212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SSC 212th Clone is the way to go and it is superior looking to the Medicom for sure,even if the helmet is slightly not canon to the CG ones in the film but, i like SSC version better then the movie ones so, down the road i will pick this one up, it totally blows away their Stormtrooper release.

I hear you Valfar, wish all the figs would just come out perfect! (wishful thinking)
The biggest thing with the Stormy for me is the loose joints, especially the ankles otherwise I love it. Boil and shine baby!

We are talking about a armored figure is it not?, and there is the Massive RAH body as well..maybe you never thought about that huh?, the mid section on that regular RAH is the same if not thicker then the BBI its the shoulder width and height that lacks with the regular RAH body..Medicom has tweaked things with their bodies since then..so, that pic has got to be older, thats just a regular RAH body with no extenders and i mean, like said they are different makes and have differences but, i am not seeing the fricken EPIII Medicom Clone looking like a boy..thats just absurd.

Before posting that, you should've looked at your Medicom Stormtrooper body. It's the same as the one in that image, only white. But ...maybe you never thought about that huh?

So, looking at these pics of the Medi and the SSC troopers together..you really think they are off that much to say the medi looks like a boy?..i am not blind at all i swear! or that guy just switched the body on the Medicom because it is a very smige smaller but, not like holy eat something!.

Look how short Medi's arms look. Fully extended, they end just after the hip. And yes, the RAH looks like a boy. :lol

Some peeps don't know what they are talking about.
Medicom Body has many types. Regular kai and massive are just two of the common ones. If you have a variation of Medicom figs(IHaving a few Medicom SW figs is not a variation) you know Medicom have bodies of differnt size and bulk. Spawn, Venom, Carnage, Fist of the North Star are few of the examples.

The one on the pic shows a regular kai body with 5 mm extenders.

The extenders that came with clones are 12mm. And who needs bulk for armored characters? Seems that TDK Bats is using regular body with exteder but is as tall and at the PERFECT(maybe almost) bulk compared to HT TDK fatman.

Again, see the subject matter being discussed. Valfar responded to Josh calling the Medicom Stormtrooper a boy. It was the Medicom stormtrooper body, which, again, is identical to the one in the picture I posted except for slightly bigger extenders and being white. Additionally, it's not just the height, but the physical proportions too. The arms are considerably shorter, shoulders are narrower as well and the chest less broad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before posting that, you should've looked at your Medicom Stormtrooper body. It's the same as the one in that image, only white. But ...maybe you never thought about that huh?

Oh great, the troll has awoken!..I am well aware of that its the same body but, the Stomie has larger extenders unlike the one in that pic and why the hell would i want any more mass on a armored body?, medicom are king for armored figures, just look at their TDK Batman or Kamen figures now STFU..go write about airsoft or something.

Again, see the subject matter being discussed. Valfar responded to Josh calling the Medicom Stormtrooper a boy.

Uhh, he was calling the Medicom EPIII Clone a boy and yet its pretty much the same height as the SSC one and even look at the forearm gauntlets on the Medicom, they are thicker..but, whatever they match up pretty good..now if this ****** knew anything about armor accuracy then he would STFU again if he realized Medicom's Stormtrooper got most pieces of the armor (even if they are not separated in the torso,which i think is canon anyway) like the shin and thigh armor being shaped more like the ones on screen and not loose and bloated, and we get a more accurate looking helmet with that as well(even if its not ANH style). SSC got lots right on their Stormie but, not on the more important areas like the helmet,leg armor,body being loose,loose ankles,no shine at all on the armor,paint rub on the hands,aereators not even close to being canon and needing touch ups,chest piece needs boiling,bad paint aps on brow(mine is fine though),eyes have overspray,burrs on some pieces of the armor and so on, that figure needed lots of work out of the box..its like you don't freaking understand.

Look how short Medi's arms look. Fully extended, they end just after the hip. And yes, the RAH looks like a boy.

Nope and nope!, not on my Medicom Stormtrooper.With arms fully extended down the sides, the hands reach quarter to mid thigh level, and you know we all just love SSC Jedi monkey man Lukes arms right? and the other chracters they did with various deformities and large heads.

Last edited:

Look how short Medi's arms look. Fully extended, they end just after the hip. And yes, the RAH looks like a boy. :lol

Again, see the subject matter being discussed. Valfar responded to Josh calling the Medicom Stormtrooper a boy. It was the Medicom stormtrooper body, which, again, is identical to the one in the picture I posted except for slightly bigger extenders and being white. Additionally, it's not just the height, but the physical proportions too. The arms are considerably shorter, shoulders are narrower as well and the chest less broad.

So it could look like SSC's 212th trooper.

Namecalling is weak. :lecture

This guy stirs the pot with his endless BS so, i grow tired of him..he is like troll under the bridge and he quotes things i say and then replies with things that never even had to do with what i was originally talking about, and like stated earlier, Medicom has lots of different modified bodies they release...i don't see anyone mentioning the long list of mods as negatives that were needed for the SSC Stormie to look passable at most..oh but, we just can't have that right?.

As it stands, like i said before..both Medicom and SSC clones look like they display well with eachother and yes, the SSC Clone is probally their best looking armored figure yet in terms of paint application,while not canon to the CG clones still looks better then the Medicom one,better looking weapons,more weapons but, i am sure loose armor and loose ankles and not being able to stand might plague this new Clone..and hey! would loose armor remind you of someone not being big enough in it to begin with?, my SSC is loose with loose armor, Medicom is not loose at all.

