3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it...getting pretty excited. And really surprised how fast the time has passed.

so jealous if you guys that got in on the barge! Someone please post pics when it shows up!

it’s a very nice piece but I don’t see the $500. So much of it is creative license probably designed in 2016 and never existed during initial filming that I can’t relate or attach nostalgia too. As a result it brings it down many tiers to a toy playset for me (which I know it is), when $500 for me is in the tier of collectable. Basically what I am seeing is “If” the Big Millennium Falcon was sold today it would be under this same “Haslab” label and sold for $300 to $500? That’s pretty steep even if it came with a “Amanaman” figure!!

it’s a very nice piece but I don’t see the $500. So much of it is creative license probably designed in 2016 and never existed during initial filming that I can’t relate or attach nostalgia too. As a result it brings it down many tiers to a toy playset for me (which I know it is), when $500 for me is in the tier of collectable. Basically what I am seeing is “If” the Big Millennium Falcon was sold today it would be under this same “Haslab” label and sold for $300 to $500? That’s pretty steep even if it came with a “Amanaman” figure!!

Oh if the Legacy Falcon were re-released it would go for over $300 for sure, maybe even $400! The larger vehicles have become insanely overpriced at retail (and they can all be had later on for clearance prices lol).

I just wish Hasbro would shed some light on its availability overseas. Also, i prey boxes won't suffer during shipping. The way Yakface is packed, blister could be damaged pretty easily.

B4FF6AD4-1CD0-4FDF-9A29-F2B5746A14B9.jpeg

credit to Yakface.com https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/12/19/haslab-jabbas-sail-barge-update-5/

This is exactly how i feel about it. It's cool but not $500 cool. With that said i imagine we are on the outside and this will sell for close to a grand or more when it is released. Especially in the beginning.

Regarding the BMF. If that were tooled today it would also probably be close to $500. Perhaps even more considering the lights and sounds.

Still feel like us overseas collectors have really been shafted on the Barge. Even though Hasbro have said they’re looking for ways to release this internationally, I just have severe doubts it’ll happen, and they’ll just hope we forget about it and they can sweep it under the rug.

Still feel like us overseas collectors have really been shafted on the Barge. Even though Hasbro have said they’re looking for ways to release this internationally, I just have severe doubts it’ll happen, and they’ll just hope we forget about it and they can sweep it under the rug.

I share your concern on that matter, especially since Steve Evans isn't at the helm of the Star Wars brand anymore.

Not Hasbro themselves. At least one retailer based in the UK offered PO and a few overseas collectors ordered using a US postal address provider (www.myus.com). Other than that, Hasbro branches outside the US remained silent about the potential availability of the Barge on their respective market.

The new TVC wave with Klaatu, Yak Face, Boushh Leia, and the Scarif Stormtrooper is up at BBTS.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&Series=2343&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Brand=2308

Finally a good new TVC wave. :yess: I went ahead and preorder Klaatu since I’m worried he’ll wind up as rare as the other skiff crew figures.

Thanks for the headsup. Just ordered 2 Klaatu and 1 Yakface. Feels weird, been years since I ordered any Star Wars figures.

As for the Barge, I haven't thought about it in a while but I will still want it if they ever make it available in Europe.

My Yakface and Klaatu just shipped from BBTS. :yess: Didn’t want to risk not finding those in stores, given how much other skiff guards go for on eBay.

Hopefully with February coming in a few days we’ll start getting shipping notices for the actual barge!

Most probably a new team altogether but coming events such as NY Toy Fair and Star Wars celebration will confirm this. Anyway, a change of leadership is more often than not an opportunity to set a new course and forget about past actions/projects. I'm still crossing fingers for a positive conclusion on the overseas availability of the Barge though.

Back