12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did carrot's pics clench it for you?:D

Carrot's pics sealed the deal but I actually reordered her last night thanks to Bronco's pics.

Glad that this is one exclusive I can live without, but Hair Bunny Leia is just too iconic to pass up when the potential fixes will make it totally rock. :eek:

I'm excited to photograph this figure, she seems to be a challenge figure, so it'll be nice to play with camera angles and lighting scenarios to see how I can show her off.

Mista_Carrot -- how did you straighten out the dress???

I didn't really do anything to the dress. That's pretty much how mine came. Although I am hiding some extra material behind her.

More thoughts:
While the head looks better than the proto version, the likeness is still off and only looks like Fisher from certain angles. Profile and 3/4 views of her head look the best to me. I still think her face is too large for the size of her head, and yes, her nose is huge. I took about 12 quick photos of her and those two were the only ones that really looked like Fisher.

The hood is a major disappointment for me. It does have a thin wire in it, but the wire doesn't go all the way to the neck. This causes the hood to "float" and look totally unnatural. Prepare to use glue or tape if you want to achieve a proper "hood-up" look.

And why couldn't they include a hand with a trigger finger?

Yeah that is lame that there is no trigger finger since I am pretty sure most of us are going to pose her with the trooper rifle. :pow

I am disappointed that the wire in the hood doesn't reach all the way too... :eek:

For me it's just the tip of the nose that kind of throws the face off. Its a little to bulbus. A little smaller it would great!!

She's here. Pics first, opinion later:

PrincessLeia1.jpg
PrincessLeia2.jpg

Good use of lighting Wor-Gar, looking at it in light like that, I really think the portrait would see more like Carrie if the eyes were looking forward, we don't really ever look at people with their eyes staring out the corners for prolonged periods of time.

She's looking really good! Man I can't wait for Christmas Break to come--by Christmas I'll have Leia, Luke, and maybe even Old Ben sitting at home . . . oh, the torture . . .

Good use of lighting Wor-Gar, looking at it in light like that, I really think the portrait would see more like Carrie if the eyes were looking forward, we don't really ever look at people with their eyes staring out the corners for prolonged periods of time.

Thanks!

Actually, its dark and pouring rain here so I had nothing to do with the lighting... but if it helps. :)

As others who have her have said, better in-hand!

The are issues, so if you passed, don't worry. The sculpt (face and hair) is well done, and I got good paint apps. It's not too big standing here next to Luke, looks about right. Her head comes up to about his eyes, so she's appropriately short.

The hands are a different color, sort of matching her cheeks. They are really small too.

The extras are great, no need to go into that.

Now the dress. Hmmmm... I got a decent one, not too wrinkled, just at the breast a bit. It's a tad short but not too bad -- it's got stitching at the waist to pinch it in, so you can only pull it so far down anyway. Sleeve length is good. No fraying that I've seen yet. The hood/neck wrap is an odd choice. It's a separate piece with no way to get it off short of popping the head off. Also, as others have mentioned, its not attached to the dress' collar so you have to push it down to cover the material of the neck is exposed. I guess they did this to have a tight fitting neckline -- which works -- but too much water treatment or ironing or anything will cause that neckline to fray badly...so be careful.

Also, a funny note, her pelvic section is collared white -- yes, she's wearing permanent panties! So that greatly effects my kitchen shots. Damn you, SS! They finally foiled me!

Should we make an "Official Picture Thread" now as more of these will be arriving to you all shortly?

I'm just baffled if Sideshow insists on continuing to use their old female buck body, why can't they make the head size fit accordingly?

Of course head size is relative. Could one of you guys post her head next to Darth Maul's? I think that might help us understand the scale better.

KINKY KITCHEN KINKY KITCHEN KINKY KITCHEN

:D:D:D

I'm not going to have time today, sorry! Plus, it's getting really dark out. I need time to strip her -- and that neck thing is trouble I fear, so I need to take my time. By then, no light. AND, she has unremovable panties...!!!

This will have to wait until Monday.

Also, a funny note, her pelvic section is collared white -- yes, she's wearing permanent panties! So that greatly effects my kitchen shots . . . They finally foiled me!

Should we make an "Official Picture Thread" now as more of these will be arriving to you all shortly?

Ha ha ha! The powers of good strike again!

Oh, and should there be a new official thread, or does this one count?

Back