12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOTRFan said:
For the record, I am convinced that the weathering would be VERY difficult to mass produce for such an ES, and I am relatively happy with the figure. :cool:
Agreed. The outfit on the proto basically looks like a mini premium format, there's no way they were going to be able to mass produce that level of extraordinarily high quality.

Alright, well the day a licensor asks for a product to look decidedly worse; well I just don't see it.

LOTRFan said:
Alright, well the day a licensor asks for a product to look decidedly worse; well I just don't see it.

Who says NL thought it would look worse? I can almost guarantee that a product has been changed be it paint apps or something to that effect on a product because say "x" company asked for it.

KamenGuyver said:
IMG_2012.jpg

Based from this pics - Aragorn looks more like JERRY BRUCKHEIMER (Movie Producer) than Viggo M. :D

mannix DLS said:
Based from this pics - Aragorn looks more like JERRY BRUCKHEIMER (Movie Producer) than Viggo M. :D

:rotfl He does. Maybe it is a hint we will be getting Pirates of the Caribbean figures from Sideshow! :D

It's the exact same sculpt. Head and Hair. I've scrutinized them side by side. It's just the hair piece was placed on the head differently. See.
Pattern of the dirt on the coat is the same, just not blended as well.

I would just like to point out that I was just looking at my Van Helsing figure from Sideshow and the mud on his leather coat looks much more like the prototype mud on Aragorn's so there is no excuse for the mud to look worse. Van Helsing's stuble and leather coat look better too. I feel Sideshow has gone from quality to QUANTITY.

Sideshow PLEASE slow down if it means our figures will come out better! Quality not quantity is the way to go.

jlcmsu said:
Who says NL thought it would look worse? I can almost guarantee that a product has been changed be it paint apps or something to that effect on a product because say "x" company asked for it.

Then did Lucas demand a darker haired Obi Wan and that Anakin wear "Burnt Plum" lipstick. :rolleyes:

Buttmunch said:
Sideshow PLEASE slow down if it means our figures will come out better! Quality not quantity is the way to go.
Please don't tell then to slow down on the LOTR line... we'll never get anything! :lol

Batty said:
Please don't tell then to slow down on the LOTR line... we'll never get anything! :lol

If the rest are going to be less like the prototype like Aragron in these crappy pics, then they must.

Buttmunch said:
If the rest are going to be less like the prototype like Aragron in these crappy pics, then they must.

Again, need to be careful about the Chicken Little syndrome. No need to freak out until you actually have him in your hands :eek:

And remember you could always get one of these instead:

review_lotr2_8.jpg
did_11.jpg

Yea, well for $15 the Toybiz version is looking alot better to me then the Sideshow Jonny Carson impersonator.

Side Note. I am going to apply for a job at New Line, this way I can demand that Sideshow change the sculpt so it actually looks like Viggo Mortensen.

:rolleyes:

galactiboy said:
Again, need to be careful about the Chicken Little syndrome. No need to freak out until you actually have him in your hands :eek:

And remember you could always get one of these instead:

review_lotr2_8.jpg
did_11.jpg

Hmmm. I recognize those DiD photos from somewhere...

I repainted the Toy-Biz figure a while back. It actually turned out to be not a bad sculpt. Not better than SSC, of course. Can't wait to get him!!

:lol
LOTRFan said:
Then did Lucas demand a darker haired Obi Wan and that Anakin wear "Burnt Plum" lipstick. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what Lucas would demand. For all I know he cuold have demanded a little darker hair on Obi-Wan. What I'm saying is that NL could have asked for changes to be made on Aragorn. Not that they did but could have and that could be the reason. You can roll your eyes all you want but it is a possiblity.

Agent23 said:
Yea, well for $15 the Toybiz version is looking alot better to me then the Sideshow Jonny Carson impersonator.

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

Agent23 said:
Side Note. I am going to apply for a job at New Line, this way I can demand that Sideshow change the sculpt so it actually looks like Viggo Mortensen.

:rolleyes:

It is possible that NL asked for changes which SS would have to comply with. You can call that BS, roll your eyes at me, or whatever else you want. It is a possiblity.

I hope we get some better pictures. And the coat is bothering me a lot more than the paint apps, although I might have to learn to strip paint if the beard is as thick as it looks.
I think I'll take the coat, ball it up, and put it under my fifteen-pound history of art book for a couple days.

jlcmsu said:
LOL Dave you know better.

Says who? :lol

Edit: Because I worded it wrong. :)

Well I guess says me (since I wrote it) and all of the people who have voiced similar opinions in the various threads. Not to mention all of the re-paints that have been done. I don't claim to speak for the masses or represent a majority opinion, but obviously you know there have been loads of complaints. You've read the threads. :cool:

Darth Rage said:
Well I guess says me (since I wrote it) and all of the people who have voiced similar opinions in the various threads. Not to mention all of the re-paints that have been done. I don't claim to speak for the masses or represent a majority opinion, but obviously you know there have been loads of complaints. You've read the threads. :cool:

There have been complaints yes. There have been repaints. That doesn't mean much more than some folks had some issues. I've read plenty of posts of folks who have had very little to say about how things have turned out.

Back