3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all these backers, shouldn't the price drop?

How would the maths work there? If we know under 5000 is not even profit enough to justify production, how would be being between 5000-8000 enough profit to justify a price drop? I mean, if there were 100K backers, or 1M, it would totally make sense, but not with a narrow margin over breaking even.

Hey, I'm a rookie to all of this so please don't get snarky with responses. With the minimum of 5k backers it's difficult to imagine Hasbro still not making a killing on this, so with an addition of a couple thousand extra backers I thought prices would only come down because higher bulk of plastic and materials being used creates better deals for the manufacturer. ?

And approaching 7000 now. I wouldn't have believed it.

''If you build it they will come''

What the heck did Hasbro do? Send out a press release on WhatsApp with a new Kardashian nude pic? Why was this struggling for weeks then suddenly it skyrockets from 2500 to seemingly 10,000?

Sad that Hasbro doesn't want our euros... :(

Spain started the Vietnam War, so deal with it and keep your Deutschmarks, you rest-of-the-worlder.:lecture:monkey3

I would guess there are a handful of folks who didn't intend on getting this for the love of the Barge itself, so if it never made production, no big deal. But now that it's a reality, I'd bet there are individuals out there who don't want to miss out on a limited production run and are getting it for potential re-sale value. Whether people are willing to pay top dollar on the secondary market is unknown, but I'm sure there will be plenty of MISB Barges out there with sellers attempting to force choke buyer's wallets.

I would guess there are a handful of folks who didn't intend on getting this for the love of the Barge itself, so if it never made production, no big deal. But now that it's a reality, I'd bet there are individuals out there who don't want to miss out on a limited production run and are getting it for potential re-sale value. Whether people are willing to pay top dollar on the secondary market is unknown, but I'm sure there will be plenty of MISB Barges out there with sellers attempting to force choke buyer's wallets.

Interesting to see where the resale price on this goes. Because it's now cleared the production hurdle, you'd have to think that hasbro will really crank these out to cover demand in the rest of the world.

Sad that Hasbro doesn't want our euros... :(

With production a GO, I’d expect that we’ll hear from Hasbro soon as they figure out the logistics of the international offering. This is Hasbro we’re talking about. They’re not wont to leave that kinda money on the table nor collectors in the cold. Remember, they just re-ran production for brick cases of Darth Revan!

All I hope this really means... is now we will see a justified Sandcrawler, and for the love of baby jesus a Rebel Transporter. All embrace.

There’s no way they’ll pass on making a skiff now. We’re almost at 8,000.

Check your local TRUs. They're supposedly clearing out everything in their stock room. I found some SOLO nerf guns and Hot Wheels. No Black Series or 3.75" though.

Just don't ask the employees to look up any UPCs. If you thought they didn't care before, just wait until you see how they are now. One lady wouldn't even look at me while I was talking to her. :lol

Not sure how a more accurately scaled skiff would work though - it'd be too big for the barge.:dunno

The Haslab barge is already undersized. I don't think it would be a big deal when displayed together. They could even redo the Kenner one like Deeznuts6 said.

Last edited:
30 min countdown has begun. Looks like 8750 will be the final number. Didn't see that coming.

Not even. It’s too small as-is.

What I mean is based on the 3 3/4" figure scale, the Hasbro barge should be twice the height. While a new sculpt would be great for the skiff, if you made it close to accurate size (like the hasbro Snowspeeder for example) - which would in theory be possible with hasbro's appetite for large vehicles - it would be about half the length of the Hasbro barge.

The skiff will probably just be out of scale with the Barge like all the snowspeeder and AT-AT toys.

Yeah, no ATAT has really come close to proper scale like the BMF.

I'd still be all-in on a new skiff, they'd have to fudge the scale a bit though because the scale difference would be a bit more apparent than the Snowsp/ATAT and because the skiff/barge have figures openly in view whereas the figures are hidden in the ATAT/Snowps.

Back