15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is you would have to chop a bit of the forearm down... I imagine the wrist of the glove is too slim to accommodate the wrist peg from the buck, so its placed further down on the glove.

I'm thinking that I may try to just remove the peg comletely. If you pull off the gloves you can see that the arm ends where the hand should begin. So without the peg it might be possible to push the glove on far enough that it looks right.

I'm thinking that I may try to just remove the peg comletely. If you pull off the gloves you can see that the arm ends where the hand should begin. So without the peg it might be possible to push the glove on far enough that it looks right.

Good idea, and since the wrist joint is a moot point you could glue it in place and still have the swivel forearm for articulation. Post some pics if you make the mods, I think that will make a huge difference.

Try that and let us know how it worked. :monkey3

I think that'll work fine; at least she'll have some articulation still, unlike that babysitter zombie.

I kind of like this figure, I like how the outfit turned out afterall. The sculpt is obviously spot on, and the paint apps are decent. The problem with the eyes is not that they're turned to the side, but that they havent been painted with realistic human details (pink skin on the inside of the eyelids, stretched over to one side when the eyes are looking sideways, tear ducts in the corners etc) with those details in place this head, and subsequently the whole figure would look great i think.

oh.... but those arms will need shortening at the gloves still :monkey1

I kind of like this figure, I like how the outfit turned out afterall. The sculpt is obviously spot on, and the paint apps are decent. The problem with the eyes is not that they're turned to the side, but that they havent been painted with realistic human details (pink skin on the inside of the eyelids, stretched over to one side when the eyes are looking sideways, tear ducts in the corners etc) with those details in place this head, and subsequently the whole figure would look great i think.
Those Mr. Spock eyebrows need fixing too.

i think this figure is not the best but ... not the worst they have made

review_yavinluke_1.jpg

:monkey3

Pardon me if this has been brought up already,which I am sure it has, but did Sideshow go with a whole new material than what was shown in the proto pics? I have not kept up with this figure at all,first time in this thread, so sorry if this is really old subject.

I seem to remember this figure looking a lot worse in the early pictures, and I remember me hating it. But from these recent photos it doesnt look to bad at all, aside from the awful lazy eyes.

The first version had a vinyl suit, it was changed over to cloth when they couldn't get the body to look right under it I believe...

I believe so....I remember thinking Hasbro's Unleashed had the nips and now SSC's figure has the.....tips......

The fabric was definitely a better route to go... less camely, and in all honestly I think it looks closer to the source material. The vinyl was too shiny IMO.

Didn't Sideshow also modify the body's hips so that the material wouldn't get pulled into the gap?
I got my shipping notice and I'll have mine on Friday.

Ah yes, the camel toe debacle. Its all coming back to me now.

Aside from the eyes and the long arms/gloves thing, this didnt come out nearly as bad as I had thought it would. Still and pass for me, but not a bad figure over all.

Back