2nd Customizer Figure Challenge DEADFEST '07 development thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished one of mine, working on a second... had to scrap my initial idea for now... as time creeps on and I have not the cash to dump on it. :lol

And my first one is bloody as hell, so hopefully my next one won't depend so much on the gore factor. :D

I'm in on this....with a twist.

Interesting.... Can't wait to see what it is! I know you stole the show last time bro. That mer-hag was pretty sweet!

I am currently coming a little closer to the "Marvel-ous" custom of my own that Ill Jedi was all hyped about. Got my eye on some pretty perfect auctions on Ebay that just might make this a reality. :rock

Stay tuned. :devil

I'm already done with my 2 entries! Might do another if time and money allows, but it looks like it will be just the two for me this go round. But I cannot wait to see what the other guys come up with. :rock

Two entries! MAN! I wish!
I am started on gathering for my one and only, looks like.
Now, to just get it done.
I just hope it qualifies as a Dead or at least a Zombie...it's stretching the envelope a bit. Some of you may say, NOT A ZOMBIE, but I can't think of what else it could be, and it kinda, sorta works....if you twist your head to the left and squint....sorta....
Anyway, maybe I will have the one to post...time willing...

Good luck on you others. I can't wait to see what rears it's ugly heads (or necks with danglers...:D) here in a few weeks time. FOUR WEEKS from now...

OK PEOPLE! SHAG IT!
We only have THREE WEEKS TIL POST DATE! :D

How is everyone doing so far?

Also, I want to remind everyone that this will proceed just like the last one, the Female figure challenge, so there will be a picture post thread, and a comments post thread, ESPECIALLY this go round, so the mass of Zombiefied images are not messed up with gratuitous comments, as this will be a larger field of pics I bet!
Not sure how many are in this go round, this late, so maybe a round of headcount is needed soon.

Here's the list of the involved from the first post:

Figuremasterles
Galactiboy
Ian1138
Xander
Customizerwannabe
Dr. T
Abstractharmony
Batty?
DarkArtist81
Saint Syn
Anzik Hayes
Die
Hurricane
Mudshark
Serpentor
McHaleyArt
Customikey

Any one not here that should be? Anyone drop out?

Mods, once those new threads are created (probably on the 29th or so), if it's possible, can they be stickied like the Female Challenge ones were ? (and maybe unsticky the old ones at that time? Anyone for that? I think we should let the old challenges drop down when this new set gets started...:dunno Food for thought...any ideas? )

So, if you have any updates, non-spoiler if possible, as we want to be surprised here, then let us know your progress if you can or choose to.

Mine, I have started one! Was not sure I was gonna get the chance, but I will have at least ONE figure to post.

Last edited:
That's great news Les!! I'm so excited, can't wait to see what you do! I might actually make a third if I can... :lol

The odds are looking pretty good for it actually, so heads up. :rock

And I think you are dead on the money (no pun intended) about the threads... dropping the old and sticky-ing the new. I think that will be perfect and will bring attention to the newer one and not get anyone confused about where we are posting and replying.

Well I am a firm believer that every figure needs a proper environment, with stuff to knock over and break through. Tonight I will be working on making the mold for my Wrightson inspired head sculpt, and that will finish my third figure.

Third figures! Man! I am so behind!
If I get my one done, and even consider another, it will be sheer madness! :monkey1

But, what I most look forward to is this...
There's gonna be some serious dead dudes in here Halloween Night! :rock

Bring it!

Some teasers to inspire....

Tease1.jpg

Tease2.jpg

Tease3.jpg

Tease4.jpg

Tease6.jpg

Tease7.jpg

Tease9.jpg

Tease8.jpg

Tease10.jpg

Tease11.jpg

Those are unreal Saint Syn! But please don't show too much just yet. :monkey5
Let's try to keep it all a shock for Halloween.

And TEN FIGURES!??? Lord. Saint Syn wins! Oh wait, this isn't a contest! :D

Only three weeks guys! Hang in there!
Tell your friends...spread the word...take a few minutes out from Spooktacular (if you can :lol ) and come see what horrors are obviously gonna rear their ugly custom heads here...

Man, is this gonna be good! :duff

(thanks Saint Syn! That display is both inspiring and unnerving...you are obviously damn good at this! Can't wait for the full reveals....)

Wow....Saint Syn... that looks sick already! I can't wait to see the final stuff!!

For now, here are pics to help keep this thread afloat! :rock

zombies3.jpg

zombies.jpg

marvel_zombies.jpg

evil-dead.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the kudos! It means a lot coming from such talented folks!
Zombies are a personal favorite of mine (duh!) so I've put a lot o'love into these... Hope you all dig the final looks and I am chomping at the bit to see everyone elses!

:rock

I have decided to just refine the one figure I started, and make it be the best it can be, and just not worry about two or more. I know, I hate it, I would love to spend time on another one, but I have so much else to paint and all, I just can't. So, all I have is going into my one. Hope it counts. :D

As for the excitement of this....

:rock :rock :rock :rock

OK, two weeks out TOMORROW!

Can we have a headcount of who's in so far?
Would be nice to see who's actually in.
And, ANYBODY is welcome to join the fray! Make a Zombie or several, for DEADFEST 07!

I'm in with ONE. So far.

OK, two weeks out TOMORROW!

Can we have a headcount of who's in so far?
Would be nice to see who's actually in.
And, ANYBODY is welcome to join the fray! Make a Zombie or several, for DEADFEST 07!

I'm in with ONE. So far.
Yeah guys! Give us your name if you are in...

So far we have:

FiguremasterLes
DarkArtist81
Customikey
saintsyn
Anzik Hayes
Ian1138

These are confirmed, the ones below are not yet. And we also have the wild cards... those making figures and keeping it secret.

Xander
Customizerwannabe
Dr. T
Abstractharmony
Batty?
Die
Hurricane
Mudshark
Serpentor
McHaleyArt

Back