2006 unannounced 12" predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I predict no more Bond figures except Daniel Craig in tuxedo. I predict no Indiana Jones either - I doubt Hasbro will let the licence go until they've put out a couple of 12" Indy figures for Indy 4. But hopefully I'm wrong on both counts.

There'll be a Boba Fett this year.

I wouldn't count on any 12"ers from any of the majors. I see a near complete pull out of that scale. Hasbro had no problem partnering up with Sideshow for Star Wars... I see the same situation with Indy. But I don't know WHO knows the rights at this point.

Since Lucas has a MAJOR stock interest in Hasbro.... :D

I don't for a minute think that Sideshow only cares about money and sales. They do care about the desires of the fans. However, don't poor sales indicate the desires of the fans to a certain extent? Figures from Buffy, Bond, X-Files, Highlander, Apes, etc. remain in stock, often at a 25% mark down. Why, after having such a hard time selling the ones they made, would Sideshow be in a hurry to make more?

I'd expect that the future of Sideshow is in the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings 12" lines. Which line are the fans really getting behind--the ones that sell out in an hour, or a year? Like it or not, sales are a barometer of fan interest.

They might continue, ala Skinner and Krycek, to produce small runs of web exclusive figures in the interest of finishing a line with a sense of completion. That's why we'll see a Giles eventually, and maybe even a Brosnan era "M" someday. (Who could say no to an action figure of Dame Judi Dench?)

Back