1st 1/4 SSE Mummy on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its gonna take awhile, but if SS really does release 3 UniMonsters this year to kick start the line again, the SSE Mummy will pull in really good $$ down the road.

occulum said:
I think its gonna take awhile, but if SS really does release 3 UniMonsters this year to kick start the line again, the SSE Mummy will pull in really good $$ down the road.

To be honest, if I had the space and money to hold to them, I wouldn't have sold any of my Sideshow pieces, especially the Premium Format figures, maquettes and life-size busts. I think that they are still too "new" on the market, and if you can give them 5 to 10 years, they will be worth a lot more than we paid! It is sad to see that most of the PF and busts sell for less than original retail right now. So pieces like the SSE Mummy will reach a "grail" like status with corresponding value, sometime in the future! Just my opinion...

Thank you very much Monster.

Peace and friendship it is then?? :peace

JS :)

lcummins said:
To be honest, if I had the space and money to hold to them, I wouldn't have sold any of my Sideshow pieces, especially the Premium Format figures, maquettes and life-size busts. I think that they are still too "new" on the market, and if you can give them 5 to 10 years, they will be worth a lot more than we paid! It is sad to see that most of the PF and busts sell for less than original retail right now. So pieces like the SSE Mummy will reach a "grail" like status with corresponding value, sometime in the future! Just my opinion...

Yeah Lonnie like your Son Of Frankenstein SSE. :lol

I too have something that is "grail" like status I will give you a clue.

Size is not everything! :lol :rotfl

Last edited:
So help me decide, fellow freaks. The wife has decreed that one of my Mummies must go to the auction block, but I am completely befuddled at deciding which one to part with. Yes, all of my other Universal pieces are SSEs, but I have to say that the color version of the Mummy has really grown on me. It matches the movie poster so well. And, truth be told, the color palette used in this piece is so limited that it takes on a sort of monochromatic effect on it's own.

What should I do?

mummy01.jpg

sse_mum01.jpg

RoboDad said:
So help me decide, fellow freaks. The wife has decreed that one of my Mummies must go to the auction block, but I am completely befuddled at deciding which one to part with. Yes, all of my other Universal pieces are SSEs, but I have to say that the color version of the Mummy has really grown on me. It matches the movie poster so well. And, truth be told, the color palette used in this piece is so limited that it takes on a sort of monochromatic effect on it's own.

What should I do?

mummy01.jpg

sse_mum01.jpg
I would keep the SSE. After seeing pics of it and owning the color, I think it looks better. However you could sell the SSE and essentially have a color Mummy that only cost you around $150.00 when you factor in what you will make on the SSE.

Oh yeah and which ever one you decide to sell, have fun packing it back up.:chew :chew :chew

If the edition size had no influence, and going by looks alone, I'd definitely
keep the colored version of the Mummy PF. The painting on the lid having
so many vibrant colors really makes the difference to me, where on the SSE
it is just all grey, which to me is pretty dull looking in comparison.

My .02.

JS :)

if I were you, Id trouble shoot the future.
in other words, what if you decided later you made the wrong decision. Which one would you have the toughest time trying to pick up again a year+ from now?

for me at least , that answer would be obvious.

that said, I too plan to try to pick up the color eventually. I just like this piece that much. It would be the only color UniMonster in my collection.

RoboDad said:

What should I do?

mummy01.jpg

sse_mum01.jpg

RoboDad keep your SSE trust me. :)

NO NO...YOU GOTTA KEEP THE SSE TO GO WITH THE REST OF YOUR COLLECTION AND KEEP THE COLOR ONE ALSO..CAUSE YOU SEEMS TO LIKE IT A LITTLE BIT MORE...JUST HIDE IT SOMEWHERE , AT A FRIENDS HOUSE, IN YOUR OFFICE, ANYWHERE...TELL YOUR WIFE YOU SOLD IT ON THE BAY...AND INVITE HER TO THE RESTAURANT...:lol

The Monster said:
I was thinking the same thing, Keep them both RoboDad.

You will be sorry if you do not, Trust me :D

See Anton even I had to keep both of these! :rotfl

Heh. heh. heh. I say keep them both...if you can afford it. Otherwise, get rid of the one that will make you more money or the one you like the least depending on how badly you could use some extra cabbage.:naughty

I'm impressed Monster. But would you buy a color Masque, an SSE Masque or just skip it, or buy both? MOOOHOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Anton Phibes said:
Heh. heh. heh. I say keep them both...if you can afford it. Otherwise, get rid of the one that will make you more money or the one you like the least depending on how badly you could use some extra cabbage.:naughty

I'm impressed Monster. But would you buy a color Masque, an SSE Masque or just skip it, or buy both? MOOOHOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

In this case I would have to buy the Red that is the whole point to the Masque. However, SSE would come first, So somehow I would have to get the cash for both of them. :google

Last edited:
RoboDad said:
And, truth be told, the color palette used in this piece is so limited that it takes on a sort of monochromatic effect on it's own.

What should I do?
That's a good argument for the figure, itself, but, once you factor in the sarcophagus, I think it becomes less compelling. The blues, reds. greens, and golds of the color edition bring out the detail much better than the grayscale scheme.

But, since your PF UM collection is comprised of SSE's you should probably keep the gray for continuity, and, as others have pointed out, it may be the more difficult piece the track down in the future.

If you do decide to sell the gray, I hope you will offer it to a fellow board member in the the spirit of the "Mummy Lottery Buddy Thread." I recall Jeff A. Simon and Vince were both left out in the cold.

plzg.jpg

Back