15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like I remember hearing that Padme ended up on the poll at LFL's suggestion. I could just be pulling that out of my ass though, it was so long ago.

Maybe Sideshow should have let fans choose which character they wanted, then narrow it down to the top five, then poll a winner.

Funny how Sideshow hasn't updated their site with pictures of the final product. I know Dusty was on here saying how the pics on the site are so close to the production that there's no need to update. I call shenanigans. The Padme figure on the site is NOT the one we're getting... unfortunately. Has SS ever done this whole "paint the eyes to the left" as a "surprise" before? At least we KNEW about Leia in advance.

That bring up a funny question, she was the first (and only apparently) FAN CHOICE figure. Yet none of that fanfare was included on the box....you'd at least expect a sticker that said Sideshow Exclusive or something but nope not a thing.....

I'm no longer concerned...

Josh (DarkArtist) has agreed to repaint my Padme headsculpt as well as a 2nd one for a custom Evey Hammond figure.

:rock :banana :chew :rock :banana :chew

I'm no longer concerned...

Josh (DarkArtist) has agreed to repaint my Padme headsculpt as well as a 2nd one for a custom Evey Hammond figure.

That's awesome, Irish. I'm sure Josh will do an amazing job.

But I've never needed to have any of my SS figures repainted before. Why should I start now? That's a lot of extra $$ to spend fixing something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

But I've never needed to have any of my SS figures repainted before. Why should I start now? That's a lot of extra $$ to spend fixing something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I don't disagree with you at all. And I'm not happy about it, trust me.

I'm also going to do surgery on her monkey arms and figure out how to replace that god awful black string with a proper white or blue one.

In the end, since I have the figure I'd at least rather it looks as good as possible.

The odd thing about the poll was that Padme was down until like the last day and then got a huge boost of votes to win. I don't know if its true, but I remember hearing that some group organized a large voting campaign for her which pushed her over.

I don't know about the large voting block but I do remember that she came from the rear to win the poll at what seemed like the last minute.

In regards to the whole "you voted for it, don't whine when it's not how you wanted it" ... the vast majority of buyers DIDN'T vote for Padme. SS fully expected Asajj to win (hence why we got her sooner). I do believe it was a Padme fan group that organized a huge last minute boost and here is the fake winner. $20 says none of those people that gave her that huge last day boost bought her.

In regards to the whole "you voted for it, don't whine when it's not how you wanted it" ... the vast majority of buyers DIDN'T vote for Padme. SS fully expected Asajj to win (hence why we got her sooner). I do believe it was a Padme fan group that organized a huge last minute boost and here is the fake winner. $20 says none of those people that gave her that huge last day boost bought her.

This is the way I see it. We knew basically the nature of the beast going in to PPO day. Doesn't matter who voted for what or whatever it is. If you ordered it you wanted it. If you voted against Padme but bought her anyway (knowing the proto was not exactly great) you have yerself to blame. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I agree about Asajj. They fully expected Asajj to win. :lol

I got my Padme at Comic Con and while I didn't vote for her I saw the potential in the figure. What irks me most is the sneaky eye paint job. Although I am tempted to get a second and have eyes redone, glove to arm proportion worked on and the like.

yeah, I would really like to know who OK'd the eyes and what they were thinking. :confused:

And really, as much as I love Dusty, Id have to call shennanagins on her saying that there were almost no changes from proto to production because the eye thing is a HUGE change. Could you imagine someone ordering it if it goes up on second chance or something and then they get shifty eyed Padme?

Mine has been delivered, but I'm stuck at school until 8PM.

And Pix, I love your new custom title and avatar! :lol

Thank you BM! I like it too! :rock

Per Dusty, well the eyes are small relative to the rest of the body.. so maybe that was the "small" change she referred to. :lol

Well I know when she eventually gets displayed by myself it will be a somewhat dynamic pose, with her looking to the side and lots of Top Stick on the cape. :lol

I know there was some ****** on Sir Steve's guide that admitted to asking all his friends and family to vote for her and to making up several fake emails to push Panda Bear to the top. I believe there might've been one on Rebel Scum that did that too.
There was also the contingent of people who hate the EU and wanted her to win because she was the least EU type of character in the poll.

But I think the reasons we got Asajj first was because there was some hold up with getting Padme's likeness approved since she's based on a real person, and because Sideshow knew there was a lot of strife with fans for including an arguably non EU Character in the poll and for the cheating that occurred.

Back