2nd Customizer Figure Challenge DEADFEST '07 development thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I've got two planned, but not enough parts yet to really start either of them! Thankfully, we've got tthree more months!

Right now I've got two planned, but not enough parts yet to really start either of them! Thankfully, we've got tthree more months!

AHA! See why October is such a good thing! :naughty
Good luck on your's Xander. I am sure they will rock us out! :rock
Can't wait to see these! Imagine the variety we are gonna see here!

McHaleyArt, I have added your name to the list.
Hope you can join us.

Hope everyone is getting some work done on their dead dudes! (Or dudettes, or dead hunters...or...) Plenty of time left.

With all the customs activity of late, I let this drop off the 1st page....
Just reminding all involved! :D

Hope everyone is having fun with this second challenge. I need to get to mine! Looks like we will have a large turnout this go round! Look forward to Halloween!

I must say I am having greater success sculpting decomposing skulls than I did with a normal female head.

I was under the assumption that we will be using the standard video game/zombie movie idea that the central nervous system is the key to zombie "life".

I have been doing some rather icky research and I have noticed that there is a definite line where a corpse no longer resembles a corpse. I guess thats the trick to catch the zombie while they still look mostly human.

I was looking through a bag of 1/6 clothing I had got years ago in an ebay lot. I found some khaki shorts and short sleeve field shirt. My immediate reaction was a Steve Irwin custom. Then as I was sculpting a head for deadfest, I briefly thought about Zombie Steve but concluded that would be too tasteless for me. However if anyone is so inclined, feel free to run with the idea.
Strangely, if he were less likable I probably wouldn't have a hard time with it.

Any news and updates here?
Just curious how things are going. Anyone done yet? :lol
It won't be too long now. I've still got my ideas but no start yet. Probably wait til October to get into it full bore.

How about the rest of you? Any news?

Just gathering here, coming up with ideas.... I have one that I am currently working on, but really just a rehash of Jawless Ron... with another sculpt and a different body. Just a few more wounds. I will show it here, but it will not be the main attraction. I have plans for that one. :lol

JAWLESS RON! :D
ALAS...I knew him well! :monkey2

He will always be our undead guide. :D
Jawless Ron 2.0 :lol

Rules! :rock

My one idea doesn't seem to be panning out for getting the parts... but I have a back up I should be able to do instead.

Well, i don't possess the painting skills of some of the gawds on this board, so i'm going for sheer number... I've been trying to do at least one a week since this was first announced and i've got at least seven that I can think of and will hopefully have more....

Last edited:
Ill, ya killin' me! :D

Well, I hope my new idea works out. I am onto a neat concept here, that I wouldn't have thought of in a million years, outside a project like this, but I think it will work. I hope so.

Anyway, can't wait to see this one in about a month and two weeks!
The clock is ticking!

Back