2016 Presidential Election Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave is probably a republican. Wonder if he likes or hates them guns, immigrants, and economy. Gays is old issue now or is it? Hhehe. :monkey1

Dave likes dolls, and as far as this site goes, that's all anyone should care about.

Well dolls and the Portugese presidential election, pretty sure tally night is going to be a big one at Dave's place!

I hear Dave is inviting every Freak 35 years and over for the party! :yess:

tumblr_np848lC7Dl1uwmtq8o1_500.gif

There actually is age discrimination in this country. Happens all the time at all levels. Must be 35 years old to run for President. Age 14 to work. Teachers dismissing students or ignoring them when a student proves them wrong (happened to me a few times). Adults valuing the opinion of those same age and devaluing the opinion of those younger. Following a group of kids around in the mall, but not a group of adults. I can go on. You see it all the time.

Wait till you're older and see what you do.

As for discrimination, there's no age group discriminated against more than the elderly.

Wait till you're older and see what you do.

With age comes wisdom. Something the majority of young adults just don't understand or aknowledge, IMO. However having said that; it's my experience that there are those rare few who are wise beyond their years.

[/QUOTE]As for discrimination, there's no age group discriminated against more than the elderly.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Dammit.....and I'm 29.

:monkey3

Women & Freaks with tenure are exempt. :lol

Last edited:
Funny.....

Mods should have at least give it a legitimate chance instead of jumping to conclusions. I never understood the fearful political talk. I have friends who I disagree with greatly when it comes to politics.... but we are still friends. :dunno

Politics tend to be a sensitive topic for many people being that many individuals are steadfast in what they believe in (religion is another one). I feel it's probably easier to have a mature political discussion in person with close friends, even if you disagree with one another. It may get a little heated, but most of the time at the end of the day, you're still friends like you mentioned.

However, when you get a group of random strangers discussing it, especially in anonymity on a message board on the Internet, it tends to incite a pretty intense and heated flame war. The anonymity of the Internet tends to bring out the dark side (no pun intended) in people. The high A, low A rule: High anonymity, low accountability.

Meh ...folks in this forum argue over dolls, doll making companies, movies....things much less real. Why should politics be any different. I say let em go at it.....:stooge

It is OBVIOUS... O B V I O U S that Hillary will win. It pains me to say it but it is pretty much a fact that next nov she will be in the white house.

( the GOP is already working on taking trump down. Looks like they rather lose the election than let trump get it)

So there is not even any point in arguing about the obvious

It is OBVIOUS... O B V I O U S that Hillary will win. It pains me to say it but it is pretty much a fact that next nov she will be in the white house.

( the GOP is already working on taking trump down. Looks like they rather lose the election than let trump get it)

So there is not even any point in arguing about the obvious

Wait, is that from the magical brony land called America? This is a discussion about the next successor for Portugese President, Anibal Cavaco Silva (did I spell that correctly? I can hardly pronounce his name).

I'm supporting the other guy... whose name I can barely pronounce, either. The people of Portugal need change, and the time for change is now!

I should have quoted darkseed and silverstar lol

I was just replying that arguing about politics at least as far as America goes is ppintless

I should have quoted darkseed and silverstar lol

I was just replying that arguing about politics at least as far as America goes is ppintless

The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work again.

I know many freaks are interested in who will be the successor of the current Portugese President Aníbal Cavaco Silva.

Will it be the corruption-fighting Paolo Morais? Previous contestant Fernando Nobre? I know former European Commissioner Antonio Vittorino is favoured by many. Current Deputy-PM Paolo Portas has a strong track record in politics while Manuela Ferreira Leite has experience in finance.

This is set to be a riveting race!

I know this will be difficult given the passionate feelings freaks have about Portugese politics, but please keep this discussion cordial :peace

The two should sort it out with an arm wrestling contest, if their not macho men then maybe paper, scissors, stone.

Back