up by the end of Season 2 and he gets a way cooler one. :lol

It also will be coming boxed so you'd already have the shipping material. But if you're already thinking about all that and don't like selling your collectibles in general it might not be worth it.

I'm always on the fence with bigger items for the reasons you mentioned, plus the fact that I've mostly moved on from this scale. Yet the vehicles are one of the best things about 3 3/4 since they can't be replicated in most larger scales.

I'm actually surprised how many people wish these were even bigger than they already are. I get the desire for accuracy, but I wouldn't want a 6-foot Falcon or whatever the true scale would be. The BMF is about right for me, though still can feel too damn big to display at times.

I remember a time when a-dev loved his vehicle purchases

FBC56C95-D10B-4165-83EA-35C0E2899EBA.jpeg

True that as an adult a-dev got a little over zealous at times...

5385CD3A-94C5-4238-9914-0B99A3BADE69.jpeg

Last edited:
You got an "extra" barge?? :horror

:lol yeah, it was struggling getting funded and I figured very bit would help and having a second might be nice. That PitA is still I my storage shed sealed. I’ve had a few people interested over the years but nobody has ever pulled the trigger on it. Not trying to advertise here but more as a warning to those hoping to get extra Razor Crests to flip. The barge is a beauty but not something you need a boxed and unboxed version of. The open one is so much more spectacular. A play set and a vehicle.

:lol @ Jye

The Hot Toys '89 Batmobile is the most extravagant I've been. There are days where I question what the hell I was thinking buying that. There's also my T2 Pescadero diorama which is pretty big but at least I can put figures inside its footprint and across the top of it. Still, my days of massive 1/6 vehicle and diorama purchases are over - with one exception - a guy who posted here for a time made an excellent diorama of the part of the steel mill in T2 where the T-800 loses his hand. If he ever came back and announced he was selling that I'd have to put myself forward because that's a scene I've always wanted to display.

Don't do it. The reasons are all in your post. Future you will thank you.

Thanks ZE. Yeah, I'm gonna leave it.

Yes, I've found that passing on even the most coveted item eventually leads to a time (whether it be weeks, months, or years) that I go "eh, whatever." The hardest part is weathering all the awesome pics that people post when the item arrives but in time those threads always fall by the wayside and then it's one less thing on your shelf, in storage, gathering interest on your credit card (though hopefully no one here goes into debt for these things.)

I remember things that were absolute "grails" years back ("PF Dr. Doom's chalice OMG!1!" Hulk vs. Spidey dio, etc.) that literally nobody cares about anymore except a very, very select few. Buy it if it's an absolute sure thing that you can't wait to display. Don't buy it if you're simply feeling artificial pressure from some arbitrary ordering deadline.

I actually do have credit card debt which is explicitly toys but I could clear it tomorrow if I wanted. There are times such as now where I find that a near maxed out card is a limiting measure on my purchases. Take the Razor Crest for example. If I had ample space on my cc for it right now I'd find it that much harder to resist. But because I would have to go make an imminent cash lodgment to avoid going over my credit limit - and I don't particularly want to do that at this time - it acts as a dissuading factor. There is the monthly interest I'm paying of course but I can tolerate it for now.

Last edited:
I continue to be surprised at how briskly this is selling, only about 1k away from 17k. Would be pretty late to add another unlock but maybe if they are thinking ahead. If this hits 20k that would be pretty nuts considering the cost and size. Make the 20k goal an exclusive carded 40th anniversary sarlaac escape Boba Fett :lol

I continue to be surprised at how briskly this is selling, only about 1k away from 17k. Would be pretty late to add another unlock but maybe if they are thinking ahead. If this hits 20k that would be pretty nuts considering the cost and size. Make the 20k goal an exclusive carded 40th anniversary sarlaac escape Boba Fett :lol

Mando hype is real.

Back