12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

With this and the KOTCS Indy coming in the near future my finger is hovering over the cancel button for German disguise Indy.
I just got hold of a Koto Henry snr for next to nothing, and I think he looks pretty good next my Indy's

Glad Sr is hitting, was a little concerned after german indy(where is my cairo indy?)

And yeah the 4 movies have very slightly different jackets, hats... but ONLY SUPERfans can pick out that stuff, hardly worth doing for the masses...

Glad Sr is hitting, was a little concerned after german indy(where is my cairo indy?)

And yeah the 4 movies have very slightly different jackets, hats... but ONLY SUPERfans can pick out that stuff, hardly worth doing for the masses...

Apart from KOTCS where Indy is in his sixties. I think just for that there should be another Indy

Apart from KOTCS where Indy is in his sixties. I think just for that there should be another Indy

And TOD Indy where you can have a torn shirt, bruised up portrait, sword weapon.

LC is probably the only one that's so minimally different it's not worth doing. Henry can include all the goodies you might put with Indy.

LC is probably the only one that's so minimally different it's not worth doing. Henry can include all the goodies you might put with Indy.

How so? They're going to put a shirt, tie, and others with Sr? No, I don't see them doing that. If we can want to see several versions of Vader which aren't really that different we can do Indy too.

How so? They're going to put a shirt, tie, and others with Sr? No, I don't see them doing that. If we can want to see several versions of Vader which aren't really that different we can do Indy too.

No, I mean like the grail cup, the grail tablet, accessories that Henry could include.

If they make LC Indy, cool, I'm just saying, of the 4 incarnations of Indy, if you've already done Raiders, LC is the least significantly different you can make after that one, Temple if they do the end of the movie beaten up version is quite different, and KOTCS simply because of his age is quite different. LC is a more subtle difference from Raiders, enough if you know about the costumes, but in collectibles, I don't know how much it'd differ. The Raiders Indy hat isn't even spot on Raiders so how much an LC figure would differ from a Raiders is questionable.

And likewise, with Darth Vader, the differences between Jedi and ANH are strong, but Jedi and Empire not so much.

They're probably not crazy different but I guess I look at them as different enough to warrant a figure of Indy from that film. Part of it lies in the fact I don't care to go get another Raiders Indy then all the little parts to make it work.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them making it or anyone wanting it, just commenting that it would be the least distinct from the currently released figure is all. That's assuming he's in adventure gear, perhaps to mix things up, it'd be professor or Indy in a suit like Venice.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them making it or anyone wanting it, just commenting that it would be the least distinct from the currently released figure is all.

Other than Indy getting older for KOTCS there isn't much difference about anything with Indy. Yeah, he loses a sleeve in TOD (which is why they should do that version IMO) so there is enough for me personally to warrant an Indy in Adventure gear from each. Plus having new headsculpts for each would be cool.

Other than Indy getting older for KOTCS there isn't much difference about anything with Indy. Yeah, he loses a sleeve in TOD (which is why they should do that version IMO) so there is enough for me personally to warrant an Indy in Adventure gear from each. Plus having new headsculpts for each would be cool.

So other than a tie and buttoned shirt, what would a TLC Indy outfit have to keep him from being nothing short of a redundant rehash of the ROTL Adventurer? :confused:

So other than a tie and buttoned shirt, what would a TLC Indy outfit have to keep him from being nothing short of a redundant rehash of the ROTL Adventurer? :confused:

To most fans nothing, the color of this belt and the holster/revolver he uses are differant. There are differances in the hat's shape or the jacket's color and legnth but they are subtle, and this is the company that got Belloq's shirt color and hair color wrong so I wouldn't expect such little details to show up on their radar.

Young Indy would be better, especially after the the bleach blonde Medicom disaster.

But enough of Indy, Colonel Vogel in his Black SS Uniform, or a Grail Knight would make for some really nice 1/6 scale pieces.

new headsculpts? beyond that I'm not sure. but At the very least, I'd loke to be able to have them side by side for comparison purposes.

vogel? grail knight?.......MOLA RAM!!!!! lol

Well yea, but they said they were done with Raiders of the Lost Ark now, so I assume they are going to go by movie, I would like to see at least a Grail Knight as well from the LC license before we move on to Temple of Doom or that other 4th movie whos name I won't mention.

Nope.. the pants, shirt, jacket and Fedora were different from Raiders to LC.. granted the differences are not ones we'll likely see sideshow recreate.. but there are definite differences...

You're right that darker buttons or a slightly different hat taper are such minor changes they don't really warrant a TLC version. Sideshow didn't even get the details right on Raiders Indy. So as I and others said before, it really comes down to just a different web belt color, different gun and a tie, as the only significant or noticeable costume differences. Is it really worth the $90 redundancy, especially since Raiders Indy has failed to sell out and after they're already doing a second Adventure gear KotCS Indy?

Nah easy pass, the likeness on the hand is all wrong :monkey3

Actually, when I looked at the hand I thought that that was not the hand of an older person who usually has more wrinkles, liver spots, etc.

new headsculpts? beyond that I'm not sure. but At the very least, I'd loke to be able to have them side by side for comparison purposes.

I could see this point IF Sideshow had gotten the Raiders Indy details correct which they didn't.

yeah i get what you mean, if we're definitely on a last crusade cycle of figures now i'd love to see an Elsa Schneider in nazi gear, maybe a Marcus Brody? Sallah? even a Donovan over a grail knight (don't get me wrong i'd love him too) hoping this figure turns out nice though, i passed up a chance to get medicom henry jones snr for £100 reduced from £150 because i was hoping that sideshow would do him, and it'd be in scale with my sideshow indy (also i'm not skilled enough as a painter to bring the likeness out of the medicom figs) so heres hoping that the sculpt is good.

Back