Spring 2014 Custom Kitbash Challenge Idea Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Greetings fellow customizers!!!

I'm planning on the next custom competition to start March first and run until the end of the month... but before that I'd like some ideas for the theme of the challenge.

As before the winner is chosen at random from the completed entries... so all customizers at any level are encouraged to participate :rock

So it could be a genre, specific series, or as one person suggested everyone has to incorporate a specific item.

Once we get a decent amount of suggestions I'll open up a poll and let that be the decider... so throw out some ideas :rock :rock :rock

Ideas so far:
Music/Musical Icons
Original Concept
Re-imagining of a Character
Super Hero's Day Job
Horror
Literary Characters
T.S. Elliot Inspired Characters
Video Game Characters
iconic TV characters from the '80s

Last edited:
How about music icons...Rock, Pop, Classical, Easy Listening!
Mozart would be awesome!!!
Dizzy

I have always heard that spring is like a rebirth. I think it would be cool if we would have to reimagine a character that already exists. Like Michael Myers is a baby sitter or Micky Mouse is a serial killer. These are reimagined characters that do the opposite but any kind of anything reimagined character would be cool.

Alright, I've update the first post with the ideas shared so far...

Shouldn't we just give the award to Seb (Elvis1976)? :rotfl

I'm pretty sure this response pops up for every one of these... and to be clear, this is a random drawing for the winner. So everyone has a fair shot of winning regardless of ability, skills or popularity. These are meant to be fun and to encourage sharing and collaboration, not to single out who is the best :lecture

I disqualify myself since I won the Mechanic Contest. I think a year is appropiate for me being eligible however doesn meant I aint down to make a non-eligible entry. :)

My suggestion is agreed upon reimagined.

Raven Eye, as far as I know those are separate kinds of contests... at this point I don't know who (if anyone) would be providing an incentive for the contest. So as long as you didn't win the last kitbash challenge (that was 8-Bit) you're good to go.

I'll throw out an idea; literary characters.

I could get down on some literary characters! I've been watching a lot of old episodes of Face Off on Syfy and another idea would be to present a fantastic scenario and let the Freaks come up with original characters to fill that world. One of my favorites was a zombie virus has infected Wonderland.

I'm actually liking the music one because I really want to make some black metal musicians. I think this would extremely fun and funny.

I'm actually liking the music one because I really want to make some black metal musicians. I think this would extremely fun and funny.
We could limit the scope to rock... or even those who have "passed over"... Hendrix, Bon Scott... the list goes on

Video game characters! Unless music icons could also be characters from music movies, in which case, either or.

Personally I like these:

Re-imagining of a Character
Original Concept
Literary Characters

We just did horror in Oct. Also Super Hero's Day Job would just be a mundane assortment of Bruce Waynes, Clark Kents, and Peter Parkers, and they wouldn't even be customs. "I bought this outfit and this head and put them together. Ta-Da." Just make it Super Heroes and call it a day.

I would agree with those thoughts... but horror is always a fun genre to work in and maybe something fun could come out of the day jobs. Like Spider-Man bagging groceries or Chad Vader :huh

We'll keep the suggestions coming until maybe the 22nd of February, then leave voting open for another week and look for the official start date of the challenge to be on March 1st :rock

I would agree with those thoughts... but horror is always a fun genre to work in and maybe something fun could come out of the day jobs. Like Spider-Man bagging groceries or Chad Vader :huh

Y'know, that I would have to agree with. I don't typically get to do much horror/gore. Not with the funnybook guys taking over the workbench. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back