2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. UPDATE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. Interested?

Yeah, I agree that the "pitting" on 21B's head and torso is pretty prominent. Is there an easy way to add that randomly without laboriously having to sculpt individual portions? It's almost like a concrete or stone surface.

Also, one of the things that nearly all 21B sculpts get wrong is that the lines on the transparent belly and back of the neck are uneven, not clean parallel lines. It was meant to mimic bandages.

And the eyes are looking PERFECT, Rusty!:clap Great depth too. In looking at the face/head overall, I think the only other aspects left are:

1. (in red) the underside of the cheek lines aren't sharp enough - the prop's cheeklines have quite hard/sharp points and almost flat underside
2. (in yellow) the neck portion is too sharply angled/tapered, it should be more straight vertical.
3. (in green) the "microphone mouth" should have a flatter topline (it's currently too rounded) and the whole mouth needs to be slid a bit higher up the face

fkpNB1e.jpg

Yeah, I agree that the "pitting" on 21B's head and torso is pretty prominent. Is there an easy way to add that randomly without laboriously having to sculpt individual portions? It's almost like a concrete or stone surface.

Also, one of the things that nearly all 21B sculpts get wrong is that the lines on the transparent belly and back of the neck are uneven, not clean parallel lines. It was meant to mimic bandages.

And the eyes are looking PERFECT, Rusty!:clap Great depth too. In looking at the face/head overall, I think the only other aspects left are:

1. (in red) the underside of the cheek lines aren't sharp enough - the prop's cheeklines have quite hard/sharp points and almost flat underside
2. (in yellow) the neck portion is too sharply angled/tapered, it should be more straight vertical.
3. (in green) the "microphone mouth" should have a flatter topline (it's currently too rounded) and the whole mouth needs to be slid a bit higher up the face

fkpNB1e.jpg

Great color coded suggestions! As far as the pitting wouldn't it be pretty simple to do with something sharp and really fine. Seems the texture would be much easier achieved than the paint.

This guy is looking great already Rusty!

Here is an extreme close up of 21B's face to see that surface texture. There are some finer details on the face that I wanted to point out - not sure if they are all worth adding.

1. (in red) - in addition to the triangle of "light holes" in each eye socket, there are three added parts - a small tube and cone in the socket to the right and what appears to be the inner nozzle/nib of a writing pen in the socket to the left.

2. (in aqua blue) - there is some detailing within the 1950s microphone. Supposedly it is the same ribbed part that is glued onto the front of Han's blaster.

3. (in purple) - a clearer pic showing how the "ribbing" lines on the clear parts are uneven and not straight.

4. (in green) - a distinct "ring" that the head spins on.

dqSRbHO.jpg

I'm just about maxxed out on revisions, but think he's pretty solid! I still need to add the 'neck ring'
Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 5.02.02 PM.jpg

RustyJ, that's looking fantastic! :clap Thank you for doing this!
I will be displaying it alongside my 2-1B head I built from the Zorg kit.
20191007_093942.jpg

It's looking way more 21B now, Rusty. That "chest medallion" you added looks just superb. Way more accurate than even any 1:1 21B I've ever seen. The arms are looking much better, as is the relationship of the head to the body.

The only other two points on the body are: the "shoulder pads"/chest-shoulders really have quite flat surfaces with sharp edges and hard corners on them. Your shoulder pads still look a bit too rounded all over. And the "notch" (where his "pants" meet the clear torso) above the crotch area still needs to be widened by about a 1/3, but that's a super-fast change.

Can the microphone mouth still be dragged up a bit? That seems to be the only revision you didn't do.

KOl0nQV.png

And were you able do that ESB style set of legs vs the existing Hasbro POTF2 style legs seen earlier? Because it has no actual feet, I think either the Hasbro feet you've already sculpted or something like the vintage Kenner feet (which are just like domes) would be fine.

qcUqB7Q.png

And re inside the clear torso, sorry, I don't think I ever sent this to you (shows the inner workings as they appear in ESB medical center). Maybe if you're burnt out with this project people can use this to build their own torso innards.

9zSppUj.png

Moved mouth piece up, added neck 'hinge', widened belt buckle area, and sharpened up chest edges! Will work on Empire leg designs and call it a day!!
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 5.22.25 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 5.20.07 PM.jpg

Arm thickness looks great 👍🏽 Looking forward to this. Thanks J

This looks fantastic now with the revisions. Thanks for putting up with us and our endless nitpicking. :D

Final pic attached! Updated left leg design to closer match Empire! I need 15 deposits to move forward, clear printing will get pricey. Message me for payment info.
Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 3.07.00 PM.jpg

Re: 2-1B 1:6 scale resin kit. Taking Deposits!

ESB Legs look great Rusty! Can you post a couple of higher resolution pic of the overall figure?

And are you saying that perhaps the torso/belly and neck areas may not be able to be printed in clear plastic, or they'll be higher than the $140 quoted earlier?

And one minor note - the "chest medallion" sculpt you've done is brilliant, but I just noticed that you made it the same size as the old one, which is much larger. Here is ref for the correct sizing, which is maybe 1/3 smaller than how you have it right now.

fetHPx2.png

So did he really have two different legs? Or are you just showing the difference between old and new there?

So did he really have two different legs? Or are you just showing the difference between old and new there?

Looks like Rusty based the first legs set on the Hasbro POTF2 legs (which aren't really based on ESB, ROTJ or the later exhibition legs.)

The old Kenner 21B legs are more based on ESB. The ROTJ legs aren't really visible from the thighs down, but the thighs are thinner than the ESB version (I think they took the lower ribbed portion of the ESB legs and used it for the thighs in ROTJ, but the legs aren't even attached to the body in ROTJ.)

Updated chest medallion sizing.
To clarify- neck/torso will be clear and at the $140 price point!
New pics attached in new post!
ESB Legs look great Rusty! Can you post a couple of higher resolution pic of the overall figure?

And are you saying that perhaps the torso/belly and neck areas may not be able to be printed in clear plastic, or they'll be higher than the $140 quoted earlier?

And one minor note - the "chest medallion" sculpt you've done is brilliant, but I just noticed that you made it the same size as the old one, which is much larger. Here is ref for the correct sizing, which is maybe 1/3 smaller than how you have it right now.

fetHPx2.png

Latest pics- both legs will match the new design.
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 8.53.21 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 8.53.32 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 8.53.52 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back