15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think with a repaint and shorted forearms this could be a much better looking figure. But those surprised eyes are a deathnail as far as production pieces.

Yeah, the painted eyes are extremely unfortunate. Really kills what actually looks like a good figure overall.

Like I said, I'm gonna have to spend an additional $30 to have Josh repaint the head and do some other customizations myself to fix the arms and get rid of that horrible black string :)monkey4) just to get this to look right. And that's a damn shame. :monkey2

I considered it especially as hard as Q2 is set to hit but with Obi coming and having the custom Ani already at least she fits in somewhere...

I'm seriously debating it. If I get a lazy eye one, then definitely. This may be the first SS figure I actually return for a refund. I'm NOT happy with the pics I've seen so far.

The history of this figure is kind of funny. So many times fans wish that toy companies make a certain figure. Then Sideshow has a poll on which EU character fans want. Padme is chosen then comes out so badly that many don't want it. So is the whole poll thing a success or a bomb?

i think it woulda been fine if she had come out well. For the record tho, i still want a Mara Jade figure. I would buy her so friggin fast... :chew

whoops i meant has not shipped. it was originally on the wait list but it converted a long time ago so i don't know if that factors into it.

whoops i meant has not shipped. it was originally on the wait list but it converted a long time ago so i don't know if that factors into it.

thanks for the reply. hope she comes soon, as i am interested to make an in-hand evaluation.

The history of this figure is kind of funny. So many times fans wish that toy companies make a certain figure. Then Sideshow has a poll on which EU character fans want. Padme is chosen then comes out so badly that many don't want it. So is the whole poll thing a success or a bomb?

I think most of us wouldn't have put her on the poll. Perhaps there should have been a pre-poll poll.

The odd thing about the poll was that Padme was down until like the last day and then got a huge boost of votes to win. I don't know if its true, but I remember hearing that some group organized a large voting campaign for her which pushed her over.

So at least they are probably happy w/the choice :lol Although seeing as how Asajj came out first my guess is that is who SS figured would get made first.

The odd thing about the poll was that Padme was down until like the last day and then got a huge boost of votes to win. I don't know if its true, but I remember hearing that some group organized a large voting campaign for her which pushed her over.

That's what I heard and read several places as well GB.

Back