3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The barge is funded!!!!!!

5026!!!

:horror:horror:horror

Wow. That is AWESOME.:yess:

Until we find out its been hacked by the Russians . . . .:lol

Does seem to be going from strength to strength now.

5,410 now. The floodgates have really opened today.

Yeah, it does make you wonder - it's not like this was suddenly announced somewhere prominent that got a ton of eyes on it and 3 3/4" fans suddenly went "whoa, they're making a barge?!" This announcement was on every collector site long ago, places like starwars.com and EW.

You'd think that anyone willing to spend $500 on a 3 3/4" toy would surely have heard of this in the weeks after announcement. How is it that suddenly like 1500-2000 people with such a huge commitment to 3 3/4" Star Wars flooded in?

Yeah, it does make you wonder - it's not like this was suddenly announced somewhere prominent that got a ton of eyes on it and 3 3/4" fans suddenly went "whoa, they're making a barge?!" This announcement was on every collector site long ago, places like starwars.com and EW.

You'd think that anyone willing to spend $500 on a 3 3/4" toy would surely have heard of this in the weeks after announcement. How is it that suddenly like 1500-2000 people with such a huge commitment to 3 3/4" Star Wars flooded in?

I wonder if they held back some of the numbers in order to make some people think they needed to support it or buy two, though apparently this is a common theme with kickstarters. There was a big jump when the EW story ran and Yakface was announced, but then it started to taper off again. And I haven't heard of any other big thing that would make the numbers jump and jump so steadily. I know some people might have been waiting for tax returns to finally be able to commit to buy.

Anyone know which retail stores are currently selling the new TVC figures? After spying them at my LCS I checked Target but they didn't even have any space for them yet.

I found them at a comic shop that specializes in toys. SOLO merchandise' street date is April 13th, so maybe TVC wave 1 is grouped in with it?

It's so weird how we haven't seen any preorders for them, or the new Black Series Solo waves.

There seemed to be a lot of press coverage over the past week, sites like Gizmodo, Entertainment Weekly and CNET all ran stories. Strategic marketing to help push for a strong finish.

I found them at a comic shop that specializes in toys. SOLO merchandise' street date is April 13th, so maybe TVC wave 1 is grouped in with it?

It's so weird how we haven't seen any preorders for them, or the new Black Series Solo waves.

That would be my guess as well - stuck with the Solo launch.

I've only seen TVC on eBay so far, and some pics from collectors finding them in a couple stores..

Hopefully they'll come up on BBTS or something at some point. As snobby as it sounds, I'm just hoping to find them unpunched.

I've only seen TVC on eBay so far, and some pics from collectors finding them in a couple stores..

Hopefully they'll come up on BBTS or something at some point. As snobby as it sounds, I'm just hoping to find them unpunched.

Unless they change it at some point, wave 1 (like wave 1 of the last TVC series) is coming in cases unpunched. Would be a nice running change but not sure if that’ll happen until future waves.

Unless they change it at some point, wave 1 (like wave 1 of the last TVC series) is coming in cases unpunched. Would be a nice running change but not sure if that’ll happen until future waves.

I believe you mean punched. At least, from what Ebay listings i've seen, whether from Asia or the US, all pics show punched card. I wouldn't mind a change with forthcoming assortments but i'm less bothered by puched cards than i am by tape to secure bubbles. That will not age well.

3.75" Collecting Thread

Yes, whoops. Both cases of wave 1 (2010 all punched) and now 2018 so far have been coming punched.

Yeah, the tape is terrible. Hope they sort that out. Someone said it can be removed without leaving residue but that the bubble is not very secure (unsurprisingly).

I seem to remember the early waves of the 3 3/4 carded Black Series had a real problem with the glue on the blister not holding onto the card. I saw several at the Disney Store with staples to keep them fastened.

3.75" Collecting Thread

Yeah, you’d think they would have solved the problem since then. Did the price of glue skyrocket or something?

Damn. Didn't know the last couple waves came punched, that's a bummer. The last wave I purchased was the one with Starkiller (which I bought just for that figure lol) for around 80 bucks. I think it must have been a mixed wave because looking at it now, the waves were mostly only 6 or so figures... Off the top of my head the ones I remember it coming with were: Starkiller, Malgus, Shae Vizla, Lightsaber Construction Luke, ANH Vader, Tarkin, Oddball, Bariss Offee, Wedge, ESB Boba Fett, Bespin Luke, etc... I wish BBTS had a purchase history where I could find my order lol

I can't think of why it would. Do Hot Toys prices drop on popular preorder items or otherwise? The asking price is the asking price and everyone who has ordered it has agreed to it.

Back