2005 "I won..." Spooktacular Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm bummed... the Sideshow catalog and website give two different answers to their final question. I gave the answer from the catalog, but the website lists it differently. Which one are they going to go by?

How do you know who was first? Some of you are saying that you were not first already.

I sent my entry as well for the Scavenger Hunt. I actually finished a few minutes after everyone. I did as Sideshow asked to read everything carefully before seeking out the final clue. That wasn't necessary. :p

My Road Runner didn't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world, too. Thankfully, the final question wasn't a LOTR question. I probably would have spent an hour looking for it... again.

Good luck to all.

Thanks Sideshow. The Scavenger Hunt was fun. :banana

That's what I entered- the catalog lists January of 1998. The "About Sideshow" section of the website says that they started selling the Universal Monsters line in 1999. Check it out if you don't believe me. So there is a conflict- which date is the correct answer? It seems like January '98 should be the right one, but the contest said the answer could be found on the website, which doesn't say January '98, but rather 1999... I want to be correctly entered as a runner up potential- so what to do?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=about&source=leftnav&kw=ABOUT_SIDESHOW

PS- Who was the winner? Somebody from the SSF boards? Hope so. Congratulations to whoever!

It said the answer was on the website.......so I would assume that they wanted the answer from the website.....not the catalog.

Not sure whether the winner is a freak or not. Don't think so though.

BTW, the contest is still active so don't give the answer out yet. The runners up are drawn randomly from all correct entries submitted by 11:59 pm pst tonight

Also, Universal Monster banner up

Bummer, I found the answer but there are two different dates on the SS site, oh well - it was fun! :google I guess it was just the one they chose of the two.

Man this sucks,
I sent my answers in and I was delayed several times when I sent them because there was a problem with "the"......?
So I look at the answers and finally click on the first "the " and it wouldn't except my entry because I accidentally hit the space bar after the word! :banghead That's bulls#!%.
Then I send my answer in for the second question realizing I sent in the wrong date "In what year did Sideshow first license its products under the Sideshow brand" question (I'm sure of it).
So I tried sending in the right answer and Sideshow says I can't because I already entered an answer in.
So I lost out on that one, I won't be a runner up. :(

And is anybody else's email swamped with 20 of these emails?
contests@sideshowcol... Thanks for your Entry! Oct 31 2KB
I'm so tired of entering these stupid contests only to lose every time.
There's still another couple to go before I have to find out if I come in as a runner up. It looks like the only way I'm going to get something free is with my order I placed during Spooktacular, and then it'll probably be a key chain or a catalog. :mad:
I also think the specials should be available throughout the event.
I changed my mind and wanted to buy the $30 Taylor with free Gorilla Enforcer figure but I'm too late.

LOTRFan said:
Bummer, I found the answer but there are two different dates on the SS site, oh well - it was fun! :google I guess it was just the one they chose of the two.

I saw this comment earlier - where's the other date on the site? (not in the catalog, which includes the PDF download because that's technically a download, not a web page). I'm only seeing one and I've searched and searched (you can PM me so that you don't give the answer away to those who have not completed the contest yet). Seriously, I'm starting to think that there's just no such thing as a Sideshow contest without controversy :google (BTW, we received over 300 entries in the first 2 hours! I'm happy that it was a popular contest, at least :banana)

screamingmetal said:
I sent my answers in and I was delayed several times when I sent them because there was a problem with "the"......?
So I look at the answers and finally click on the first "the " and it wouldn't except my entry because I accidentally hit the space bar after the word! That's bulls#!%.

I'm sorry that you are upset, but it clearly states on the form (in bold orange font):

'don't include punctuation, extra spaces, etc.'

I can't feel bad for you if you didn't read the directions and got in a big hurry. :peace I hope you at least had a little bit of fun participating... and btw, our form accepts one entry PER EMAIL ADDRESS *hint hint* (not that I'm encouraging people to sign up for TOO many sock puppet emails addies, but I don't think it'd be THAT big a deal if you wanted to try one more time... ;) )

Last edited:
Remember there always can only be one winner. It's the participating that counts.
The contest kept me busy for quite a few hours as I'm not really familiar with a lot of the movies or characters which provided the answers to the clues..............but I severed and am happy that I could submit an answer.
Thumbs up for everybody who managed to find the answer and thanks SSC for the challenge.
:D

Back