Booyackashaa! i am done with the BS debate on Medicom vs Sideshow..i came in praising this new figure and still have to stick up for Medicom because of people presenting false info about Medicoms version of a Clonetrooper.

Last edited:
But from what I can tell from every picture I've seen, the minor mods that need to be done to the SSC stormtrooper leave it looking a lot better than Medicom's. There's no way to improve what's wrong with the little one. It may be tight, but it still doesn't look as solid, nor is it capable of the same degree of articulation.

Look, until these came out, Sideshow fans listened to non-stop comparisons of Medicom's god-awesome stormtroopers and clones, against Sideshow's (expected to be) god-awful non-existent stormtroopers and non-existent clones. What do you expect to have to do when Sideshow puts out stormtroopers and clones that are better (or in the stormie's case, capable of better)? You certainly can't rest on laurels. They've been passed.

This guy stirs the pot with his endless BS so, i grow tired of him..he is like troll under the bridge and he quotes things i say and then replies with things that never even had to do with what i was originally talking about, and like stated earlier, Medicom has lots of different modified bodies they release...i don't see anyone mentioning the long list of mods as negatives that were needed for the SSC Stormie to look passable at most..oh but, we just can't have that right?.

As it stands, like i said before..both Medicom and SSC clones look like they display well with eachother and yes, the SSC Clone is probally their best looking armored figure yet in terms of paint application,while not canon to the CG clones still looks better then the Medicom one,better looking weapons,more weapons but, i am sure loose armor and loose ankles and not being able to stand might plague this new Clone..and hey! would loose armor remind you of someone not being big enough in it to begin with?, my SSC is loose with loose armor, Medicom is not loose at all.

Booyackashaa! i am done with the BS debate on Medicom vs Sideshow..i came in praising this new figure and still have to stick up for Medicom because of people presenting false info about Medicoms version of a Clonetrooper.

Well said, ppl seemed to ignore the amount of mods needed to get the SSC Stormie to look right.

From the pics,I do agree that the SSC Clone looks better in terms of paint & weapons but loose joints on a figure is a no no and having to spend money to replace the body is a bigger no. I've mentioned this before, My Clonobi left arm broke within one hour of simple posing.The joints were so loose that he could hardly hold his poses, if the 212th has the same tightness as Clonobi, I may just let
sell it and keep the weapons.

I still maintain that the SSC Clone helmet is inaccurate but ppl will probably start calling me a nit picker...but we dont really need that since, its been debated to death already previously.

But then I will wait until I received the figure in hand before passing anymore judgement....so SS please ship it to my local distributor soon, thks!

But from what I can tell from every picture I've seen, the minor mods that need to be done to the SSC stormtrooper leave it looking a lot better than Medicom's. There's no way to improve what's wrong with the little one. It may be tight, but it still doesn't look as solid, nor is it capable of the same degree of articulation.

Look, until these came out, Sideshow fans listened to non-stop comparisons of Medicom's god-awesome stormtroopers and clones, against Sideshow's (expected to be) god-awful non-existent stormtroopers and non-existent clones. What do you expect to have to do when Sideshow puts out stormtroopers and clones that are better (or in the stormie's case, capable of better)? You certainly can't rest on laurels. They've been passed.

How is a loose POS that can not even stand better?, how is not having plastic ribbing on the neck of a stormtrooper but, just cheap stitched fabric better?,how is rather then molding a stormtroopers left calf armor with properly raised texture instead by adding some piece that looks like a set of teeth glued into the calf better?,how is making a stormtroopers crotch plate the size of a young boys better?,how is making the chest plate tailored for a man with a fat chest and possible man titties better?..If Sideshow did atleast put a sticker on the box saying "warning,this figure looks like a fat guy with a small peter!,we got lazy so please boil chest armor,shine not included(we tricked you!), stand at own risk!".

Last edited:
:dunno

When it's modded, it still looks better. A lot better. (Who does that speak worse for?)

But when it comes to the clones, there is no contest whatsoever.

no need for words.

calf armor on left leg is correct on Medicom and Sideshow WTF is that?, and really how long ago did the Medicom come out before the SSC was developed?, long time now..and really, just think about this. Would a woman take a tall man with a short "one" over a shorter man with a bigger "one"? :lol.

You just won't let this go will you, but please carry on it's quite entertaining.

Pretty much :lecture People here had to read post after post from the Medi-folk who felt like they needed to ram it down the throats that the Medicom figure was better. It was when it had nothing to go against but thats not the case now even with Valfar making every inaccurate excuse he can. SS Clone looks to be that much better than Medicoms figures which doesn't knock how nice those came out by the way.

I liked these areas SSC had to offer.
Price
Paint job
Posability-stand or not
More realistic look
Fisted hands
Rifle
No sending in my figs for paint

These are just my opinions and how I broke it down.
I think they are both nice figs and both have Positives and Negatives.
SSC wins for me

Have to agree with your observations... the SSC does become a better option. Also, the detail on the hand sculpts is much better... the Medi are fairly soft on detail whereas the SSC hands have little fabric wrinkles and seams added in.

Back