12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
IMG_0005.jpg

Heheheheh. Right caption, wrong photo. Thanks Tom.

Actually this looks like it got much higher quality paint apps than our friend Strider.

Here's some more oversized, unfair, totally ridiculous photos...

araCU1.jpg

araCU2.jpg

araCU3.jpg

Repaint? Nope...

So yeah, these look a lot better than my earlier photos. Lighting is EVERYTHING. He looks much better in dim, warm light. That's my major discovery of the day. Now I know why girl's like "mood" lighting, meaning candles. Anyway, jokes aside, the face really pops now.

Thanks for the great pics, Wor-Gar and Matt.

Wor-Gar, in your last set of pics, Aragorn looks like he just received news that his puppy had run away from home...:monkey2

Definitely mixed emotions still with this figure. Tuesday is my D-Day.

Just got my Exclusive Aragorn and I have to say that I love him so far. There are some issues with the head sculpt bu you cannot deny that this is a great figure with a lot of love and detail put into it. I forgot about the evenstar and was so happy when I saw it around his neck!

I will post pics when I can. The ones on one sixth warrior are probably the best pics that reflect the figure I have in my hands right now.

I'm really happy and since I am a LOTR fan this may be my favorite 1/6 from sideshow for sentimental reasons.

FlyAndFight said:
Wor-Gar, in your last set of pics, Aragorn looks like he just received news that his puppy had run away from home...:monkey2.

:lol Mine definitely has that lost puppy look. I can't tell if my sculpt is warped or if its the "moustache" part of the beard that is ill-painted.

I'm gonna give him a blast with the hairblower and see what happens.

pjam said:
Thanks T.O.M. These are the best pics I've seen of this figure, these and LOTRfan's... I think if you tilt his head down a tad you will get the best posed look from him.

I agree. These pics look much better in comparison. You're not focussed on the head alone, which is how it would be in person. I'm REEALLY tempted to get him off ebay or something I really wanna play around with paint and weathering on this figure!:bunnydanc

Monitor said:
I agree. These pics look much better in comparison. You're not focussed on the head alone, which is how it would be in person. I'm REEALLY tempted to get him off ebay or something I really wanna play around with paint and weathering on this figure!:bunnydanc

Yeah, I'm no painter so I'm gonna dirt sponge his jacket, let it dry and see how it looks and if I don't like it, I'll wipe it off. :D

Yes, some better pictures are coming. It really seems that the consistently questionable parts of this figure (for me) are the shiny coat and collagen filled lips. But it does seem that people who have him are happy... and thats what matters :D

Its really sad this is my first post
Ive been trolling this forum for a long time and have been a fan of SST for about 6 years now
I have some of SST Star Wars figures and some of there WWI figures and of course I have Gunny
generally I like SS figures but generally I do swap the bodies
as a 12inch figure collector SST bodies suck and suck badly
I got my Aragorn today and while I can fix alot of whats wrong with him I am also very disapointed
for 70 bucks I should have to fix anything or at the most very little

Someone asked if the dirt deco would come off the cloak during the water treatment. No, its doesn't, I did it last night. However, the water treatment is basically useless for the coat. Has no effect on the pleather.

OK, here's two new pictures of my Aragorn face. Do you see any improvement?

AragornnewCU.jpg

aragornCUpost.jpg

And here is yesterday's picture for comparison...

Aragornpost4.jpg

I've just begun to "futz" with him today...

:eek: I have more to do.

Back