12" SS SW Asajj pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SideshowDusty said:
It's also much easier for a character who has no actor/actress connected with it to get through the approval process.
I hope it will also prevent people from nit picking it to death.

But I doubt it.

Last edited:
Poggle the Greater said:
Looks to me as if it could almost be the Padme headsculpt tweaked slightly.

That could explain how it's gotten done so quickly also.

Other than them both being female and bald, I don't see any similarity.

EVILFACE said:
Other than them both being female and bald, I don't see any similarity.

Pull up the pic of the bald Padme and compare the shapes of the sculpt.
I think's it's the same basic sculpt.

I could be totally wrong but I took from what Dusty said that this could very well be the case since she brought up Padme's head sculpt as being the thing that brought about this figure getting made.
At least that's what I thought she implied.

EVILFACE said:
Man, some will grasp at even the shortest straws.

If you'll notice I posted what I felt were the similarities well before Dusty commented so you can take your poor attempts at underlying jabs elsewhere. Considering she didn't deny it yet drew comparisons between the two in any way I think gives any rational thinking person reason to come to my conclusion.

I love how I have the same heat-seeking lemmings go out of their way to disagree with anything and everything I say here.

It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

It's a completely different sculpt than Padme, done by a completely different artist for that matter. As someone mentioned already, besides the fact that both portraits are bald there is almost zero similarity (you'll understand this better when you see actual pics).

Poggle the Greater said:
There's a reason designs like Asajj didn't make it into the films and that was because she wasn't up to the quality of the rest of the designs, plain and simple.

I'm betting this figure will be the weakest selling figure of the SW line yet.
There are far more SW fans like myself who are purists to the films and think the EU is crap than the numbers who read the books.

To each his own though I guess but I know I wouldn't pay $30 for this figure.

You do know that Asajj was originally designed to be the main Sith villainess in Attack of the Clones but Lucas made a last minute decision to cast Christopher Lee because he wanted someone more noble and experienced rather than just another Darth Maul-esque Sith assassin. It had nothing to do with the design which was liked so much that they knew they had to fit it in the license somewhere so she made her debut in the Clone Wars instead. If the Endor stooges sold out, Asajj will and I can't wait to get this one. She is a bada$$!!! :maul

Last edited:
Looks good but as we all know SS's proto pics can't be trusted.I will own one.:maul

Last edited:
Well I stand corrected. I still however stand by my opinion that the shape of her features feels very close to the Padme sculpt to me.

No need for some to get so defensive about a simple opinion though as I would assume the reason SS releases these cryptic photos is to create discussion and speculation.

If that is not what they want then they should just release a hi-res color photo from the get go.

..and yes I have the art and making of books and know Assaj was intended to be a Sith in AOTC. Still, if Lucas had felt her character or designs were strong enough to be in the movie he would have done so. Any SW fan who follows the pre-productions of the films can tell you there are 3 fates to any SW design: it goes in the film, it goes to the wayside or the half decent designs he likes get used in the EU.

Regardless if it goes into a comic, cartoon or book, it is still as sub-par design in my opinion and obviously in the opinion of Lucas himself for it to not have been pursued further until it was worthy of being in the film. Proof being he could have turned her design into a female Jedi had he loved it that much. He did that with Kit Fisto who was originally designed as a Sith.

Like I said, Lucas' decision was a narrative one, not a design one. Personally, I would have loved it if Asajj was the Sith in both AOTC and ROTS. I will OWN this figure. Question is, what will the exclusive be?

decadentdave said:
Like I said, Lucas' decision was a narrative one, not a design one. Personally, I would have loved it if Asajj was the Sith in both AOTC and ROTS. I will OWN this figure. Question is, what will the exclusive be?

But this figure is all design and not narrative.

I personally don't think it's strong enough for her to be included with the other Sith Lords.

I thought her character was by far the weakest link on the otherwise perfect Clone Wars cartoons.

Regardless, she's made and I won't be buying her and while many here (who admittedly will buy anything SSC makes) want her, I think the majority of hardcore Star Wars collectors will pass. The EU is pretty much despised by a very large majority of SW fans.

If Sideshow was guaranteed to have this license forever I'd be totally lax about her being made, but considering no one knows just how many years SSC will be making SW 12" figures, I'd rather the effort have been spent on a movie character. Especially since they have a Natalie Portman sculpt, why not do her very simple white AOTC outfit?

Poggle the Greater said:
I thought her character was by far the weakest link on the otherwise perfect Clone Wars cartoons.

Regardless, she's made and I won't be buying her and while many here (who admittedly will buy anything SSC makes) want her, I think the majority of hardcore Star Wars collectors will pass. The EU is pretty much despised by a very large majority of SW fans.

Oh, and that explains the immense popularity of the Clone Wars? Asajj was one of the coolest things about the series. Her duel with Anakin on Yavin IV, her training by Dooku and Sidious. You underestimate the power of the Dark Side! :emperor

I'm buying her because I like the design and she's a female dark Jedi (she is not a Sith).

And SS will have the license for a very long time.

EVILFACE said:
I'm buying her because I like the design and she's a female dark Jedi (she is not a Sith).

"I AM SITH!" - Asajj Ventress

Um, actually, she is. :maul

Back