12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
Thanks WG!! I can't wait to scare the Hell out of our elderly patients on Halloween. PLUS, if that wasn't cool enough... Halloween is coming to the big screen at Regal Theaters for Oct 30th and 31st..... and it's at my local theater, about 10 minutes away.

So I will be there in costume.... ready to creep everyone out. :devil

I can hear the music now...

Back on topic. Going by these pictures, I think it is safe for Sideshow to remove the "authentic likeness of Viggo Mortensen" from the item description.

I am very disappointed in this figure going by these pictures.

:monkey2

Gentlemen, I figured out what the issue with the headsculpt is:

No one told the Sideshow sculpter that Viggo Mortenson had replaced Stuart Townsend in the role of "Aragorn". :monkey3

DarkArtist81 said:
Not to derail the thread, but that music still creeps me out... Every single time. :lol

Not to derail the thread further, but that actual mask was purchased down the street from me on Hollywood Blvd, as you all know it was a William Shatner Halloween mask and they burned all the hair and eyebrows off it... creeeepy.

yeah, pics! this guy needs to hurry up. been looking forward to him for a while. he doesn't look like the promo pics but i'm still excited cause as soon as he does arrive...let the lotr marathon begin!

His expression seems to be telling you: "haha, you've been punk'd" (not the prototype, which looks good compared to the final product). Anyway, most of you are right guys, you have to wait to see the thing in person.

Yeah, the coat in Josh's pics looks like tough leather that has been slept in a few years.

The prod. coat doesn't look nearly as convincing. :(

Not much of a customizer, but I do prefer the less-is-more approach to the stubble that is on the prototype pics, maybe just stripping a little paint to lighten the beard may help!

Thanks for the pics, Josh.

It looks like someone is going to have to give us a tutorial on how to weather his coat too.

jlcmsu said:
Here's a couple of my shots from SDCC.

Plus one from another collector

Thanks Josh! Yeah, he looks great there... will be interesting to see comp pics with the prod piece... I seriously doubt the actual HS was changed all that much, especially his expression, but still hard to tell... if it was, it may be the first time I recall seeing a high profile display fig's HS that differs significantly from the actual prod piece HS

Last edited:
Batty said:
It looks like someone is going to have to give us a tutorial on how to weather his coat too.

Yes! Please! That's the one thing that's bugging me the most about the final product. Any tips from anyone would be most appreciated.

I will have to say I've been concerned that they were not going to get the weathering correct in the production version. And looking at the production and the proto there is a HUGE difference. Now, maybe in hand it will be better. But the production looks like he just bought his coat off the rack and got a little mud on the bottom :monkey2

pjam said:
Thanks Josh! Yeah, he looks great there... will be interesting to see comp pics with the prod piece... I seriously doubt the actual HS was changed all that much, especially his expression, but still hard to tell... if it was, it may be the first time I recall seeing a high profile display fig's HS that differs significantly from the actual prod piece HS

It seems to just be the eyebrows that are throwing off the expression. If you notice... the proto eyebrows are virtually non-existent... just like Viggo's actual eyebrows. But the Production shot has the eyebrows painted a little darker, changing the expression drastically.

The beard throws you off as well with how dark it is... Makes it seem more full and bulks the face a little too much. I think with a little lightening of those two spots, we will see the same sculpt that was at SDCC. :cool:

KamenGuyver said:
IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

https://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=56785&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The top of The paint weathering looks like fingerprints :confused: :monkey1

Back